Does this make you a sad panda?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 12-20-2006, 10:42 PM

Default Re: The Well: gobboboy

[ QUOTE ]

Sure, 2%.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, do u remember at TS when we were like 'YA MAN 2% swap in the 1k".

moments later.... "2% is pretty much useless, lol"
Old 12-20-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sure, 2%.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, do u remember at TS when we were like 'YA MAN 2% swap in the 1k".

moments later.... "2% is pretty much useless, lol"

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought we were buddies.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:54 PM

IT WAS FUNNY, AND I'M QUOTING YOU
Old 12-20-2006, 11:26 PM

gobbo,

you lost 100k playing 100/200 PLO? wtf??? wow man, that's sick.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gobbo,

[/ QUOTE ]

Smoke much?
Old 12-20-2006, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gobbo,

[/ QUOTE ]

Smoke much?

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY FUNNY IM CANCELLING OUR FACEBOOK FRIENDSHIP
Old 12-21-2006, 12:41 AM

Gobbo, even though I've never talked to either of you, I've always respected you and Ansky more than anyone else here because I've never seen either of you say anything hurtful or disrespectful to anyone and you're both honest. I've said some dumb things to tons of people in my life, so this is something I really respect.

In a lot of ways, I think I am pretty similar to you, but I have not played nearly as much, had the drive, or developed into nearly the player that you have. I am 19 and I'm enrolled at The University of Texas, but I just really don't enjoy school. At the moment, I have no other options, but I would love to be able to develop into a good player by this time next year, (assuming poker doesn't go away.)

I basically started playing in December of last year with $600 playing 1/2 limit on Stars. I won lots of money very quickly and was playing 5/10 by April and winning a good bit of money. At some point around May I decided to start playing MTTs a little bit, and I have played about 300 since then. My results have been ok, but if it were not for one big cash I would be a very small loser. That cash was in the Stars Stuper and was at the end of october.

After that date, I started playing too big in the LHE games, and lost a lot of money. I have never really had any tilt or self control problems, but I lost most of my bankroll and now I have withdrawn everything except $2,500 on Stars. I lost about 2/3 of what I made in poker in a year in 6 weeks, and I've been extremely upset at myself for letting it happen, and I've probably been playing bad because of it. I still have a little bit of money in the bank, but I will not be redepositing. I am constantly torn between trying to get good at MTTs and playing LHE, or even learning NL ring games, which means that I never really get good at everything and am never satisfied.

My question is, if you were in my shoes, (reasonably good small stakes limit player, slight winner in small MTTs but still learning, and relatively inexperienced at NL cash), what would you start playing?

Thanks
Old 12-21-2006, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gobbo, even though I've never talked to either of you, I've always respected you and Ansky more than anyone else here because I've never seen either of you say anything hurtful or disrespectful to anyone and you're both honest. I've said some dumb things to tons of people in my life, so this is something I really respect.

In a lot of ways, I think I am pretty similar to you, but I have not played nearly as much, had the drive, or developed into nearly the player that you have. I am 19 and I'm enrolled at The University of Texas, but I just really don't enjoy school. At the moment, I have no other options, but I would love to be able to develop into a good player by this time next year, (assuming poker doesn't go away.)

I basically started playing in December of last year with $600 playing 1/2 limit on Stars. I won lots of money very quickly and was playing 5/10 by April and winning a good bit of money. At some point around May I decided to start playing MTTs a little bit, and I have played about 300 since then. My results have been ok, but if it were not for one big cash I would be a very small loser. That cash was in the Stars Stuper and was at the end of october.

After that date, I started playing too big in the LHE games, and lost a lot of money. I have never really had any tilt or self control problems, but I lost most of my bankroll and now I have withdrawn everything except $2,500 on Stars. I lost about 2/3 of what I made in poker in a year in 6 weeks, and I've been extremely upset at myself for letting it happen, and I've probably been playing bad because of it. I still have a little bit of money in the bank, but I will not be redepositing. I am constantly torn between trying to get good at MTTs and playing LHE, or even learning NL ring games, which means that I never really get good at everything and am never satisfied.

My question is, if you were in my shoes, (reasonably good small stakes limit player, slight winner in small MTTs but still learning, and relatively inexperienced at NL cash), what would you start playing?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't know what your strengths are and what you would want to do, but it all depends on what you want to be good at and what poker is in your life. If you want it to be a serious thing in your life where you may become a professional, it's probably better to start playing NL cash. If you want to be part-time, I think playing lots of mtt's and throwing in limit cash could be pretty good. I think limit players adapt to mtt's a lot better than NL cash players honestly. You could also try playing SNG's to help out with your mtt's.

You can start playing the $30 freezeouts and 20/180's and up to maybe the 5r and start killing those games if you try hard enough. The low stakes mtt's are just begging to be killed.

Good luck in whatever endeavor you choose.