Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2006 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Award?
Billy Donovan 1 1.67%
Vince Young 2 3.33%
Italy's WC Team 1 1.67%
Bill Cowher 0 0%
Roger Federer 11 18.33%
Dwayne Wade 5 8.33%
Tony La Russa 1 1.67%
Paul Tagliabue 2 3.33%
George Mason men's bb team 4 6.67%
Tiger Woods 28 46.67%
"Game of Shadows" writers 3 5.00%
Other 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2007, 05:01 AM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

firstly to cam, the well is where you stay online and open a post where people can ask you a laod of questions. a lot of the big name players (aba20, gp etc) have done one and usually get asked about poker story, hands, advice on limits and other random stuff.

secondly i've just moved up to 200nl full ring. i prefer to have 30 buyins plus for 6 max and so when moving up stakes tend to start at the full ring then move back to 6 max.

what br do most people have for full ring and what are the biggest swings that you tend to get? also my stats are evening out at around 17/12 on pt and wonder if anyhabits from 6 max have followed me to full ring that are going to kill my bottom line.

thanks for your help
Old 07-05-2007, 07:04 AM

im getting raped for fun today. didnt think there would be this much variance/outdraws at full ring....
Old 07-05-2007, 12:07 PM

yeah i did win the mil nearly a year back. i was and am rolled to play as high as 25 50 but i recently took my egocock out of the equation.

a big winner at 1/2 can make more than a breakeven player at 5/10. i'm content with 12ing 1/2 because for the first time i can sit down in a poker game and treat it as a job (due to the lack of variance.) i've established a winrate and really - i get what i put in. if i play X amount of hours I AM going to make X amount of dollars. i can't say that for these tough, tough 6max games where'd i'd be competing with players of equal or greater skill.

there's so much more to being a pro poker player than poker skill. that is something that has taken me three years of heartbreak and frustration to finally overcome.

but i should save this stuff for the well : ) i'm going to be busy today and friday but i will do it saturday afternoon. should be fun

cam
Old 07-07-2007, 03:32 PM

Cam (CCUUURSE) has a pretty unique style of play for a multi-tabler. He actually "plays poker" as opposed to a more common robotic style of play.

He's a very good player, despite the fact that he's f*cked me more than once with some "dubious" play. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I actually enjoy playing with him, although given the choice I'd prefer a fish in the seat.

Like he says, it's possible to make a lot of money multi-tabling at $1/$2 without the stress from playing higher stakes. Variance is low with a pretty consistent hourly rate (over the course of a month.) I think the main problem is maintaining your interest and concentration.

-Narena.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:14 PM

Thanks Narena, I don't respect too many of the 1 2 regs but I think you play pretty solid game.

looool that 87 verse KK on K596 was siiickkk but it's your fault because you minraise so much. if you made it anymore than a minraise I muck

minraise = gay as hell
Old 07-07-2007, 05:38 PM

Narena and CCUUURRSE:

It is interesting to see how different you are. You both are good winning players, but your styles are SOOOOO different!

I should probably loose my game a little bit... and stop tilting! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2007, 05:40 PM

Oh! By the way, HOW can you play 12 tables playing LAG on a 15 inches monitor? OMG!
Old 07-07-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Narena, I don't respect too many of the 1 2 regs but I think you play pretty solid game.

looool that 87 verse KK on K596 was siiickkk but it's your fault because you minraise so much. if you made it anymore than a minraise I muck

minraise = gay as hell

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If I remember correctly, it was a $15 min raise ($30 total) into a $35 pot with my flopped nuts against your pre-flop raise.

87 is the only hand that <u>possibly</u> had the odds to call that flop bet. It's approx 15/1 to hit your gutshot AND board not to pair on river. (Your implied odds were around 18/1 AND that assumes I have a hand that pays you if you do hit!)

I'm 92% - 100% against any hand by the river, and so want to invite a call/induce a bluff. I'm happy to risk giving "even money" odds to the only possible (yet still very unlikely) hand that I'm vunerable to!

I think a min raise in that situation (obviously not knowing you have a gutshot) is going to pay off a significant amount more long-term than any larger raise, given the range of your holdings.

It was a sick hand though.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:16 PM

i'm not attacking your play

you can sit there and justify your play with all these implied odds and pot odds calculations and it wasn't poorly played.

all i'm saying is minraises are gay.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:17 PM

hehe Jphil you have been giving me some trouble. you too are a rare one in these games, i think you play a decent game, especially for a part timer!

i don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about me only one monitoring. it's the way i've been doing it since the beginning and it's worked this whole time.

if you wanna spend all sorts of money on five huge monitors go ahead but this works for me.