Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is your main game?
HU NL 1 3.23%
6 Max NL 22 70.97%
10 Max NL 7 22.58%
Other, specify 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2006, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Post the easiest question that 20%+ of 2+2ers will answer wrong(po

In regards to the Greek vs Roman Empire. Obviously the rise of Greek Civilization predated that of the Romans, but where they ever an actual Empire or a number of smaller city-states, some of which commanded more power than their neighbors at various points in time. Or you could claim that Alexander the Great controlled the Greek Empire, and yet he was Macedonian. Furthermore, the Byzantine Empire is commonly referred to as the Greek Empire in some circles, and clearly came after the Roman Empire.
I feel this question could be clarified by using the term Civilization rather than Empire. Or am I just being a huge nit here, who is vulnerable to being outnitted by someone else down the line?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How fast do you have to drive the second lap of a one mile circle to average 60 mph if you drove the first lap at 30mph?

[/ QUOTE ]
I love this question. It's so stupid and so simple, but so many people get it wrong (11/18 right now). I think this is the very essence of the OP and it gets my vote.

[/ QUOTE ]
jschaud's question FTW, in a walk. I was shocked when I looked at the results.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In regards to the Greek vs Roman Empire. Obviously the rise of Greek Civilization predated that of the Romans, but where they ever an actual Empire or a number of smaller city-states, some of which commanded more power than their neighbors at various points in time. Or you could claim that Alexander the Great controlled the Greek Empire, and yet he was Macedonian. Furthermore, the Byzantine Empire is commonly referred to as the Greek Empire in some circles, and clearly came after the Roman Empire.
I feel this question could be clarified by using the term Civilization rather than Empire. Or am I just being a huge nit here, who is vulnerable to being outnitted by someone else down the line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously it's a dumb question because you actually had to pay attention in History class to even have a clue. I bet 50%+ of 2+2ers didn't pay very much attention in History or for that matter, 99%+ have never had a reason to need to know such a fact.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Post the easiest question that 20%+ of 2+2ers will answer wrong(polls)

I suspect you could ask just about any question and if people didn't cheat, 20% or more would get it wrong.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The square root of a number CANNOT be both positive and negative. If it could, why would the quadratic equation contain "-b + or - the SQRT". It would be redundant to state "+ or -" if a SQRT could be both at the same time!

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's a simple equation: x*x - 4 = 0
I hope you'll agree that an x of -2 and +2 both satisfy the equation. Let's solve it for x:
x*x - 4 = 0
x*x = 4
x = sqrt(4)

Are you telling me that -2 isn't a solution anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

x^2 = 4 does NOT become x = sqrt(4) .
It becomes +-(sqrt(4)).

Stop arguing, because you're wrong. A square root cannot be negative.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's really not that difficult
Old 12-19-2006, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How fast do you have to drive the second lap of a one mile circle to average 60 mph if you drove the first lap at 30mph?

[/ QUOTE ]
I love this question. It's so stupid and so simple, but so many people get it wrong (11/18 right now). I think this is the very essence of the OP and it gets my vote.

[/ QUOTE ]
jschaud's question FTW, in a walk. I was shocked when I looked at the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. I too am shocked at how many people are getting this wrong. We have people arguing over cosines and squareroots, yet over half of the people are unable to understand this relatively simple math problem.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The square root of a number CANNOT be both positive and negative. If it could, why would the quadratic equation contain "-b + or - the SQRT". It would be redundant to state "+ or -" if a SQRT could be both at the same time!

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's a simple equation: x*x - 4 = 0
I hope you'll agree that an x of -2 and +2 both satisfy the equation. Let's solve it for x:
x*x - 4 = 0
x*x = 4
x = sqrt(4)

Are you telling me that -2 isn't a solution anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

x^2 = 4 does NOT become x = sqrt(4) .
It becomes +-(sqrt(4)).

Stop arguing, because you're wrong. A square root cannot be negative.

[/ QUOTE ]

give it up bro, you're 100% wrong here.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:48 PM

Old 12-19-2006, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
since when do you reach first on a balk?

[/ QUOTE ]

no one on base, 3 balls and the pitcher balks. hitter takes the base.

[/ QUOTE ]

how the F does a pitcher balk with no one on base? why is he pitching from the stretch and/or checking the non-existent runners? i've never heard of a balk without a base runner

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, kind of unusual for it to happen but it does on occasion. and as you alluded to your post, a pitcher doesnt have to use the stretch only when runners are on. and the stretch is going to be the more likely culprit for a balk.

(d) If the pitcher makes an illegal pitch with the bases unoccupied, it shall be called a ball unless the batter reaches first base on a hit, an error, a base on balls, a hit batter or otherwise.
MLB rules

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a balk, it's an illegal pitch. Also, the batter is reaching base on a base on balls.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A penny dropped from the top of the Empire State Building could kill someone on the ground below.

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted True, somebody could be looking up, yawn, and have the penny lodge in there throat causing them to choke and die.

Now if the question where phrased "A penny dropped from the top of the Empire State Building could achieve enough velocity by the time it reached groundlevel to kill someone if it connected a direct hit to a vital organ of theirs. True or False. Then I would answer false.