Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Joe Seboks blog post - Re: Ikes play

[ QUOTE ]
The part that's weird is that while Joe's read enough of the forum to realize he went to far, he hasn't read or chosen to take to heart the parts that should make him realize his assessment of that play is likely incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truthiness.

[ QUOTE ]
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds".

[/ QUOTE ]

Emerson – one of my favorites.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:06 AM

Sebok comes out and realizes his mistake, and attempt to apologize to Ike/those offended. Okay fair enough.

However, based on his thought process/discussion of the hands he's clearly not very good at poker but believes himself to be, and for that i won't forgive him.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, based on his thought process/discussion of the hands he's clearly not very good at poker but believes himself to be, and for that i won't forgive him.

[/ QUOTE ]Poker professionals giving bad advice on re-stealing on a public poker show is +++EV.

If he thinks that Ike's play was bad, no reason to continue badgering the man or trying to change his mind.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kudos to this guy for riding the step-child of a famous person thing for all it's worth but has anyone listened to his hand analysis on that show? It is hideous.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I've listened to every episode of both shows that Sebok has been on and his hand analysis is interesting. He plays a style that has been extremely successful for him and it is a good learning tool. I don't really understand how you can say its hideous based on 2 hands. BTW do you happen to have almost 1.5 million in tourney cashes the past 3 years?

[ QUOTE ]
I think we know all we need to know about Mr Sebok from a very small sampling of his public behavior. Maybe he is a better person that he seems, but it looks doubtful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hahahahahahahaha
Old 07-10-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still dont like the kid

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I was cool with that kid the whole time and even after.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arrrrghhhhh [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Head asplode! How [censored] old is Theo Tran anyway? I think you need to be over 50 to start calling people 'the kid'.

On the plus side, NVG and WSOP gossip has been awesome this past week, I just can't keep up! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2007, 09:48 AM

Something that really seems to stick out is level of competetiveness. Some of us deal with it really differently, I get so competetive that I get out of line just playing playstation, I watch AJ and Shane and just wish I could have that composure.

Guys like them are an example for everyone. When I started in tourney poker I was the same as Joe, I was competitive and obnoxious, more I played more I learned that I looked like a total goof.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've listened to every episode of both shows that Sebok has been on and his hand analysis is interesting. He plays a style that has been extremely successful for him and it is a good learning tool. I don't really understand how you can say its hideous based on 2 hands. BTW do you happen to have almost 1.5 million in tourney cashes the past 3 years?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, excellent point! So Jamie Gold > Phil Ivey then too right? After all, tournament winnings are the true measures of great poker players.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:11 AM

I'm pretty sure Sebok 4 bet with KQ on the bubble and lost to AQ yet never admitted that was an idiotic play or a 'zero play' as he likes to coin it. gg joe
Old 07-11-2007, 03:07 AM

Any response from Ike about doing Pokerwire after the apologies and the invitation? That'd be pretty classy of Ike, imo.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:43 AM

Sebo thinks it is funny to get 2+2 all riled up. Checkout hte $3M Rabbi prop bet thread.

His blog post is probably just a troll to get 2+2ers riled up again.