Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Help with Analysis, does this mean i suck or have just hit a bad r

My HM database is not listed in the Databases box. All my PT databases are listed. What to do?
Old 10-05-2007, 06:36 PM

I haven't added support for HM yet. HM says he's making major changes to his DB schema in the upcoming release...once things are settled, support will be added for other databases.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I took the files from Holdem Manager and replaced my PokerEV with them, it still gives same message. Also, I can't run Holdem Manager it says beta is expired even though I downloaded newest one and havn't used before? Also I have tried repairing the framework 2.0 and that didn't help. Any ideas? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
There are so many different things on your computer that could cause this that's it's very hard to track down. The next version does a few things differently and has better error logging, so hopefully that will work. If not, I'm going to spend some time working through these issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fixed the problem. Apparently my arial font was messed up so all my .net programs weren't working. If anyone has weird problems with .net check your fonts.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:00 PM

Bump:

Can we get the version that can run 100k's of hands phil?
Old 10-14-2007, 12:51 PM

The major upgrade is running over time, but it's getting close (hra used it recently to do a 1.4 million hand graph in BBV). Meanwhile there's an update on the download page. I've extended the current version, added Everest support (but not for the replayer) and fixed the error described above that affected short stacks. There's also an option to calculate based on the total pot size. I think the method is flawed but if you want to use it, you can change a setting in the config file. Instructions are in the help file.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:59 PM

Phil, I read somewhere ( cant remember ) that sng hh's support should be functional by mid-october.. u have any idea when u should be done with that ? thx.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:05 PM

Not yet. It's part of the major upgrade. I apologize for the long wait you guys have had.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:17 PM

First off I just want to say Phil this program is amazing.

I have what I am sure is a rather simple question but regardless am unable to figure out so anyone who can help me please let me know. What is the difference between equity adjusted and sklansky bucks and actual winnings?

For example, I have $100 total winnings, $80 equity adjusted, and 200 sklansky bucks. The way I understand it is this has nothing to do if you are running well or poorly? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Looking forward to the update.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Sklansky Bucks Calculator: PokerEV

Is the current version doing tournament-chipEV calculations for stars and full tilt hands?
Old 10-15-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The major upgrade is running over time, but it's getting close (hra used it recently to do a 1.4 million hand graph in BBV). Meanwhile there's an update on the download page. I've extended the current version, added Everest support (but not for the replayer) and fixed the error described above that affected short stacks. There's also an option to calculate based on the total pot size. I think the method is flawed but if you want to use it, you can change a setting in the config file. Instructions are in the help file.

[/ QUOTE ]

Simply eliminating all hands where the player is allin and there is later betting is really bad IMO. For the most part the hero makes a huge amount of money in these spots, its simply skewed a bit against us. Sometimes it's very beneficial because someone makes a stupid bet with no hand to bluff out the winning hand. This is one very minor benefit of shortstacking but there's no reason why it shouldn't occasionally count in our favor in PokerEV. To simply 100% eliminate them without giving the user the option is worse than including them IMO.

Anyway is there a way to have a choice, I believe this was my original suggestion?

Fortunately when I run the program it still seems to count them, so that's good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]