Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2006, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Another PM possibly relevant to others so posted here

[ QUOTE ]
then i moved the hhf file to the empirepoker/handhistory/username folder and did force import, didn't get anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
Observed .hhf files were never saved to the 'empirepoker/handhistory/username' folder (this is what I was trying to say in the lst post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). They were just saved into the top level folder where EmpirePoker.exe is.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the lightning bolt is the auto-import with the timer and force import, which i was doing in the first place.

then i selected the handhistory/username folder under add folder for empire poker, and i have it set to the .exe file for empire under program file locations.

then i moved the hhf file to the empirepoker/handhistory/username folder and did force import, didn't get anything.

the program is being run from the empirepoker main folder.

the problem is the lightning bolt refers to text files specially not hand history files. that's why i had to do manual import, it's the only thing that lets me select non text files.

ive' also tried auto import party and affiliates which mentions observed hands but also doesn't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't make sense -- the lightning bolt is the auto-import, but within that window there's ANOTHER window that will let you configure your import of observed hands (HHF files) -- sounds to me like you have the "do NOT import observed hands at this time" checkbox checked.

[/ QUOTE ]
Teddy is right here too, to import observed hand histories you have to use the 'other' option screen which he mentions (you point PT at 'partypoker/handhistory/username' for importing your own hands [which is where Party still writes them to], and you also point PT at 'empirepoker/' to import observed hands which FPHG creates [assuming you are running FPHG from within 'empirepoker/').

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PS: Sorry I am not much help when it comes to PT questions bc I don't use it anymore, but I promise the next version of FPHG will have a 'fake' version of empire to hopefully make all this easier for PT users. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2006, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Has the side pot bug caused any problems?

Juk: is there a way to use multiple XP user-accounts to mine more than 10 tables? I have heard that you can run the party application on more than one user account (hence ending up with 2 party app's running)...can you, or someone, give me step by step instructions on how to do this (if it's possible?)
Old 03-25-2006, 09:36 PM

ah, somehow i missed that one, i only knew of the observed hands tab in another menu. got it now, thanks.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:43 AM

Teddy,

Just create a second account, Logoff->Switch User, run party, run FPHG, run iWitness. As long as you run iWitness from the same directory, it'll pickup the other iWitness client running under the first account, and will open different tables. Make sure you increase the total# of tables in your group to 14 or more.

It's usually not practical to run more than 3 clients this way, depending on your CPU speed.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Make sure you increase the total# of tables in your group to 14 or more.

[/ QUOTE ]Or, of course, set the Max# to "-", so there isn't a max at all.
-Sam
Old 03-26-2006, 11:30 AM

Default Re: PHG NLHE hh\'s rake problem

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, is saves the hand histories exactly the same as they used to be.

Juk

[/ QUOTE ]
Juk I love FreePHG and I use both FreePHG and PartyPokerHandTracker but there is a major bug occurring in the writting of accurate hand histories for NLHE games(and I assume any other bigbet game ie PLHE). Both FreePHG and PPHT are having the same problem.

This is the problem the rake averages are not accurate..this is happening becuase in hands where someone goes all-in at some point in the hand..the all-in amount or some variable of that is being counted as the rake ..lol ..not being counted as part of the pot total..this wreaks havoc on many stats:it inflates average rake over any large sample thus making many PokerTracker stats flawed for NLHE study ie the average cost to play the game for all players on average-found at the bottom of PT Summary Tab is now off by almost 50% because average rake is being overstated from this bug by ~50%,player winrates are also effected and other stats I'm sure.

I'm agnostic towards which program to use..all you guys have done great work with this stuff...but the NLHE hh's are being written with this massive bug--this needs to be fixed.

To double check on this I look over a typical days mining of the NLHE games. I scan for players with the most hands and then check the rake on the hands they've played often I'll see $30,$100 even $800 in rake from one hand.

I dont think you can delete individual hands using PokerTrakcer only full sessions for a particular player..so this is a nightmare if accurate stats are your thing.

I'll help out in any way I can just had to let you know..
Old 03-26-2006, 01:38 PM

Hi,

just downloaded it and PT says it is importing hands fine, but when I try and look in my database, I can see none of these hands. Any idea why?
Old 03-26-2006, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

just downloaded it and PT says it is importing hands fine, but when I try and look in my database, I can see none of these hands. Any idea why?

[/ QUOTE ]Are you importing 6max? Did you remember to hit the "import as 6max" tag?
-Sam
Old 03-26-2006, 01:51 PM

Erm, where is that TAG?
Old 03-26-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, is saves the hand histories exactly the same as they used to be.

Juk

[/ QUOTE ]
Juk I love FreePHG and I use both FreePHG and PartyPokerHandTracker but there is a major bug occurring in the writting of accurate hand histories for NLHE games(and I assume any other bigbet game ie PLHE). Both FreePHG and PPHT are having the same problem.

This is the problem the rake averages are not accurate..this is happening becuase in hands where someone goes all-in at some point in the hand..the all-in amount or some variable of that is being counted as the rake ..lol ..not being counted as part of the pot total..this wreaks havoc on many stats:it inflates average rake over any large sample thus making many PokerTracker stats flawed for NLHE study ie the average cost to play the game for all players on average-found at the bottom of PT Summary Tab is now off by almost 50% because average rake is being overstated from this bug by ~50%,player winrates are also effected and other stats I'm sure.

I'm agnostic towards which program to use..all you guys have done great work with this stuff...but the NLHE hh's are being written with this massive bug--this needs to be fixed.

To double check on this I look over a typical days mining of the NLHE games. I scan for players with the most hands and then check the rake on the hands they've played often I'll see $30,$100 even $800 in rake from one hand.

I dont think you can delete individual hands using PokerTrakcer only full sessions for a particular player..so this is a nightmare if accurate stats are your thing.

I'll help out in any way I can just had to let you know..

[/ QUOTE ]
Somebody explained why this was happening before, but I just haven't had time to fix it yet. If you look at the hand histories with the incorrect rake, then they will all be hands which have the end missing (what I called the "side pot bug").

It seem this bug effects NL HHF much more than for limit (something to do with how PT calculates rake I think...).

I will try to fix this tomorrow, and it shouldn't be too hard. One thing you could do to help is send me a few mixed NL HHF files [via PM or email - just paste them in] which have split pots, side pots and combinations of these (they don't come up too often in limit). I can then look through these and work out some better regular expression to match the 'true' end of hand (at the moment I just look for the work 'wins' to terminate a hand).

I also gonna try to fix up FPHG to be a bit more user friendly and possibly (time permitting) have a look how it can be optimized.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]