Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did you used to watch He-Man?
Yes 12 85.71%
No 2 14.29%
I suck; show me the results 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Re: 2006 - 2007 NBA Season Discussion Thread

LaMarcus due to his crappy team had/has more shots and time on court than Tyrus. Hard to say who is better at this point for me.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:59 AM

No, it's really not.

Is Tyrus Thomas better than Brandon Roy for the same reason?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, it's really not.

Is Tyrus Thomas better than Brandon Roy for the same reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

okay i feel like there has been too much "tyrus hate" (me included)

ive reviewed some stuff and hes pretty damn good.

im gonna do a rookie rankings at the end of the year, and tyrus will prob be 4 or 5.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:17 AM

I'm not hating on Thomas at all lol, I was content to say both teams got a player they need and leave it at that but now I feel the need to defend my boy Aldridge. I'm reading articles out of Chicago saying basically the same things these guys are saying and it's all nonsense. If Thomas were that great, he'd be playing. It's not like Chicago has a bunch of All-Star forwards in front of him. PJ Brown, Nocioni who's actually a SF, Sweetney...c'mon stop the madness. You might be able to make the argument Thomas will eventually be a good NBA player, but I'll make the argument that LaMarcus IS ALREADY a good NBA player.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Golden State now officially in the 8th spot of the playoffs is super exciting stuff. People may think I'm joking about them being a favorite against Dallas in the first round, but this is some real Denver-Seattle in 1994 action we're talking about here. The ONLY good news for the Mavericks is that it's a seven-game series, which tends to favor the better team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that Seattle was nowhere the team that Dallas is. You are comparing a 57 win team to a team that if they win the championship they will be considered one of the 5 best teams in the last 30 years and if they don't win the championship they will be considered one of the biggest disappointments in the last 30 years and that 94 series was nothing but a giant upset, an 8 seed stunning a 1 seed...it wasn't a 1 seed falling short of greatness. Let's face it, it isn't close to the same thing.

[ QUOTE ]
I hear you and agree. Golden State actually is 2-0 vs the mavs this year, which is better then any other team in the league (vs the mavs). I'd like to think Nellie knows their system better then anyone other then avery johnson/their players. It seems josh howard may be a little dinged up, and the warriors are just clicking... I can really see this actually being a good series, and not the sweep everyone expects out of a 1/8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well first, Howard, unless something crazy happens in these last 5 games will be healthy for the playoffs. His ankle is actually fine right now and Avery is just spreading the minutes around to make sure his bench is ready for the playoffs. This means there shouldn't be any excuse b/c they should have a healthy team going into the playoffs barring anything unfortunate between now and then.

Secondly, I don't think anyone expects a sweep if it were GS in the 8 seed. I do believe Tuq's favoring GS is a bit ridiculous. I do agree that Nellie does a great job coaching underdogs, he always has, his problem has always been winning when he has had the team. Sure, GS will give Dallas more of a headache than the Clippers will--the Clippers lack of a point guard would end the series rather quickly--but I don't believe GS is better than Dallas and would tend to think that many would agree, and so a 7 game series is just to tall of a task to ask of GS. They may win a couple games b/c they are dangerous but I don't see this turning into a collapse.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:44 PM

just a quick correction, that was a 63 win team, not a 57 win team.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just a quick correction, that was a 63 win team, not a 57 win team.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT. Best record in the NBA that year. Thanks Jack.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:12 PM

tdarko,

I went through it position-by-position and I'm pretty sure GS has a clear advantage, except for Dirk.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:15 PM

tdarko was too busy typing to actually look up the numbers and Josh Howard and his ankle are OK and seriously Mavs/Avery are the best and anyone who opposes them will feel the wrath of my run-on power.

I think the meltdown of the Mavs will be the most entertaining part of the playoffs. SA vs. DET will be the least. Actually, DWade taking 30 free throws a game will be the least entertaining part. Then the opening Washington series. Then SA vs. DET (I'll actually like it, but the rating will be awful).
Old 04-10-2007, 02:17 PM

Dirk and Howard.