Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Bin
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you look at the tp each time you wipe post crap-taking?
Yes-got to get every bit of brown out 154 88.00%
No-i'll find out later if my ass starts itching 21 12.00%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Never Trust Anyone

Holy [censored]! (can you say holy [censored] here? or do you have to say Holy $hit!)

NWP will have to cover this story to see if it is a bad case of crazy bitch or if it's Capt. Tomfolery!
Old 12-16-2006, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She didn't relate a story of actual or even attempted rape. She related one of someone who exposed themselves in attempt to get her to have sex with them.

Did she say he tried to rip her pajamas off? Maybe I misread it but I don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) she related a story of sexual assault
2) the reason the other poster was making a comment about rape not being ok was because in your earlier post (which maybe you have forgotten about already?) you wrote something very close to "some women ask for it, so it's ok."

c
Old 12-16-2006, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ggb,

And you have NO REASON given her history on this forum, to believe her story to be more likley to be credible than not. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

bluff,

in cases like this, the loss when you have a false negative (don't believe story and coincidentally act like a classless asshat) makes you a much worse person than the results of a false positive (at least considering that she might be telling the truth, and investigating further).

c
Old 12-16-2006, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brandi, if you don't like penises, I would suggest not getting Gavin Griffin to stake you.

[/ QUOTE ]

nick,

amazing. bravo. rofl.

c
Old 12-16-2006, 12:19 PM

oh btw I'm gonna say this is the greatest NVG thread of all time. Tons of names dropped from Doyle to Gavin Smith, sexual assualt accusations, BUSTO rumors, BUSTO facts, falls from grace, hell it has everything but cheating in it (unless you count Captain Tom cheating on his wife)

A++
Old 12-16-2006, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will say that I doubt Brandi was stupid enough to believe that Tom Franklin was offering to "mentor" her and was never expecting anything in return.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i didn't close read the original post enough or something, but here i was thinking that what was expected in return was a share of her profits?

c
Old 12-16-2006, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Note to all: for anyone who wants to help women who truly have been traumatized by sexual/physical/emotional abuse, go donate to your local women's shelter or rape counseling center. Those kind of worthy outfits always need financial assistance. Instead of getting all sappy over the story of some poker scene huster which has a high probability of either not being totally true or brought on themselves by hanging with scummy people in the hopes of getting money off them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already have donated to womens shelters.

The problem is you're being so harsh to someone that appears to be having some real problems right now.

Now whether her story is 100% true or not I don't know. But when someone is talking about being suicidal IMHO you should give them the benefit of the doubt. If the story is all BS then so be it. But if it is true wouldn't you feel just a little bit bad for contributing to her depression?

In the company I work for I have about 50-60 drivers that are under my supervision. There have been times a driver calls in saying he can't come to work because a family member has died (or serious illness). Even if I suspect they're being something other than truthful I let them off. Because if I call them on it and they're right I end up looking like a true douchebag.

I don't want to sit here and tell you how much of a jerk you are..because I don't like to argue. There's a chance you're totally right. But imagine the possible consequences if you're wrong.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Hell of a story/thread. Until proven otherwise, I accept everything you said as the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've never met a woman before, have you?
Old 12-16-2006, 12:32 PM

what kind of patent was Dutch selling?
Old 12-16-2006, 12:34 PM

I'm usually on the side of "too many women cry rape", etc., etc., and inevitably when discussing something like the Duke lacrosse team, I'm the one that gets called a "misogynist", "pig", etc., etc.

With that said, this whole thing's really [censored] up. This girl sounds like she legitimately got screwed out of her bankroll, and I can't believe how many people are giving her [censored] about it. Seriously, what does it take for people to be genuine and show compassion? If someone posted that their entire family got murdered would the responses be "LOL, Murderments"? Or would that only happen if it was a woman posting?

Sure, if you've been doing well in the mid-to-high limit poker games, 12K doesn't seem like that much, but remember, to the average person, this is a lot of money. Someone at a minimum wage job works 6 months for that much money. This was all she had, and now she's having to undergo a radical lifestyle change, presumably because some old pervert was a dick to her.

I think the probability that she made the whole story up is extremely low, and all the "she's a whore and whores are all the same" type people are extremely sad human beings.

OP, I really don't know what kind of advice to give you at this point. Tending bar pays fairly well right? Why don't you just try to get a job doing that for a while? You'll have some spare money in no time, and then you can put that online and grind it up. If you're a winning player and use good BR management, you can turn $200 back into $12,000 within a few months. I know it's a disappointing setback, but there's really not much else you can do at that point.

I guess if I had anything to say, it would be to not think the world's like the jaded, bitter types on 2+2 or like this Tom character. There's a lot of good people out there, they're just in low supply in the poker world.
Closed Thread