Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Re: LOTR: Return of the King (GAME THREAD)

Great game everyone! Village, Wow!!! way to pull it out. Congratulations!

Wolves, you played great. I think the only slip was killing Gandalf and then trying to frame Nich. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I played horrible but I think I learned a lot.

I'm giving the MVP to all the final villagers, awesomely played. Runner-up MVP to Nich for nailing Herbie and the wolves in a logic error. Nice!

I give Herbie the wolf MVP for generating an amazing smoke screen under Nich's logic blast. I think several smoke alarms went off at my house after your posts. Great job. I was really impressed how you didn't give up until the village stops buying it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] LOL....

I think the village read the wolves incredibly well this game. (Me on the other hand... Well... I still have a lot to learn)

I felt sorry for getting Zurvan lynched TWICE in one game on the first days he played. But it still kind-of cracks me up.. LOL.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Zurvan

Excellent job Sighing. All three games went great! Thank you. I can't wait for your next "project"
Old 04-27-2007, 09:10 PM

I didn't really buy into what you said about me fmxda. It just seemed too easy/simple. I was really trying to weigh who to take between Jeremy and fmxda. I was going back and worth and probably thought for two hours before I pm'ed sighing my pick. I just could not figure out who would be willing to vote the other person out. Maybe I should have killed FCBL that final night. I think I was going down no matter what happened. Let me know guys, Jeremy, fmxda, and FCBL who you were suspecting going in today.

As for Mark, he sounds like a wolf every ame. By the time he is a wolf no one will vote him [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] that will work out quite well for him.

As for quoting posts from day 1 that made FCBL sound wolfy, no one was posting today and everyone already had their minds made up.

THanks for modding sighing. It was a lot of fun.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:17 PM

I think I was wrong about everything this game.

Except Mark.

I still had a blast though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Very very nice endgame fmxda and fcbl.

And chuck, thanks for waking up. You were the village secret weapon.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, who were Eskimos peeks?

[/ QUOTE ]

my 1st post:

[ QUOTE ]
guys honestly i cbf reading day 1 cause its too long.. too much crap. 1000000 random players trying out-fps each other i dont even know.. too many to be bothered trying to get reads.

but yeah, enough complaining, holla to yall? ill try to read up tmr maybe. anyone complains about any of this i permavote them to tha death lolo

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd post (before GT1T posted):

[ QUOTE ]
GT1T and nez can be my masons ok mangs?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm

i then mentioned him on my day 1 and day 2 villager list, and again when talking to vr that i was 100% sure he was gollum.

pretty sure i made FF, VR and FCBL pretty obvious. i didnt know late game how to keep reminding people that i had already peeked gt1t but i assumed they would work it out.

also gt1t sent me a coded msg back at some point, but i only got it half deciphered....

also my chuckles posts:

[ QUOTE ]
chuckles is probly a wolf but never lynch chuckles ever

[/ QUOTE ]

i kept saying the whole thing in order to make sure village knew that a) probly = not a peek, and b) never ever, as in not just in or relating to this game.

in the end it still wasnt clear enough obviously....
Old 04-27-2007, 09:19 PM

also thanks for mods, this was really a well-made balanced game, ill def sign on for LOTR 4 if its made and im around.

and well done in final 3 village.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:22 PM

gt1t - please decode the 'rad idea' msg.... ty
Old 04-27-2007, 09:32 PM

i followed this game more closely than i normally do for games i'm not in

i think this was the best game of the series as far as ruleset goes. well played by both sides and good job sighing!

consider this my official request for a Silmarillion ww game
Old 04-27-2007, 09:43 PM

I feel like a brat in saying this. I will preclude it by saying that I feel like this game was well-moderated and run. My write-up was the best I've ever seen. However, in the interests of future balance and etc, I feel like I have to just mention that I thought this game was strongly skewed towards the village. I'd also be interested in a heated debate about this. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

(Blah blah blah meow-chow Luckay's strange equations turn out a 36.5 > 24.5 point based for good vs evil).

Gandalf: 5
Aragorn: 5
Frodo: 5
Sam: 3
Merry: 2
Eowyn: 3
Pippin: 2
King Theoden: 1.5
10 Village: 10

Gollum: 0 (Note: this is generous, because Gollum knew who Sam & Frodo were and had a strong interest in protecting both)

Sauron: 5
Denethor: 6
Witch-King: 4
Oliphant-Rider: 3.5
Mouth of Sauron: 2
Nazgul: 4

The village lost a lot of power roles early, which was a huge variance swing in favor of evil, but even so, village still pulled it off narrowly in end-game.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:49 PM

Luckay, I actually agree with you. I felt like we crushed the village and still lost. They had a two seers and angel and a backup seer and we took them out about as well as we possibly could have. In your points matrix I think I was worth about 0.

Maybe I just didn't play it well, but I felt like there was absolutely nothing I could do to add to the wolves chance of victory. I was actually dreading that someone would get the bright idea of bringing me along to must lynch. The having to vote an hour ahead of night fall made any strategy difficult to execute. It also made any conversation very difficult because it was just too easy to slip and clear someone. I was like a commentator from outside the game, but I was in no real way a member of the wolf team.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:51 PM

I think this game is balanced with -1 seer. 8 claimable roles is huge.

And if I was books, I'd just rand pretty much, or always vote for the player with most votes. Can't give village any info, I think.