Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: DERB

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Andrew - you are saying that when I cap out of the small blind and lead every street into multiple opponents, even regardless of their action, there is a greater than 0% chance that AJ unimproved is good on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm not saying that at all.

In fact, it seems that you don't even know what the actual problem that needs to be solved is. Not only do you not know how to solve the problem, you don't even know how to formulate it.

Not very surprising really.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, let me know when you scrape together your evidence of people with 30% VPIP in very tight and aggressive games who are big winners, I'm excited to see the data.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the data, and no, I'm not sharing.

- Andrew

www.pokerstove.com
Old 05-07-2005, 05:18 PM

To believe that i'm a cheat is ridiculous. I am one of the biggest winners in that game and the reason is ; i'm good. Playing with all of you day in and day out just needs some other level of play . Calling a riverbet when beat doesn't look smart but actions like that obviously make you believe i'm a terrible player. That's all i asked for. Some wannebe pros that don't take me serious. I will continue to collect.

C u at the tables. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2005, 05:26 PM

If this were true you would never post here. In the midst of wannabe pro land.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, it seems that you don't even know what the actual problem that needs to be solved is. Not only do you not know how to solve the problem, you don't even know how to formulate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Admittedly, it's possible you are operating on a higher plane than I am. However, this kind of statement, if you are in fact correct, adds no value to my favorite forum. Include myself in the camp of people who don't know how to formulate this problem you speak of. I believe this particular river overcall is asymptotically close to an EV of -1BB. Please share with me *why* I am wrong, not simply tell me that I am.

If you want to play. please contribute.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have the data, and no, I'm not sharing

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a lot of data myself.

I don't mind sharing that james is easily in the top 1% of players in the party 15 and 30 games.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:54 PM

In case you didn't realize, the man in question knows James, and James was the person actually in this hand.

So yes, DERB's chances of winning the hand do revolve around James's cold-capping standards.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There appear to be some readers still willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I believe your credibility diminishes substantially when you make statements like this.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can see what you're saying, but I think being stuck 4k after 56k hands is a bit different from making 3bb/100 over 145k. From reading your posts to date, I'd be willing to bet it turns around for you, and probably soon.

As for the dude, either a.) this is a very rare statistical anomoly, b.) there is some form of collusion happening, or c.) he is a world-class player, so good that he can make hands profitable that the VAST majority of other players could not

This is real interesting - Jags

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine being stuck any after 56K hands in this game.

-Scott
Old 05-09-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There appear to be some readers still willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I believe your credibility diminishes substantially when you make statements like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because I love to play The Devil's Advocate, featuring Keanu Reeves... If I had extensive statistics that showed players that maintained stats that would be considered 'abornmal' by the majority of the poker playing population, while maintaining higher winrates than most, I would probably either be one of those players, or be attempting to emulate them. Either way, if I weren't independently wealthy already, I would almost certainly keep them to myself.

Though it wouldn't really matter, because even if I had a database of 20 players, with 600k hands a piece, winning >3BB/100 in the Party 30 game, with VP$IPs of well over 30 while fullhanded, the chance of anybody here taking me seriously would be LESS than the chance that James is cold-capping a hand that AJ is ahead of.

EDIT: I'm not trying to say that this player is a winner, or even that a VPIP of over 30 can beat this game. Anything I know about the Party 15 game comes from about 400 hands and a bunch of hearsay. Anything I know about higher games than that might, if combined with $1.05 might be able to get you 5 chicken nuggets from Wendy's, depending on what state you live in.

EDIT AGAIN: "abornmal" is one of the best typos I've ever had the pleasure of posting, so I decided to let it stand.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Update?

Hey I started reading this thread when it first started and I am now too lazy to read the entire thing. Anyone wanna give me the verdict on this guy? Has there been one? cheater? just an awesome super LAG who knows all the players in the game good enough to get payed?