Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: AP thread 87.1 - waiting on the statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
Their statement had better give the names of ALL accts that were used in this scheme, in addition to describing just how they were exploited.

[/ QUOTE ]

.....and needs to be on their site. The email they sent players needs to be linked from their index page along with all future releases until this is over.

I also agree with Teddy, there is no way this is all the cheaters. I have a hunch there are many many players out there that got cheated in middle limit games and don't know it.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who is Adam Small?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the p5's founders and current mod/content editor and such. He's a smart, responsible guy that I think a lot of people would vouch for.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have an insider telling me that you're friends with him. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously though, Adam is a great guy and was a big help with this whole thing. He deserves a lot of credit.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:00 AM

When will Adanthar release the new info he is holding out on for now?
Old 10-21-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Will their statement identify all of the accounts that were used to exploit the superuser abilities? e.g. we've "discovered" 4 or 5...but if Absolute comes back and says "yep, those were the only 4 or 5 that were involved, good job in finding them, gumshoes!", I'll call BS immediately. We're good but there's no way that the few accounts that we've revealed were the ONLY hole-card viewing accounts.

Their statement had better give the names of ALL accts that were used in this scheme, in addition to describing just how they were exploited.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am told that we missed two names completely. And that they will be revealed in the detailed statement.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:09 AM

How far back does this go?
Old 10-21-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How far back does this go?

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't told that.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: AP thread 87.1 - MIT and KGC background

Here are some links to information about the history of (and legal questions surrounding) Mohawk Internet Technologies (MIT), the Kahnawake Gaming Commision (KGC) and related matters, as background for those of you who have not yet googled this yourself.

2002 Ottawa Life article on MIT here

November 2003 CBC News article on gambling at Kahnawake, including MIT and KGC, here

October 2006 Montreal Gazette article on MIT's response to the UIGEA here

The legal fora at PokerPulse have some interesting information on this and other pages.

Then there is this October 2006 Hamilton Spectator article. Notice a familiar name here? This article adds some confusion about Absolute's hosting location. Maybe they have redundant servers? C.f. the Gazette article's comment:
[ QUOTE ]
the Mohawks of Kahnawake, like many of the largest online gaming companies, are hedging their bets by looking to Europe and Asia where authorities have taken a much more accepting attitude toward the business.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-21-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: AP thread 87.1 - MIT and KGC background

DoTheMath,

Thanks. Right up my alley...23 years ago...except in US. lol

I'm enjoying the read.

Edit: Very interesting stuff. Are the rules that they passed last week in here? Only part way through read(s).
tia

gg
Old 10-21-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: AP thread 87.1 - AP and UB ownership puzzle

Both the AP and UB websites say that these sites are owned by Tokwiro Enterprises Enrg. From information on the two sites we learn that Tokwiro Enterprises Enrg is a sole proprietorship owned by a Mohawk of Kahnawake. It may be a coincidence that "Tokwiro" is the middle name of Kahnawake ex-Grand Chief Joseph Tokwiro Norton.

How does this fit with the information that we have seen on this site about AB being started/owned by Scott Tom and his family and buddies? How is it related to the sale of UB? How does it leave room for the supposition of a curent ownership position by Scott Tom (unless he is a Mohawk of Kahnawake, which seems unlikely)?

Does anybody have any solid information on the corporate ownership status and history of AP and UB?
Old 10-21-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: AP thread 87.1 - AP and UB ownership puzzle

I'm told some of this is going to come out tomorrow; hang on til then. Nat and I know the answers to most of these questions but would like to hold some back until we have the statement.
Closed Thread