Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 06:07 AM

Default Re: Stars 25-50 Shortstackers

lol @ Daut.

1. you're a nit. sorry if it pains you so much to call those massive 20 BB shoves.

2. it's not unethical. they're playing within the rules and it's a perfectly viable strategy. just because you have a problem with it doesn't make it unethical.

3. if you really wanted to play deep stack poker you'd be petitioning for deep stacked games, not simply raising the min buy-in from 20 BB to 40 BB. your inner nit cringes at the thought of regularly being put to 200-300 BB decisions so you're instead going after raising the min buy-in at the current 100 BB capped games.

If anyone is being unethical, it's not the short stackers. The short stackers did not make the 20BB rule and are playing within their rights. On the other hand, you people are trying to get the rules changed to force others to play a game you're more comfortable playing. You all are trying to push for an edge and it kills you that someone playing a short stack can negate it. When it comes down to it this has nothing to do with ethics so quit trying to argue under that premise. This entire debate is simply the better players trying to make the game more suitable for themselves. That is perfectly understandable, but call it what it is.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bkholdem- Do you think there should be a minimum buyin at all? If so, why?

If we can agree that a minimum buyin should exist at all, then we should easily be able to agree that 20bbs is not an optimal minimum buyin for a pokergame that has 100bbs as a max.

The argument here should not be whether shortstackers are scum, unethical, or diseased human beings, but what is best for online poker and the current state of the games.

Just remember, less fun = less fish.

I don't think people are wrong for exploiting a weak game structure, but that doesn't mean the weak game structure shouldn't be improved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just look at the games out there and decide if I can beat them and how to go about doing so. I don't think in terms of trying to convince a site about how to structure a game that is best for me/us. I'm not a marketing guy. If I was, or thought that I could make a difference in that area, I would be looking at how to bring the most clueless action gambling types to the sites.

I shortstack bigger games and play deeper in smaller games. When I play deeper in smaller games I don't fret about the small stacks unless the table is overrun by them.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:37 PM

Don't you agree that in general less money on the tables = bad?

If stars had a minimum buyin for their 25/50 game of 25$, would that be ok?
Old 03-11-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the party shortstackers would shove with any two when the CO or button raised. so thats what im basing nitty off of. the party shortstackers crushed those games right?

[/ QUOTE ]

the party shortstackers crushed those games.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:12 PM

bk,
if you are rolled for 1knl you are NOT rolled for shortstacking 25/50nl. This comment was the sillest of your string of silly comments. That is all.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bk,
if you are rolled for 1knl you are NOT rolled for shortstacking 25/50nl. This comment was the sillest of your string of silly comments. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose that would depend on your idea of what a sufficient roll for 1knl is, would it not?

In any event my post about that was meant to be more of a general message that people can shortstack games above those they are 'rolled for' due to the short buy in.

And my comment is no more silly than the comments from people comparing an optimal win rate to a shortstackers win rate.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:08 AM

the games are half shortstackers now.. great. we should boycott for a few days or something. customer support is too retarded for me to deal with. the player pool isnt that big so it could be organized

-Mike
Old 03-12-2007, 12:45 AM

thanks empire for starting this thread. immediate increase in # of SSers
Old 03-12-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the party shortstackers would shove with any two when the CO or button raised. so thats what im basing nitty off of. the party shortstackers crushed those games right?

[/ QUOTE ]

the party shortstackers crushed those games.

[/ QUOTE ]holla
Old 03-12-2007, 02:04 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

[ QUOTE ]
thanks empire for starting this thread. immediate increase in # of SSers

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm gonna say it again

someone lock this thread, starting it was stupid enough, keeping it on the top of the forum all the SSNL donkeys jerk off to is even worse

edit: i've recieved dozens of PM's in the past few weeks with retards asking me to teach them how to shortstack, this thread is a real problem.