Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Prop bet thread

Her is an article of the Williams sisters playing vs. an out of shape german pro:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,,543962,00.html#article_continue
Old 07-29-2007, 11:31 AM

El D,

i don't know exactly what you mean by 'good skills', so i'm going to assume that D2 role player is the level of 'good skills' we are talking about. Given that he is 6'3, 230, with 'good skills', i think he could make a WNBA team, i think. I don't know that he'd dominate though. It's always kind of hard to specify what 'good skills' are.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:09 PM

"Victor: "unfortunately, this bet will never go down" I am doing my best to see if I can find people to round up 7 guys for me in Seattle or Portland. Based on my experience playing D1 girls, I like the guy's side A LOT."

kyleb would be a good source here.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[
1v1 basketball vs pretty much any girl in the world (my highest level bball played is an intramural college league, will give odds if best you can find is D1 bench player or something). I have never played with a D1 level or higher girl that I know of.

[/ QUOTE ]

In basketball, I know some girls that would be HUGE favorites against a typical college intramural player. If the money is big, i could get her involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

not quite the same, but my brother's friend who played JV at penn ran circles around a wnba all star one on one.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To those interested in the 1v1 basketball bet...

You should contact them via facebook. Or I can.

I guess we basically just say, me and my friends want to bet a couple grand with each other that a guy we know could beat you 1v1. Would you like to participate?

Btw, i would love some action on this, but am busto. If somebody takes the girl side, i'll buy a piece of your action or something.

As soon as we have a taker on the girl side i guess we can gogogogogo on the contact. Tasha Humphrey would be my first choice, but if you know of any others, feel free to include them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, pretty sure there are a LOT of guys that didn't go to college for one reason or another playing on the streets of NY or Chicago or whereever that would really own a girl one on one; not to mention one on one is where most of those guys shine and their quickness would just baffle the female.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ship,

from my understanding, we are talking about a guy who describes himself as a good college intramural player. Obv. if we went to rucker park we cuold find some guys to dominate any girl ever, but a couple things make me think that your normal 'good intramural player' would get beaten.

I've played with some elite level girls, and it aint to be laughed at. Some of these girls are rough. I remember reading a column by an ESPN guy who played DII basketball or something, and was now like 30. He 'tried out' for a WNBA team, and got beat the hell up. Interesting article, basically he got bullied in the post a lot. I think the phsyicality can't be understated, bc the offerer described himself as 6'0 and 160, and Tasha for instance is 6'3, built big, and tough. She'd bully him around, basically, not to mention being a far better shooter than most intramural level guys.

Of course, OP could be skip-to-my-lou, but i think this is a very interesting bet, and if it goes down i'm buying a piece of the girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

This shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Elite woman's college teams have been scrimmaging against male intramural players for years and years. Someone must have watched Tennessee practice. Do the women get the hell beaten out of them? I have no idea, but I'm positive that I could get on the right side of this bet if I watched even one scrimmage of this type.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:19 PM

although i think the guys are a favorite with equal skill level, your experience playing d3 girls is really irrelevant. if you could get the girls u18 national team and played a 90 min game i think it would be very tough finding 7 guys short of national pool or top level state players in strong soccer states.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:23 PM

A personal experience: After she finished college, Kate Starbird went back to her old high school to play at an open gym. She was one of the best college players in the country, and she basically got dominated by a bunch of JV boys.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:45 PM

In hockey, the canadian national womens team (read: best in thew world) lost to a AAA regional team of 15 year old guys.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:03 PM

In OOT some 200 pound guy got 8-1 on drinking 20 shots of pop ([censored] vodka)a day for 4 days.

I'm 140 pounds and have less experience than the other guy but would take the bet for WAY less of odds.

3-10k
Old 07-29-2007, 10:39 PM

Bet someone they can't go a month using only dimes as spending money. Rent and utility bills excluded, but otherwise only dimes.