check/call 1 8.33%
bet/call 5 41.67%
bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: AJ - 450 bbs deep

couple questions...what position is the limper? Does HJ raiser limpers frequently?
Old 11-11-2007, 01:27 AM

Its honestly my 4th hand at this table. The limper is from MP.

I can't say if HJ is raising limpers frequently, but I am assuming he isn't doing this simply bc there were 1-2 limpers and his relative position at the table
Old 11-11-2007, 01:33 AM

Well, it's a tough spot.

Preflop: I actually think 3-betting would be pretty questionable.

Flop: I peel.

turn: I peel.

River: if he continues, I fold. Most live players are very reluctant to bet three streets here with worse than AQ.

I played a hand at 5/10 live a couple weeks ago. Basically, I 3-barrel shoved AQ on an Axxxx board against a complete calling station. Everyone live tries to put you on a hand afterwards. No one guess I had AQ. they all guessed at least 2pr. Moral of the story, live players don't believe you'll fire 3 barrels with just TP. Therefore, live players will rarely 3-barrel with hands you beat here.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:40 AM

Diamond, I agree with Devin, but he's been drinking for like 4 hours or something.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, it's a tough spot.

Preflop: I actually think 3-betting would be pretty questionable.

Flop: I peel.

turn: I peel.

River: if he continues, I fold. Most live players are very reluctant to bet three streets here with worse than AQ.

I played a hand at 5/10 live a couple weeks ago. Basically, I 3-barrel shoved AQ on an Axxxx board against a complete calling station. Everyone live tries to put you on a hand afterwards. No one guess I had AQ. they all guessed at least 2pr. Moral of the story, live players don't believe you'll fire 3 barrels with just TP. Therefore, live players will rarely 3-barrel with hands you beat here.

[/ QUOTE ]

They all put you on 2-pair or better, but they'll call with all kinds of junk. I'll pot every street with TP?K against most opponents and it's almost always good when they just call down.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:44 AM

Villain is an ubernit 12/5/1.24 over 330 hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($50)
SB ($60.75)
BB ($60.30)
jb ($71.05)
MP ($75.15)

Preflop: jb is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">jb raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2, SB calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($6.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">jb bets $6</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $12</font>
Old 11-11-2007, 01:45 AM

Yeah I probably should have called the turn. Turns out hes pretty aggressive, bc I open folded AQ and he showed me AJ lol.

Against an unknown I give them more credit than I probably should(AK or two pair, a set, some combo-flush draw). I didn't really put him on AK bc he only raised to $12, where they usually make it like 16-20 w/AK. It felt so weak to fold it on the turn but I guess its pretty close here. I didn't feel like he was slowing down on the river if I called so....
Old 11-11-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Diamond, I agree with Devin, but he's been drinking for like 4 hours or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol!

Slim: Agreed. I think thats something I need to learn to do better. Maximize my value with TPGK against bad opponents. They really do call down with such worse hands often enough, when it gets to showdown I realize I missed out on so much value.

It really depends on the table and how passive/aggressive your opponents are postflop
Old 11-11-2007, 01:58 AM

you have to call and re-evaluate. But, I would be super duper happy about it.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I probably should have called the turn. Turns out hes pretty aggressive, bc I open folded AQ and he showed me AJ lol.

Against an unknown I give them more credit than I probably should(AK or two pair, a set, some combo-flush draw). I didn't really put him on AK bc he only raised to $12, where they usually make it like 16-20 w/AK. It felt so weak to fold it on the turn but I guess its pretty close here. I didn't feel like he was slowing down on the river if I called so....

[/ QUOTE ]

Plz don't ever show you are making a big lay down. When you show, you need to have a reason. The only reason to show would be to invite bluffs. But, inviting people to bluff is inviting yourself to have to make difficult decisions. Don't put yourself in this situation.