Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
How down are Thai girls with threesomes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the girl. I highly doubt an upper class college educated thai girl is going to be having threesomes with you. a whore will probably allow you to shove a baseball bat up her ass and spin her younger sister around on the other end of it, if you pay enough money.

[/ QUOTE ]

this would most definitely require a trip report if accomplished.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:11 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-28-2006, 03:22 AM

I had this information on thaivisa.com. But, If you can fly to a close asian foreign embassy and renew indefinitely your 90 tourist vise there is no problem at all, it will only cost a little bit more to stay in Thailand. Also, theres always this option : www.thailandelite.com or the investor visa.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:27 AM

degen - i believe southerndog is right, having several girlfriends could lead to something very dramatic. of course it depends on the type of girl - if shes something akin to a bargirl (not actually a hooker say, but hangs out in bars for gifts) and you've been seeing her regularly, no problem. ditto if they know you're a farang looking for some fun, but if its in anyway serious ala southerndog, you could be missing a penis if/when they find out.

by the same token, alot of older thai businessmen have mistresses that their wives sort of know abt and thats generally ok..

i like your phrasing on with the baseball bat thing

-pug
Old 09-28-2006, 03:31 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-28-2006, 03:39 AM

think my stepdad is going with thailand elite - i'll letcha know what its like when i get a chance to talk to him

-pug
Old 09-28-2006, 07:12 AM

Do you know a good tailor who could make me a quality custom suit? I imagine it would be the price of a good off-the-rack suit instead of the $5kish it would cost anywhere else. I'm a little short for an American so it probably wouldn't be that out of the ordinary for him.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't been there since June. I heard tonite that somebody cannot access Party at all right now. KKF is this accurate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party works fine here (6pm 9/28/06) in Bangkok
Old 09-28-2006, 08:03 AM

Have you tried to learn Thai?

I know it is not easy but you can get a hang of it. The grammar is super easy. I learned quite a bit having a college student come to my place about once a week to tutor me. Along with going through instruction books on my own and making flash cards. And my main Thai buddy and I would only speak Thai to each other for the most part, which helped a lot.

You will get a lot of respect from Thais if you make an effort to learn it. You will also eat much much better if you learn how to read menus in Thai so you are not limited in where you can go eat. And also learn directions so you can ask anyone how to get somewhere if you are lost.

Sure you will not be able to analyze things with folks but in my opinion if you are going to be a guest in a country, you should learn the language instead of expecting everyone to speak yours. I am not saying that is what you have done, but I knew a lot of other expats who made no effort whatsoever and I think their experience was much less rich, culturally speaking, than those of us who learned Thai.

KJS
Old 09-28-2006, 08:15 AM

Looks like I am late to the party. 12 pages...damn.

Just got back from my visa run (Koh samui - Malaysia - Samui) 12 hours in a minivan but not too bad I guess.

KJS is correct: If you make an effort to learn thai then Thailand is sooo much nicer. I have a decent vocab building up and get a lot more respect now that I can communicate on my own.
Closed Thread