Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Who Needs Laid? (longest hookup drought)

[ QUOTE ]
All,

From what I've skimmed guids has given a lot of good advice, but it's easy for him cuz he knows if he doesn't have his "A" game he can always bring his own personal Mariano Rivera of Getting Laid out of the bullpen:

[/ QUOTE ]

Expert use of capitalization.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how many of you really social/get laid 5x/week guys have full time (non poker) jobs?

a big problem for me is that i work 10 hr/day and often don't get home until 8-10pm...doesn't leave much time for socializing...

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap Excuse... go out after work, approach women, get shot down, repeat until bar closes or hook up.

Just as animals can smell fear.... women can smell desperate men. Instead of attacking as animals do, women run from desperation. They figure if no other sloot will do ya, there is something wrong.

You must end the dryspell with anything that will drop her panties for you. The desperation will no longer be seeping from your pores. Then and only then do you have a shot at anything half way decent.

After shedding the scent of desperation... you must be confident. If you are not confident than fake it. This is a group of poker players here is it not. Bluff your confidence if need be, but for f's sake do not be meek. I am not saying to act like an arrogant a-ho, but be afraid of no woman. I would even recommend approching women out of your league if you can really pull off the confidence thing. (how many times have you seen a 9 or 10 F with a 6 or 7 M?) He had the balls to approach her... all she can do is say no thanks.

I am older and wiser than most of you... these are pearls of wisdom for the lonely wackers out there. I too, used to be shy around women... if I only knew then what I am spilling to you now.

For the record... I have been married almost 8 years to a woman who, when at a playboy party with 12 former playmates of the month, was the 2nd or 3rd best looking woman in the room.

I was so confident when I met her, that she asked me to ask her out.

Happy Hunting

Any females OOTers out there care to chime in on the confidence factor.... or admit that the female of the species can smell desperation in men? I know it to be true, but it seems a tightly held secret by the sisterhood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, you are right. That was the point of my post - if somewhat unclear. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] The only thing I would add is that women really seem to like quiet confidence - don't be an a-hole about it. To give you shy scared ones a boost, women like SMART men - especially women who are 25+. I am assuming that you are smarter than average by virtue of you being on here, so you have an inherent advantage. So, look for situations where you can use your brains/conversational skills - the various adult ed stuff suggestions are great, use online dating - perfect for people scared of the initial approach.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:59 PM

Cardo,

Just wanted to make two comments:

"Having sex with a stranger automatically entails a certain degree of false intimacy / saying [censored] you don't mean / acting ways that aren't entirely genuine / etc. etc. etc. that make me feel unnatural and somewhat guilty."

That's not necessary or true. These types of hookups can be totally honest from both sides.

"I can't fathom how the average single young man would even know enough chicks to be [censored] a bunch of different ones so regularly that you never go without ass for more than a few weeks at a time."

Um, this has been standard pretty much forever, it's called "dating around." For people who just want to hook up, which is likely a good majority of guys in their 20s, I'd find it hard to fathom how they wouldn't be able to find someone to hook up with just about anytime they want. This, of course, is very different than finding a girlfriend. People have been doing this with ease since well before the Internet. With Myspace/Facebook/Match/etc, it becomes trivially easy for just about anyone to get laid pretty much as often as they want.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:28 PM

And to echo what El D is saying, just live in a beach community during the summer. If you have any kind of game you can pull ass every single day.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With Myspace/Facebook/Match/etc, it becomes trivially easy for just about anyone to get laid pretty much as often as they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Design me a facebook/myspace page? Never joined any of these but if you actually think it's this easy I might need OOT's help in the near future to get this started as I'm on a HUGE dry spell.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:57 PM

Klompy,

You live in Iowa. Being on a dry spell there is probably a good thing.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:20 PM

tuq,

You mean sheep don't have myspace?

On a side note I'm leaving to go on vacation in some cabins on lake Michigan for the next week. Perhaps bar sloots in Michigan will treat me better.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how long it's been for FFK or Fluff.

An hour? 10 minutes?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol wtf.

edit- now that I think about it, this post was pretty accurate back on july tenth (while i was visiting her in france), but its been the entire 30 days since then in fluff's case (at least i keep telling myself that...)

2nd edit- seeing the post a few more down from the one i quoted i now noticed the diff between drought in absolute terms and drought in terms of from when you want it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] makes much more sense now
Old 08-10-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With Myspace/Facebook/Match/etc, it becomes trivially easy for just about anyone to get laid pretty much as often as they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Design me a facebook/myspace page? Never joined any of these but if you actually think it's this easy I might need OOT's help in the near future to get this started as I'm on a HUGE dry spell.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's easy. Take pictures of you having fun and doing silly [censored]. Be a prick yet funny in your profile and you will have to [censored] it up yourself after that.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:02 PM

question for guys on these year+ long streaks.

how often are you in social situations where there are girls involved? it seems like to go that long you almost have to be actively avoiding situations where there would be potential for hooking up with chicks.

assuming you at least have a circle of friends that are guys, some of your friends must know girls who know other girls etc etc that you could hang out with (as a group at least till you know the girls better yourself) and potentially hook up with.

obviously you can also go the myspace/online route if you are just looking for a chick to bang but imo its easier to find girls through friends and friends of friends who know them and can introduce you in a setting that isnt immediately 1on1 with the chick.

i guess what i originally meant for my question to be is do you see/hang out with girls and just not bang any of them or do you never see any at all?