Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 09:13 AM

Default Re: On Changing your Life

Thanks for the input seigfriedetc.

I've enjoyed this thread a lot, thank you for posting it adsman. I've done a few unusual things on a whim, but not quite on this scale. Never hurts to read an inspirational story, it's great to see what other people have done with their chances
Old 07-17-2007, 10:58 AM

What the feck?
Old 07-17-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One more thing for adsman, how far are you from Milan? I'm currently in Luzern (CH), which is about 2.5 hrs from Milan, and I make it there reasonably often. Definitely up for a rafting trip sometime and definitely up for checking out your club.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm about 3.5 hours from Milan. 2 hours to Verona and from there it's just under 2 hours up to me in Trentino. Drop me a PM if you want directions. I'm more than happy to meet fellow 2+2ers. Apart from SeigfriedandRoy of course. WTF??
Old 07-17-2007, 04:00 PM

Ditto what the others have posted adsman.

Not only is your story interesting, you tell it with great imagery. I can see you blowing by the cop in my mind's eye clear as day.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:33 PM

I read this end to end just now and I second (or, rather, ten to the second) the opinion of others that it is an amazing and well-written story. Thanks.

I've known a few people like you in my life. The thing is, you make living this way seem so easy. I don't mean that your story makes it seem as if you did easy things (quite the opposite). Rather, you just come off as having a natural inclination to do and say the right thing at the right time. Most people, including me, just wouldn't have the natural instincts to survive and excel in these circumstances, though I think everyone wants to believe they could if only they had the willpower. For every person like you who says or does just the right thing to avoid incurring the wrath of the Ugandan mob, there are so many others hacked to death.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:00 AM

jack, I disagree. A lot of people just need a kickstart to get their ass in gear. When I travelled around South America last year I met quite a few people that were yearning to get away. Off the beaten path and all that yada yada. They were just lacking the confidence. All they needed was someone to show them how easy it really is.

adsman, I never posted how much I enjoyed this thread. Our stories are similar in some ways up to this point in my life. I hope to have as many stories and be as good a writer when I'm your age.

For those interested, I wrote this post about my life for a couple of even younger guys in the SSNL forum. I'm slightly embarrassed to be giving life advice at 22, though.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:49 AM

Just started reading this forum and HOLY what an unbelievable story BATMAN!!! thanks for taking the time to share it adsman. took me a few days to finish it but was well worth it. I've been brewing some ideas around in my head for what to do after school. I'm currently going into my 5th year for an economics degree and have absolutely no idea what I want to do with that, but I definitely know I want to take advantage of my youth while I have it. Travel, maybe sign up for the Peace Corps, something.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and let you know you've gotten me a little more focused as far as my post collegiate plans go.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:06 AM

Really enjoyed reading your thread. Seems like you really take things as they come. Good to know its all worked out for you.