Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: June Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
tonight I experienced something new, I was literally sick to my stomach, I'm not even kidding, I did actually get nauseous, can't think of anything strange I ate, so it must have been caused by the excessive ass raping I experienced

I so desperately wanted to stab one of those monkeys it's insane

I actually managed to hit 1 draw the entire evening, which obv was in a tiny HU pot where opp was all in on the turn

luckily I'm on a forced break from poker bc I'm gonna get properly wasted, and some, the next 4 days, god I'm gonna redefine the definition of wasted

still [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] pkr tho

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Im on a similar run and I can barely bring myself to open up Stars. I am beyond tilt at this point. I am in a trance where 2 and 3 outers are so routine that the do not even bother me anymore.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tonight I experienced something new, I was literally sick to my stomach, I'm not even kidding, I did actually get nauseous, can't think of anything strange I ate, so it must have been caused by the excessive ass raping I experienced

I so desperately wanted to stab one of those monkeys it's insane

I actually managed to hit 1 draw the entire evening, which obv was in a tiny HU pot where opp was all in on the turn

luckily I'm on a forced break from poker bc I'm gonna get properly wasted, and some, the next 4 days, god I'm gonna redefine the definition of wasted

still [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] pkr tho

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Im on a similar run and I can barely bring myself to open up Stars. I am beyond tilt at this point. I am in a trance where 2 and 3 outers are so routine that the do not even bother me anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too! haaha. Is it sick that I delight in others' misery because of my own? Naaahhhh...
Old 06-27-2007, 11:55 PM

life tilt
Old 06-28-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Oh and PJ, bet raising a guy with a gutshot when he has trip 10s is a bad move. Nice playing with you
--Pete Sampras

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew it!

OK, a fun hand story that Sailboats is referring to:

A drunken LAG sits down at the table and on his first hand he checkraises the flop and leads the turn (on a 79TJ board) with 75o. River is Q and it goes check-check and the guy with QJ looks insulted.

My turn. The LAG is still chatting it up with everyone, making the table know he's the new captain, and tipping the dealers $10 saying "get yourself a new pair of shoes... from Payless."

An idiot raises first in from the HJ and I 3-bet behind him with KQ from the CO. Drunken LAG calls 3 from OOP in the blinds. The three of us take a flop of ATx which rocks for me because I obviously have the best hand. Checked to me, I bet, both call.

Turn is another T putting a club draw out there, checked to me and I bet and LAG c/r, HJ folds, and it's to me. After his previous play I know his range is much wider than a T here, and I know he can't have an A given his flop play and the way he called PF. I decide he just knows I don't have a T, probably just an A, and wants to get me out.

If a K, Q, or J comes on the river I'm probably best and I might get a value raise in. If an A or club comes I can try to bluff at it. Plus now the pot is offering me 9:1 to call the turn c/r. Since I need 11:1 just for the J, but knowing I have 6 more likely outs, it's an easy call.

The river of course is a J and he bets and I raise and he calls and I show and he flashes a T and starts whining for 20 minutes.

Then Sailboats looks at me like I'm insane.

And the LAG thinks I'm a chasin' addict (his words) because all I do is chase chase chase. Funny, because the table had been commenting on my play for the first hour before LAG showed up. Right when I sat down I picked up some monsters and played them well and won a rack in the first 15 minutes (99>88, QQ UI, AK>T9o, etc). Then I folded for an hour and everyone mentioned how I was solid as a rock. I got caught bluffing once with 8-high (took a stab on the turn, gave up) and then everyone decided I would never bluff again after that (of course I did bluff twice more). So my image was amazingly solid to them, but to the LAG I was a maniac. Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nh you maniac. You played well and were also running well. I on the other hand was getting called down with A high, because most people think im some punk aggro kid(which is kinda of true). I grinded it out till the morning and finally made some money back, it only took me 9 hours. Sorry if i did not respond to much to when you were talking strategy with me. I hate talking strategy at the table because it tends to cause the table to play better.

Oh and how did you do after that table change? I tried to warn you not to change to that table. When I looked over it had a bunch of decent/solid players. There is this one young asian guy that is actually quite good, maybe 2+2. How did you do?
Old 06-28-2007, 06:52 AM

Poker is getting more boring with each session. Get to the room of gambol at about 6:30 and sit in a reasonable enough 40 game. I incinerate 2 racks with very little effort, I don't even remember how, I just remember that I was soon down to a few stacks of chips so I bought a bunch more and was in for 4 racks really fast. Then this huge fish that has been playing lately comes in. Play for a while grinding back to +/- a bit, huge fish leaves big winner as she has like every single time I've seen her of course.

Get shorthanded for a while with LT who is playing even worse today than yesterday, so she is either on life tilt or is just a horrific shorthanded player (I think both), Lee, Roc, Mike L and me. Get up about a rack but then donate it back with a little interest before LT goes BUSTO, Lee doesn't want to play 4 handed with Roc/Mike L/me. Roc and Mike don't want to play 3 handed and Roc doesn't want to play HU so here I am to report an incredibly boring $330 loss, made even more uninteresting by like a $500 win online in a few minutes while watching TV, leaving me a big $170 winner on the day. At least I can afford groceries now.

Overall I was happy with how I played except 1 hand against Roc which for some reason just infuriated me for the mistake I feel I made. I'm tired so I might be a bit off, but basically 4 handed I raise AK, he calls in one of the blinds and it's HU. He c/c the T85r flop. Check/check J flush draw turn. Then river is a J, he checks AND THEN I CHECK THE [censored] NUTS. It might not seem like a big deal to you to take a showdown here but I honestly think checking here is pretty close to checking behind quads. Not only do I think he's paying me off with an A or maybe even K, I think if he has something else unshowdownable he is likely to c/r me. What is basically a certainty is that I've got the best hand. Value c/r is of course in his arsenal but not the way this hand played out.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh and how did you do after that table change? I tried to warn you not to change to that table. When I looked over it had a bunch of decent/solid players. There is this one young asian guy that is actually quite good, maybe 2+2. How did you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

That kid is good but there were a couple fish I wanted to stomp. I broke even at that table and then it broke, so I moved over to a third table. I promptly lost 600 there to a ridiculous series of beats (the best was a guy who bet/called a QT6 flop with AK, then bet/called my raise on the 6 turn, then rivered an A to defeat my JJ).

But then I stuck it out and won it all back, so I made a decent 15 BB profit for the night.

I wasn't really talking much strategy at the table. The KQ hand was the only one I mentioned there because you knew what was going on so it couldn't hurt to say it to you; besides nobody else was listening and it's not like I said anything after the huge whale cold-called 3 PF with T9o vs. my AK, just called my bets on the KT9 flop and turn, then cry-called the K river and told me how lucky I got.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:08 PM

DONT TALK ABOUT POKAR!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 03:49 PM

I like this blog. HOWMANY is really doing a good job with it. Wait....
Old 06-28-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Supa-Professional

From the 50K HORSE

"David Singer
(Hold'em) David Singer has the button in seat 4 at the ESPN Table, he raises to 80,000, and Tran calls from the small blind. The flop comes , Tran checks, Singer bets 40,000, and Tran calls. The turn card is the , Tran bets 80,000, and Singer calls. The river card is the , and both players check. Tran shows for king high, and Singer shows J-4 for a pair of fours. David Singer takes the pot."

???? WTF with just calling in the SB there? Am I missing some sort of supa prfoessional strategy?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Supa-Professional

Apparently i am going vegas this weekend(fri-Sun). Where is the best place to mid-limit holdem!?! Hurry i need an answer i am leaving in 12~ hours. Will wearing a Commerce hat increase my action!?!
Closed Thread