Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: When considering hands for low purposes only (and with no qualifier on low) which is the better low
Player A with AA234 30 57.69%
Player B with KK234 22 42.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Dare I say it

[ QUOTE ]
its likely the high stakes players will be bored of it by that time anyway, the novelty will wear off eventually...

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, you're right, 2 1/2 weeks of posting and you have a better grasp of all of the high-stakes tournament players' mindsets than we ourselves do

we were asked to post more hands and discussions to show that there would be traffic in a high-level MTT forum. we did. and you're trying to write that off.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:52 PM

nah hes just trying to troll he got enough attention last week let him be
Old 05-15-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its likely the high stakes players will be bored of it by that time anyway, the novelty will wear off eventually...

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, you're right, 2 1/2 weeks of posting and you have a better grasp of all of the high-stakes tournament players' mindsets than we ourselves do

we were asked to post more hands and discussions to show that there would be traffic in a high-level MTT forum. we did. and you're trying to write that off.

[/ QUOTE ]

just because the account date says something, doesnt mean thats the day i first came to 2p2.

but it happens to most anything. people tend to push for something, then when it comes, its a great thing, but then the novelty wears off...

but how am i suppose to count that for anything? if it wasnt for this, none of them would be posting, plus what happens a few months after it happens? it eventualy starts getting less and less posts....
Old 05-15-2007, 07:05 PM

People, please just leave misclick be.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
as you said, splitting the forums would only increase the elitism. pretty unhealthy, as a lot of people around act like helping a micro player will dumb them down

[/ QUOTE ]

the majority of 2+2ers are selfish and here to better their own games. This would include disucssing hands with people who play similar stakes with you. You are sounding more selfish than anyone right now with your argument that the top players wont help you anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

feels like you are speaking about your OWN SELF.

i disagree with almost everything you have said in this thread.

a large part of why 2p2 is so good at bringing players up (in their level of play and their skill) is that the lower buy-ins/ring players get good solid advice from more experienced players. im very thankful for all the players that have responded to my post thus far and my game and results has improved a lot.

~vlad
Old 05-15-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

feels like you are speaking about your OWN SELF.

[/ QUOTE ]
sweet did u see what I said in response to exitonly

I guess you disagree with the majorty of the forum then too
Old 05-15-2007, 10:28 PM

Coming into this late but I don't see the problem. The cash split works perfect, why is MTT so different?

When I post a 200NL hand in SSNL or a 400NL hand in MSNL I get a lot of quality advice from players who play at the same level and some people who play a little higher. I don't need cts, durrr, aba or riverboatking to reply to my posts for it to be helpful (although sometimes they still do). Most of my questions are probably pretty basic, and I am not arrogant enough to think I need the greatest pokerminds on the planet to get a good answer. Why is it any different for low stakes MTTs?

I still read HSNL to learn and sometimes reply and ask questions, but I don't think the presence of HSNL ruins the quality of the other cash game forums. Not at all.

A split would be good, I can't really see any good arguments against it. And the way 2+2 keeps adding OT forums you would think they could add a pokerforum when so many people seems to think it would be a good idea.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:32 PM

Old 05-18-2007, 02:40 PM

Exit,
We are working on it. No need to bump this.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:09 PM

Splitzees.

Don't feel like reading the thread to see waht is going to happen though.
Closed Thread