Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:49 AM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Prodonkey you sound like a total douche in this arguament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes because I'm the one personally attacking people. I don't mind being called a douchebag when I am one, but in this case I'm not. I just don't like people pandering their services to everyone when most of the time they aren't any better than the average 2+2er and it is against the rules.

TY AMA

[/ QUOTE ]

i see what you did there. lol
Old 10-17-2007, 05:50 AM

I don't
Old 10-17-2007, 05:53 AM

at least 3 posters in this thread need a timeout
Old 10-17-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol, I'm running 16bb/100 since I decided to completely alter my style. I stopped tilting which was always my biggest killer. A few minor adjustments... going with reads every time, less transparent in giving away strength of hands, letting aggro players value town themselves, etc. Small sample but ~5k hands now. I'm nearly at $1k mark and, well, maybe out of 25nl in like 10 days after spending MONTHS in 5nl.

Maybe I'm crazy but 25nl is way, way easier than 2nl, 5nl, 10nl. Players are extremely easy to read. They fold more post-flop, afraid of large aggressive bets. Rarely trap me, they play very straight forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

25NL and 50NL are what home game players are used to so thats what the fishies play.

those lower limits are for people building an actual bankroll and they know what they are doing from what I have noticed
Old 10-17-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
at least 3 posters in this thread need a timeout

[/ QUOTE ]

do you want to be in timeout with me?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
25NL and 50NL are what home game players are used to so thats what the fishies play.

those lower limits are for people building an actual bankroll and they know what they are doing from what I have noticed

[/ QUOTE ]I think that might be true. If you are just depositing money every now and then and playing not very often, like $100-500, then 25nl and 50nl is probably where they end up. You have enough buyins to last a couple weeks as long as you don't run bad and are not terrible. Don't think people deposit and go play 5nl--I didn't.

On my first deposit I was playing .25/.50 limit (years ago) way, way underrolled (I had no concept of BR). Somehow got lucky and won some tournaments early. Then I cashed out a lot because of the new laws passed and left enough to grind out ($200) small limits, practice BR management, post on 2+2, take game seriously, and move up the chain.

Have never lost my original $100 deposit forever ago. Have now made $2100 in microlimits total. I don't regret cashing out because all that time spent in 5nl taught me a good lesson. All those months of tilting, I think I have conquered. At least for a while. No more donking off 6bi because someone called a bluff. Them days are over!
Old 10-17-2007, 06:12 AM

I deposited $200 back in late April and I've made about $4.5k since then, mainly bonuses + sngs though. I should stop playing mtts, I'm pretty bad at them but they're more fun and it's easy just to chuck a tourney or two in when I'm done grinding cash.

Just had a winning session, didn't even make it to two buyins but I feel I played much better than I have recently, still had a problem with calling preflop, especially with small pockets just trying to setmine. I really need to mix up my play with them, gonna start 3betting them more often
Old 10-17-2007, 06:15 AM

galvatron is so much more of a badass than megatron.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I deposited $200 back in late April and I've made about $4.5k since then, mainly bonuses + sngs though. I should stop playing mtts, I'm pretty bad at them but they're more fun and it's easy just to chuck a tourney or two in when I'm done grinding cash.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm good at (micro) SNG + MTT but hate being held prisoner for hours. I can't stand playing 4 hours and winning $15, [censored] me. Can't just sit out because blinds get high and missing big hands is the worst. 5 minute break not nearly long enough. In summary: [censored] MTT's. Turbo SNG are better, not as long.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:27 AM

Yeah 5 minute breaks are annoying. Too short to get anything meaningful done, like bathroom break + something good to eat, but not doing anything is just a pointless 5 minutes. And multitabling them ughhh
Closed Thread