Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: My Sharkscope stats are off by:
Results, please 5 8.20%
0 % 35 57.38%
1-3 % 13 21.31%
4-6 % 2 3.28%
> 6 % 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 12:03 PM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

[ QUOTE ]
ok so lets assume for the purposes of discussion that their story is true(i dont believe it, bet lets assume it is) isnt the fact that the "rogue programmer" told them about a flaw in their security and they completley ignored it pretty incriminating and disturbing itself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the fact that a rogue programmer told them about these holes and then a ton of evidence came out suggesting that they were being exploited and they ignored it.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Feel free to ignore this Q if you think it might compromise your sources, Adanthar, but do we really have the trail of breadcrumbs leading right to a RESIDENTIAL HOUSE? i've seen sporadic mention of a residential cable modem...

And the residential house belongs to Scott Tom?

[/ QUOTE ]

from a PM in my inbox, who was *not* the original source:

[ QUOTE ]
the IP was 100% scott's house. that is the correct address.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-20-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the lazi employee maybe took the time to tamper with the spreadsheet...

That makes a lot of sense

[/ QUOTE ]

nono, they're trying to blame CrazyMarco/Nat/myself for those IP address lines.

mind you, that fails to answer the question of how we got a random 12 digit number to resolve to an important executive's house when nobody had a clue who that person was a week ago, and/or how I've since got corroboration for that claim from another totally unrelated party (I'm sure Nat has too), but, you know, those crazy Internet hackers are like monkeys and it's so easy even we can do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you made up these ip addresses why have they compensated everyone whose ip was leaked (i.e. kibitzers) $500?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:08 PM

oh yeah and let's not conveniently forget the steamroller email, sent out on July 27'th.

you know, a month earlier, apparently before Scott Tom entirely stopped playing on that account long enough for the geeky hacker to take it over for a few weeks undetected.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Donk monument for Justin West devoted by AlmostEverybody for his article
"Remember When The World Was Flat?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-20-2007, 12:11 PM

SickHands: if I were a vindictive man, I'd strongly encourage you to start a new thread on this

but I'm not, so by no means would I say "Justin West is the biggest clown in this story that didn't step foot in an SAE house"
Old 10-20-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Dan:

I think your questions are legit. Hopefully, the statement from AP will begin the process of answering them. We'll know when we see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason,

The problem with this is you're overlooking the statements AP has already made. They said their exhaustive investigation revealed that seeing hole cards was impossible, and poo-pooed the efforts of so many smart people on your forum who proved that to be a lie.

I certainly hope that any statement contains a mea culpa, a draining of the swamp to clear out the rats, and transparent, verifiable changes in their procedures to make sure it can't happen again. For the sake of legitimacy, poker needs to investigate and punish cheating, not cover it up, or forgive those who do cover it up.

I know you're waiting for the official statement, but how about answering a hypothetical - would you personally be satisfied with any statement that didn't at a minimum acknowledge that they lied in their earlier statement when they said they conducted a thorough investigation and found no cheating?

Given your admirable stance towards the CEO Poker Tour and other poker issues, your willingness to give AP the benefit of the doubt is puzzling when they've had a month to come clean, but instead issued public denials of cheating, and tried to marginalize or discredit the work of the 2+2 sleuths who proved the cheating.

Carl.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw the gambling911 article makes me want to hammer them on the likely whistleblower angle a lot more than if they'd just shut up

[/ QUOTE ]

That is one of the most disturbing articles I've read on the issue yet. I guess those [censored] wanna burn with em?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Donk monument for Justin West devoted by AlmostEverybody for his article
"Remember When The World Was Flat?"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OMFG Awesome!!
Old 10-20-2007, 12:20 PM

So everyone is anticipating Absolute's official announcement. But isn't there another announcement to come that should be as important as Absolutes. That being the findings of the respected Australian auditng company that has apparantly been hired to audit the situation. I would be very suprised if Absolute announces anything until the audit is complete.
I ask this question. Is this audit mentioned in the Kahnawake announcement actually taking place?
Closed Thread