Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Pro Bowl WEST - buy league Edge?
Yes, buy it for the whole league for $99 4 50.00%
No, don't buy it 2 25.00%
I'm not in this league / just show me the results 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, June, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
I'm running so bad at the series that I might actually die the next time I sit at a table.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really admire u guys grinding down in the desert this month. The series has never been a lot of fun for me and always quite stressful. I hope you guys can find a way to enjoy it. I wish i could be there this year but I'll have to wait till '08. By then I'll have the FPPs to buy in to 2-3 events directly.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:31 PM

brag: I have a biggest fan.

From http://plan3tgongpoker.blogspot.com/ - check out the May 30 entry.

[ QUOTE ]
The worst of 2+2 is personified by one person - Wiggs73 - if there ever were a clearer case of ego out-weighing intellect then I have yet to see it. This guy 'moderates' the 1-Table tournament section, at the same time as admitting he does not play SNGs he feels the need to add his innane comments again and again. He stifles contribution by newer players - adds the websites of his friends to the FAQ and generally comes across as a low IQ guy with a very inflated opinion of himself... come on Mason Malmuth - your forum would be a much better place without him.

Do not mean to come across too negatively about all this - there are many excellent posts to be found at 2+2 despite the moderation shortcomings... what really gets me here is the missed opportunity - without Wiggs73 the SNG forum could become a great place to hang out once again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-04-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The worst of 2+2 is personified by one person - Wiggs73 - if there ever were a clearer case of ego out-weighing intellect then I have yet to see it. This guy 'moderates' the 1-Table tournament section, at the same time as admitting he does not play SNGs he feels the need to add his innane comments again and again. He stifles contribution by newer players - adds the websites of his friends to the FAQ and generally comes across as a low IQ guy with a very inflated opinion of himself... come on Mason Malmuth - your forum would be a much better place without him.

Do not mean to come across too negatively about all this - there are many excellent posts to be found at 2+2 despite the moderation shortcomings... what really gets me here is the missed opportunity - without Wiggs73 the SNG forum could become a great place to hang out once again.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean, you definitely do have a low IQ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
but the part of stifling contribution from new players..... well...... thats something we all do
Old 06-04-2007, 03:44 PM

LOL you certainly don't stifle discussion. Besides noobs need to be put in their place when it is obvious that they haven't read the FAQ.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to know what post you locked that got this dude all in a bunch. Hey "Mark" if you're reading this, and I bet you are, why not come out and discuss it? I read your blog, looking for some cheap shots to take, or possibly clues to figure out which of your post(s) Wiggs locked.

But apart from you mentioning your IQ, I couldn't find really find anything to jump on. And to be honest, except for that and your out-of-place diatribe against Wiggs, you seem like a thoughtful player who's doing his best to share what he knows. Which is the exact spirit of 2p2 and STTF. Really.

Wiggs has been a very mellow, solid mod IMO. Inflated ego is about the last thing I would associate with him. I can't imagine how you'd have reacted to dealing with Citanul. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

So anyway, why not come on here and we'll work this thing out? Should be entertaining. STTF really isn't that cliquish, you just have to do something to distinguish yourself from the drooling masses (no offense drooling masses). But it's really not that hard if you put some effort into it. Anybody who can figure out how to be good at poker should be able to figure out how to have fun with STTF.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:31 PM

Well it's POSSIBLE that he doesn't get that most of the stuff said in this thread is nothing more than busting balls. IF that were true then MAYBE he thinks Wiggs is just being rude rather than funny.

HOWEVER, Wiggs is by no means the worst of the ball busters in this thread.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:35 PM

"I'd like to know what post you locked that got this dude all in a bunch."

Actually I've never locked one of his posts, haha. Whatev. Dude's entitled to his opinion, even if his opinion is that I'm the worst of 2+2 personified in one person.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:35 PM

I have a feeling it was some noobish post or posts that were locked. Just a hunch.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:36 PM

Oh, yeah I guess it could have been someone else's post that I locked... who knows?
Old 06-04-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Technically you did say worst, and being able to drop the same amount of money in 1/4 of the games is much worse. Agreed on the other guy being the dumbest tho. I wonder at what point he'll realize he just might not be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

donno, I stuck with false hope in hu sng's for 360 of em before deciding that I really do suck at them. And to be honest, even after dumping 2k on the damn things, I'm still kinda convinced in the back of my mind I just ran really, really, really bad. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lacky-
What's your downswing rotation? I go SNGs, 6-Max Cash, Ring Cash, HU SNGs, Omaha, back to SNGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, actual lmao, as we have history on this topic.

rotation has been:

edit-so no one feels sorry for me- jan and feb were +$53K from mtt's

-$20k in mtt's in march

april was spent alternating between full buying 6max cash (i suck, always have, as I lack the ability to fold, always have, 16k hands, -2.3 bb/100 at 1/2) and shortbuying using a new limping stratagy that was promasing but didn't do as well as expected ( 1 bb/100 over 55k hands at 2/4.)

May I decided I was all about 6 max limit. but at .1 bb/100 after 30k hands, I'm probably wrong. so, then I decided that hu sng's would be an ideal way to make money, time wise, interest, etc. played 360, mostly $57 turbos, at -13% roi before I was truely convenced that for whatever reason I wasnt getting it. I really think I had it figured out right for the last portion of the run, but I ran like [censored] and finally lost any desire to continue. as I side note, I thought it was pretty interesting how many regulars looked up my sharkscoop stats at them and then ridiculed me at the table as we played. When I have a donator, I generally take a diferent route, meh.

so, I'm finally here, back in the alamo, playing 109 and 55 regulars. 300 played so far at 9.6%. for the forseable future, I will be there or shortbuying, playing the sundays warmup and mill using fpp's, and a few other multies with cash till I hit in one or build enough bankroll back up to play them alot again. mtt's drive me nuts, but i also have a 60%+ roi at em after 2300+ played at ave buyin of $146, so whether they drive me nuts or not, I cant afford not to play them again after a break/rebuild.

for now though, I'm quite happy playing a game where I really don't give a [censored] if I bubble, get AA cracked, etc. I just start another.

I'n a perfect world, I will play multies 2 or 3 days a week, play something else the rest. In reality though, my hourly rate and swings in mtt's dwarf everything else I do that when I go back to them it may be full time again, as anything else is hard to justify. So, I will be happy grinding sng's for now, hoping to run steading.
Closed Thread