T. Henry Vs. Hou 8 47.06%
M. Jones-Drew @ Phi 0 0%
F. Taylor @ Phi 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread****

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you knew anything about the Phillies, you would realize why I am taking advantage of this oppurtunity to the fullest extent. Most likely, they will blow this in the most painful way possible.

Needle you really need to lighten up. I can't stand it when people make generalizations off of one fan they encounter. It didn't even happen near Philadelphia, yet all Phillies fans are pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blow what? They don't have anything

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that he is saying that they with just blow themselves or something.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you knew anything about the Phillies, you would realize why I am taking advantage of this oppurtunity to the fullest extent. Most likely, they will blow this in the most painful way possible.

Needle you really need to lighten up. I can't stand it when people make generalizations off of one fan they encounter. It didn't even happen near Philadelphia, yet all Phillies fans are pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its actually not a generalization its a known fact that Philly fans are a bunch of asses:
1. They booed and threw snow balls at santa
2. They booed Donovan McNabb before he played a game
3. They booed their own hometown Kobe Bryant at an all star game
4. laughing as Michael Irvin had a career ending injury in 1999
5. Reports of spitting on Panther fans in NFC Championship game.

If more examples are needed, I could be here all night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you forget what Mets fans are capable of. I know the guy was a jackass but you guys threw batteries at Rocker. I bet that's just the tip of the icebreg.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:03 PM

^^i'm sure there are other incidents...and as a new york fan, i'm not sure if i'm being unfair in justifying this...but man, that guy took shots at several groups in new york, it wasn't even baseball, heck, most of it had nothing to do with sports
Old 08-30-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its actually not a generalization its a known fact that Philly fans are a bunch of asses:

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Sorry, I wasn't alive 40 years ago. I agree, though, there's nothing worse than booing Santa.

2. I love how you say "they", as if the entire city was there booing him. This was a group of 30 morons and they were booing management, not McNabb.

3. Hometown? What are you talking about? He barely lived in Philly growing up? Still pretty classless to be a rapist, I agree.

4. Pretty dure the drunk fans at the vet didn't realize it was a career ending injury. Irvin himself said he would have booed him if he was an Eagles fan.

5. These reports are probably true and it happens EVERYWHERE, not just in Philly.

I find it amusing that you trying arguing something isn't a generalization with three of your examples BEING GENERALIZATIONS. Congratulations, you used the five examples that EVERY Philly-hater uses. I'd like to hear your other examples and I'd be glad to shut you up some more.

I could go name countless examples of Mets fans or any other fanbase doing stupid things. I'm smart enough to realize that it's a small group and not everyone.

Wait, did you hear about that one Mets fan at the game the other night.

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.as...s&tid=53628

After reading that it's safe to say that all Met's fans are classless...gimme a break. Try thinking before you spit out the same old thing about Phillies fans. I especially love the booing Santa point...those people went straight to hell I bet.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:17 PM

Why are you guys crying?

At least you're not the PHILLIES
Old 08-30-2007, 10:18 PM

philadelphia is easily the most classless and boorish sports city in the US. they had an improptu court and jail set up in their football stadium. all the examples cited above. the famous picture of a devils fan being sucker punched while flyers fans celebrate. they booed mike schmidt for years.

philadelphia has constantly [censored] on its best players worse than either new york or boston.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lived in PA for 3 years. I think I am officially qualified to decide if fans are [censored] or not. It isn't the first time in those years either. So [censored] off. I'm off to the bars now to get even more hammered than I am right now. Enjoy your thursday nights college kids.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:56 PM

Let's not derail the Mets thread with this. I am a proud Philly fan. I will admit that we have some of the worst fans out there. But I will also say that we have some very awesome fans.

When the day one of our teams actually wins a national championship, it will be just bliss. Until then, I will live and die with my teams. Mostly die, obviously.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled Mets thread.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to hear your other examples and I'd be glad to shut you up some more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll just add this one to the list too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I could argue back all of your reasonings behind it and post hundreds of examples but its not worth the time, you're a Philly [censored] and that can only mean one thing.

If you were to take a poll the Philly fans would be the worst. Based on your posts, you're as big of an [censored] as most Philly fans so you're not helping your cause. Please go back to the Philly thread.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you forget what Mets fans are capable of. I know the guy was a jackass but you guys threw batteries at Rocker. I bet that's just the tip of the icebreg.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong here, but wasn't it Philadelphia that threw batteries at JD Drew over some holdout? I think Rocker is a little more deserving.