Old 07-29-2007, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Prop bet thread

5m is a lot. u think u can beat serena?
Old 07-29-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5m is a lot. u think u can beat serena?

[/ QUOTE ]

McEnroe has said that he could beat Serena (or both of the Williams sisters or something). I assume Rainey considers it a lock, although that seems crazy.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:15 AM

Victor: "unfortunately, this bet will never go down" I am doing my best to see if I can find people to round up 7 guys for me in Seattle or Portland. Based on my experience playing D1 girls, I like the guy's side A LOT.

shaniac: I was a low high school tennis player (like #7) and in college regularly played a state champion D1 full scholarship girl. I always won. I like Nick's side, though I think it would be interesting against Serena and others of that caliber.

All: Re: basketball. Take a 6'3, 230lb built playground player with good skills. How do you think the top WNBA players stack up against him?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All: Re: basketball. Take a 6'3, 230lb built playground player with good skills. How do you think the top WNBA players stack up against him?

[/ QUOTE ]

dude - i am 5 10 white guy and have played with a number of wnbaers and did whatever i wanted to.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Victor: "unfortunately, this bet will never go down" I am doing my best to see if I can find people to round up 7 guys for me in Seattle or Portland. Based on my experience playing D1 girls, I like the guy's side A LOT.

shaniac: I was a low high school tennis player (like #7) and in college regularly played a state champion D1 full scholarship girl. I always won. I like Nick's side, though I think it would be interesting against Serena and others of that caliber.

[/ QUOTE ]

i played college tennis, and let me tell you. Nick (or any former top 50 college player whos <25) is an absolute lock to win. No chance.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
about 6 months ago huck seed was offering a 50k prop bet that he could beat ANY woman in the world one-on-one. not sure if it's still standing.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i played college tennis, and let me tell you. Nick (or any former top 50 college player whos <25) is an absolute lock to win. No chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tennis: Top 50 male NCAA player > Best Female Tenns player EVAR

Basketball: you'd have to go to 3 on 5 to make it close

Soccer: I actually think this is the closest sport for this. Especially if you make it 7 on 11. The girls should be able to work the guys to death if they can keep the ball moving.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:31 AM

My twelve and under premier soccer team beat the 16 and under state champs in Washington. Their coach stopped it at half time because it was just embarrasing.

I think Golf is the closest.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:38 AM

the nick rainey thing is the most interesting so far in this thread for me. the numbers i have seen regularly thrown around in the past (to be taken with a pinch of salt) were that the top ~300 guys could beat the #1 woman and that after that it started to get close.

but now i think about it it seems like it would have to be way more, because i doubt the 300th guy is "that much" better than the 3000th guy. and he is obviously very confident. this is one i would love to see.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My twelve and under premier soccer team beat the 16 and under state champs in Washington. Their coach stopped it at half time because it was just embarrasing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since this thread doesn't have enough of these anecdotes...

I heard from an assistant coach of the Women's national soccer team in the late 90s that they used to scrimmage U16 select teams in southern California and the games would be close, but the U16 guys would usually win. So the best female players in the US are on the same level as the better 15 year old club players.

On a basketball note, I know a guy who reportedly played the entire varsity HS women's basketball team 5v1 on a prop bet. He won straight up.

Looks unlikely I will be getting action now. So close too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]