23-26 61 25.85%
27-30 32 13.56%
30-34 27 11.44%
35+ 32 13.56%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Official October Thread: General Discussion

can anyone relate to my situation currently?

in regard to cashgames, i am winning a little bit in sixmax games at 1/2 and 2/4 when i game select well, but the only thing I am showing good profit in (ie consistent five figure months if i play a good schedule) is heads-up poker

however, it is hard for me to put in sessions at heads-up, because of how stressful sessions can be. not in the sense of sweat-going-down-my-forehead, just the fact that hands per hour feels higher and so many more things have to be considered even with an MT ratio of 2, like pace of play, timing tells, how the metagame of the match is going, how i feel villain's mood is, etc

whereas sixmax (i assume others feel the same) i just load up 4 tables and try and pick up reads, but for the most part play lag autopilot.

can any HU players chime in on how they manage to put in so many sessions? I mean, at some point I need to grasp that its my responsibilty to put in hands, but it seems harder to get inspired to do it for HU compared to sixmax just because HU is so much more demanding even though the relative opposition is weaker

/ramble
Old 10-23-2007, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in regard to cashgames, i am winning a little bit in sixmax games at 1/2 and 2/4 when i game select well, but the only thing I am showing good profit in (ie consistent five figure months if i play a good schedule) is heads-up poker

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
whereas sixmax (i assume others feel the same) i just load up 4 tables and try and pick up reads, but for the most part play lag autopilot.

[/ QUOTE ]

you do know that "pace of play, timing tells, how the metagame of the match is going, how i feel villain's mood is, etc" has to be considered even when the amount of players at the table increase from 2 to 6 right?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How are you guys depositing on Eurolinx?

[/ QUOTE ]

bank wire. i have like $5k there if anyone wants it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't allow transfers, right?

If they do, I would be willing to swap you for FTP or Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

We do allow P2P transfers. You just have to request it from Support in order for it to be activated.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:50 AM

yes, but somehow i find this more applicable with HU play. sixmax is more of a grind to me.

maybe this is why im better at HU than sixmax lately.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:27 AM

whoops there go another mouse. thats 2 in less than a week. i rly need to quit when I feel tilt coming on. that and maybe stop trying to make big calls.

just lost playing SH to 2 different fish who couldn't beat 100nl. the HOFFanostra is SUCH A [censored] JOKE(hes got a 8500 stack @ 1020 ftp right now). how can I beat someone who ALWAYS HAS THE NUTS when they play a pot over $200???

that is all
Old 10-23-2007, 06:30 AM

looking for my first -10k day.

10/20 is hard when im really drunk + hitting zero flops.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:49 AM

lol GOT IT.

GOODNIGHT.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can anyone relate to my situation currently?

however, it is hard for me to put in sessions at heads-up, because of how stressful sessions can be. not in the sense of sweat-going-down-my-forehead, just the fact that hands per hour feels higher and so many more things have to be considered even with an MT ratio of 2, like pace of play, timing tells, how the metagame of the match is going, how i feel villain's mood is, etc

can any HU players chime in on how they manage to put in so many sessions? I mean, at some point I need to grasp that its my responsibilty to put in hands, but it seems harder to get inspired to do it for HU compared to sixmax just because HU is so much more demanding even though the relative opposition is weaker

/ramble

[/ QUOTE ]

first, i get real stuck, usually to a fish. then, i learn his game better than him. after that, i run slightly below average and get it all back plus some of the money that used to be his. last month i did that and i made a lot of money, this month i'm running slight below slightly below average and i'm not winning a lot.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:13 AM

Hi,

I need beta testers for new poker software. In short it will calculate "G-bucks" . We will have working beta version about this weekend and we need small group of beta testers to let us know what we should improve (features/interface).
You need to meet following criteria to qualify :
-you are willing to be beta tester;
-you are recognized poster on 2p2
-you are math inclined
-you have some free time and will to test the software and give us some feedback
-you are interested in math of poker

We need 1-2 more people at this stage. Feel free to pm me if you are interested [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

first, i get real stuck, usually to a fish. then, i learn his game better than him. after that, i run slightly below average and get it all back plus some of the money that used to be his. last month i did that and i made a lot of money, this month i'm running slight below slightly below average and i'm not winning a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

today i lost 7 buyins to a fish in 15 hands. thats right. i had 7 buyins on the table, he took them all.

in 15 hands.

basically every single hand he would reraise the minimum pre, so I adjusted by comitting a lot pre a couple of times, resulting in him winning a 3 buyin pot with bottom pair > my overs and flushdraw. then he won a 6 buyin pot when i had an overpair of queens and he had a set. it was reraised i think 6 times preflop.

then he sat out. i couldnt help but berate him for such classlessness, but then, believe it or not

HE SITS BACK IN. AND SAYS SRY.

i then take all my money back and finish my sesh with a 10 buyin stack.

so reading this gives me faith that i do in fact have what it takes to be aejones, at least when he is running normal.
Closed Thread