Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is your ptbb/100?
<3 6 12.77%
3-4 10 21.28%
4-5 7 14.89%
5-6 9 19.15%
7-9 13 27.66%
>10 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Re: *** Official October Chat Thread: The Purple Goose ***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for u guys runnin 0-2bb/100...whats ur hourly?

just lookin for a comparable cuz im very happy with my hourly at 50FR, and wondering why i shud move out of my free money pit

[/ QUOTE ]

like $60-70/hr, but with the FPP bonuses and milestone bonuses taken into consideration, it gets closer to $100/hr.

(this is running at ~2ptbb)

[/ QUOTE ]

at 200 correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm drawing these numbers from the last 250k hands, of which 90% is 200nl (10table average).

[/ QUOTE ]

thnx.

ive been doin $42/hr (b4 RB) at 50 (12tabling) over the last 60K hands, and believe this is very sustainable (only 5PTbb/100). and have been strugglin to figure out why i shud move up, increase variance uncessarily, play more grinders, and probably make around the same hourly (tho RB will b higher).

i dunno...maybe ima pansy and am tryying to give myself reasons to not move up. but...i did just get up to 2.3K, so its time to give 100 another shot *kicks a stone*

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends on your goals. What do you want poker to be to you?

If you have dreams of being one of the best players, and making tens of thousands of dollars ever month, you're going to have to move up.

If you want to make a little extra spending cash on the side, and not expose yourself to a tonne of risk, then there is nothing wrong with sticking at $50NL. SOunds like you're making good cash there anyways.

I've been a 200NL reg for over a year. If I never cashed out, I'd be closed to rolled for 5000NL. But I have life expenses, I love to travel, and losing a lot of money stresses me out.

It works for me, gives me a very comfortable life, and puts me ahead (money wise) of almost everyone I know coming out of my graduating class.

But I'm gonna give it a go next month (assuming I get out of my little funk... no point moving up when I'm running terribly and feel gross about my game). I recently cashed out a lot of my stock portfolio, which I'm gonna use for rent and whatever for the next 6months. So I'm gonna try to build a serious roll and play some higher games. At least now I won't have to stress if I drop $5k or something.

It's all about what you're comfortable with. No one HAS to move up.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I AM ADDICTED TO THIS SONG. THE GIRL WITH THE STRAIGHT HAIR IS SO FEISTY I THINK I'M IN LOVE

&lt;object width="425" height="355"&gt;&lt;param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bqpA5Acc8-c&amp;rel=1"&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name="wmode" value="transparent"&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bqpA5Acc8-c&amp;rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

nation who is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

nm im wrong.

Aly &amp; AJ - Potential Breakup Song
Old 10-26-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its a good thing I decided to move back down. I would be broke by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

From almost rolled to play NL$100 to a nice starting roll for NL25 in 7 weeks

by Mike Kelley
Old 10-26-2007, 08:41 AM

that's sick main, you have close to 100k? i feel like such a loser, i'm a big winner in the full ring games but like for the last 6 months i've BARELY played. i just lived off my roll and finally dropped down to around 8k a week ago. I started grinding my ass off once i realized how close I was go not making it as a pro and i'm already back into 5 figs.

hopefully i can keep up this determination and keep my spending down so I can start building some real money to start investing and maybe moving up too.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

by Mike Kelley

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouchy. This makes my woes look silly. I just can't seem to be any better than break even at nl50. I'm going to stick it out until the roll gets down to 500 though.

Does "Svensk" on pokerstars post here? Anyone know him?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:30 AM

He's seriously nitty. I've got about 10,000 hands on him.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that's sick main, you have close to 100k? i feel like such a loser, i'm a big winner in the full ring games but like for the last 6 months i've BARELY played. i just lived off my roll and finally dropped down to around 8k a week ago. I started grinding my ass off once i realized how close I was go not making it as a pro and i'm already back into 5 figs.

hopefully i can keep up this determination and keep my spending down so I can start building some real money to start investing and maybe moving up too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if I never spent a dime I'd have ~$100k. But rent, utilities, partying, and a vacation every 2 months has put a slight dent in that. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Online roll is about the same as you at the moment, but I have dreams of grandeur.

GL with moving up - though I don't think anyone should make an 'event' of it. I plan to just start mixing up 1/2, 2/4 and 3/6 games ... whatever is good at the time. Online poker gives you incredible game selection if you utilize it properly.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

by Mike Kelley

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouchy. This makes my woes look silly. I just can't seem to be any better than break even at nl50. I'm going to stick it out until the roll gets down to 500 though.

[/ QUOTE ]

NL50 frustrates me too. Dropped back there end of last month after a big downswing at NL100 that left my roll to small to stay there.

After about 18k breakeven hands at NL50 the first of the month and seeing I was getting off pace to squeeze in making Nova by end of the year, I said screw it and moved back up to NL100 under rolled.

But I ran at 15BB/100 for the next 15k hands, which was great. Finally had a losing night last night but at least now my roll is back where it needs to be and I am back ahead of pace to hit Nova sometime in late Dec.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:56 AM

On a much nicer note. Someone brought fresh donuts to my office this morning.

mmmmm, forbidden donut.

Also, as others have pm'd me, it is impossible that my downswing is due to variance.

I have leaks, so hopefully getting coached helps.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:57 AM

Mike,

The titanic had leaks. Your situation has less hope.
Closed Thread