Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

[ QUOTE ]
I watched The Office last night. I thought it was better than the other two episodes this season. So far the first was the worst. Agree with Dom that the hour long shows are too long. The writing is not clever enough to justify it.

Someone in OOT made the comment that Steve Carell is the weakest link. Do you guys agree?

I love what they've done with Ryan and also the fact that they have brought Andy back. I hate the Jim and Pam thing. Ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim and Pam make me want to puke. The "cute and quirky" thing ran its course 3 3/4 seasons ago. Steve Carrell looks like he's bored now that he's a big star. Dwight is the only character that actually makes me laugh anymore, and Creed sometimes as well.

But enough about the Office. Did anyone watch the funniest show on earth that happens to come on right before the Office???!!!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But enough about the Office. Did anyone watch the funniest show on earth that happens to come on right before the Office???!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

"Me want food!"
Old 10-12-2007, 08:50 PM

I thought the first scene in The Office last night was one of the funniest yet!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:22 AM

by the way, is anyone else catching the greatest reality show of all-time???

AMERICA'S MOST SMARTEST MODEL!!!!

Geeze, this is great stuff. Male and female models compete in modeling tasks as well as brain power tests given by none other than Ben Stein.

We live in an amazing time, People.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

AMERICA'S MOST SMARTEST MODEL!!!!

Geeze, this is great stuff. Male and female models compete in modeling tasks as well as brain power tests given by none other than Ben Stein.

We live in an amazing time, People.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like something you made up Dom. Are you serious that this is a real show?

Dancing With The Stars -

I missed part of this. I have it recorded though so will watch later.

I thought Jennie Garth was awesome. My favorite dance of the ones I saw. This might be my favorite of the Paso Doble routines from any season. Loved the choreography so much and I'm proud of her for coming out of her shell and becoming this amazing dancer. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 11:44 PM

Dancing with Wookie 10/15/2007

I almost choked on my beer when I saw Edyta's costume.

Oh! They're finally doing Viennese waltz. Paso doble is our latin.

Mark leads off with the VW. This going to be a tough dance for everyone. Wow, maybe I'll have to take that back. Mark looked great out there. He's improved markedly once again. His posture wasn't perfect, but he was closing his feet nicely, maintaining a frame, and some of his footwork on the fleckerels and other in-place spins was off, but the bulk of the waltz stuff was solid. This was easily his best dance. I think his score was good, but he might have even earned a second 8. I can understand slightly conservative voting for the first VW ever, though.

Sabrina got paso, and this should be a great dance for her. She can be hard-hitting and a dramatic performer. Well, she was good, but not excellent. Her posture wasn't where it needs to be. She had her shoulders hunched in at the beginning, and she needs to keep her hips more up and under her. Still, her performance was great, and the choreography was great. Sounds like she's getting 10s, and I don't agree. If she can't get the posture and shoulders right, I couldn't give her a 10. Yeah, wow. I definitely don't agree w/ the 30. She should have earned one ten, but not 3.

Jane rolled well this week. VW is a great dance for her. Her lightness will be perfect for this. Great job. Her top half is the best of the women when it comes to ballroom. She was again light and elegant. She could stand to collect her feet more on her steps. Her lines were fantastic. I guess Carrie Ann gave her an 8 for the lift, but I think that was a good score for her. '

Floyd also rolled well this week. I think his VW would be a trainwreck, but he could avoid elimination with paso. His posture will still be terrible in all probability, but his strength and masculinity could fit the performance well. Yep. About what I expected. He got a bad costume, because his jacket made his shoulders look even more hunched than they were. I guess it might be his best so far, but it was my least favorite so far tonight. And yet he scores higher than Mark. I guess I'm the posture nazi compared to the judges.

Well, Katy will be sad since Mel B and Maksim got VW, and, thus, are both fully clothed this week. She looked good, but her posture and frame are not as good as DQDW. The choreography wasn't as difficult as Jane's, either. Same score and Jane, but she wasn't as good. I'd go with 25.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:15 AM

Cameron didn't roll quite as well. He hasn't shown the toughness and seriousness for this dance. Well, I'll have to take that back. To his credit, he had the toughness and the seriousness. He even had the best paso posture of anyone tonight. His lines were great. Unfortunately, it was a lot of posturing and not as much dancing. When it was dancing, his footwork wasn't all that great. I think his 27 was a little generous as well. I'd have gone with 25-26.

Jonny and Marie got VW. I'm not sure which dance she'd be prefer this week. She could get the performance but not the power of the paso, and perhaps the style but not the elegance of VW. We'll see. Man. I just loved the thing she did w/ her hed and her hair at the beginning. Then I was so disappointed by her frame. Lift those elbows, girl! She has "lovely" arms and lines. I think it wasn't as much of a wow as the other VWs. Wow. Her 26 was very generous in my book. I was thinking 24.

People who are good at tango tend to be good at paso, too, so that, combined with Katy's input means I expect good things from Jennie. Now THAT was paso doble posture. I'd have liked to see more performance from her, but her technique was better than Sabrina. Her face was stern, but not as passionate. Ouch. Carrie Ann gave her an 8? This was 28, maybe 29 material - about equal to Sabrina.

I'd trust Helio to be great at either dance tonight, but he gets VW. Wow. I loved how sexy they made this dance. Usually the VW is romantic but chaste. The first half of his dance was stunning. In the second half, he let his shoulders and head creep in. As soon as he went into the fleckerel, I was crushed, because I wanted him to get a 30, or at least deserve one. Instead, that's where his frame and posture died, even though he recovered somewhat a little later. I think his 27 was fair. If he kept up with what he opened with, he could have had a well-earned 30.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:17 AM

I'll be watching this just to slo-mo everytime Edyta comes on. that girl has got to have the most amazing body I have ever seen. Yowza.

So who is this Sabrina chick, anyway? She's good but i have no idea what she's famous for.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:20 AM

She's a Cheetah girl. Not that I know what that is, but I think I heard that it's a Disney thing. Given that this is ABC, we shouldn't be surprised. I also think it has something to do with hip hop dancing. Edyta alone is reason to watch this show.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:28 AM

Edyta is really cute in rehearsals. She looks a lot better without all the makeup.