Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Hand from Borgata WPT

Zee,

Without reading the numerous other responses, I believe IMHO the tip off is the 2 chip "call" Your bet of 1,300 cannot be duplicated with only 2 chips unless villian meant to use a 1K and 500. Hesitating and then saying call completes the angle shoot. He wanted 6K in the pot when only 3,100 was in to start with.

I'm not sure I'd have caught it at the time, but a clear fold as soon as the floor completed their ruling.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:29 PM

Preflop:
Raise to 400, call any reraise less than 2k, fold to a shove/ massive reraise.

Flop:
For god's sake, you're first to act 3 handed, bet out a PSB. If anyone is open betting that flop they will call or raise you. No point in going for a C/R on that flop.
Since you checked, any straights/flushes and maybe an A or K make you hand to bluff, and you may already be beat.

Turn
You must call this in any tourney. 2:1 on the call, pot will be 14k on river. If ahead, you have 81%-91% equity, if behind, you have 2% to 9% equity. To call turn profitably when behind you need to get 3500 from him on the river. Most hands that have gotten this far will call at least that much (I'd bet he'd call at least 3500 w AQ/J from your read on him). Call turn.

River:
Bet 6k on ANY RIVER. Even if an A or K comes, bet it. Fold to any raise (which would be an all in), except with quads.

AA, KK, AK, AJ, QQ, TT, QJs are the only hands he could have based on action. I'd bet poker stove says you're ahead of that range. Since you'd still have a about 160bb stack or more if you went all in and lost, you need to bet here 100%, even if you are turning your hand into a bluff.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, after reading the whole thread i'm not so sure i like the original post now. Seeing as 'the key' basically came down to figuring out his hand range and what he does with the hands in that range, which is, ya know, that thing we do all the time and should hardly be called a key to the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think the correct line of logic is a bit counter intuitive.

Obviously a lot of people are unhappy with this thread.

But looking at the long list of great posters that said call, I still think there is a lot more depth to the hand than most people are giving it credit for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Justin:

I, and few others including Daut, said call, but don't put any more money in the pot, because we don't think Villain is betting the river with a hand we can beat. I think AKss is squarely in his range here. The typical live AC tourney player (and being from NJ I've played a lot of tourneys here) loves to slow play. They will slow play top pair, top 2, sets, overpairs, anything. If you ever play a big hand fast, people get this puzzled look on their faces like, "What an idiot, I can't believe he didn't put on an act and slow play that hand." You are ruling out AK because you think Villain would have bet the flop, I think it is unlikely that a villain fitting this profile would, and certainly not impossible or highly unlikely that he would not.

Edit: I completely agree with your preflop and flop lines, which means you may want to rethink them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this whole thread reminds me of the
scene in half baked where jim Breuer
is trying to explain how killer really died.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you ever folded a set of 8's to an angleshooter?
have you ever folded a set of 8's to an angleshooter on weed man?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Justin why are you ignoring my questions on how you misplayed PF and were going to misplay the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I already said this in the other thread.

Didn't want to raise preflop and build a pot out of position against a tricky laggro armenian who is
A) likely to limp-reraise with big hands
B) likely to limp reraise with trash hands
C) somewhat unlikely to fold preflop
D) even more unlikely to fold to a single bet on the flop if he sees it, unless maybe the flop is ace high
E) my implied odds against him are insane, and he is the type of guy that can go broke with 1 pair in a limped pot. Actually, I got all his chips in a HUGE pot when I had one pair later on. I did some crazy reverse tell [censored] on him and got him to reraise me big when I had AA. I think he 4 bet me with JTo.

Postflop: I want to play the hand in a way that I can get away from it. Underepping my hand and 3 betting when he raises my lead out makes it really hard to play. I virtually will never go broke there check raising unless it's against the Armenian which I'm fine with.

C/c c/c c/c has been suggested. I just don't get enough from the BB's one pair hands when I do that. There's also a good chance he'll underbet the pot and I'll really lose value, but still will have a tough time check raising, or overbet the pot bigtime, and I'll have a tough time getting away.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:28 PM

But duuddeee you have 300BBs. You can outplay Armenian person 99% of the time because you're ZeeJustin.

Or you have 200BBs. I don't know. EITHER WAY.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:41 PM

TT, he raised pre but was not that happy about it
AKx flop woo scary i check
sweet turn!.. oh wait this kid bets into me? one person behind and either could have QJ? ill keep the pot small and hope to fill up on river, or bet if checked to

no angleshoot imo but this prob way off
Old 10-03-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But duuddeee you have 300BBs. You can outplay Armenian person 99% of the time because you're ZeeJustin.

Or you have 200BBs. I don't know. EITHER WAY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. And you outplay guys that will stack off easily against you by waiting for huge hands.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:09 PM

a) pleeeeeease let the flaming stop
b) I think its a mega leak by you guys to want to raise 88 here oop against given opponent, shaun and luke, contact me on aim if you really want me to rant on it, but I feel it should be obvious AT LEAST under the whole "never bloat a pot when 200 bb or more OOP" guideline
Old 10-03-2007, 03:23 PM

which reverse tell did he fall for in the aa hand?