View Poll Results: K-fed
yea 2 15.38%
nay 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Bonds bitter over departure from Giants

RedBean,

Do you think OJ killed his wife?

According to a jury of his peers, he didn't.

Is it at all unreasonable that people still believe that OJ is a murderer, much in the same way people still believe that Bonds juiced up, even though neither has been "proven" to any standard you'd like?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, duh, it's all opinion, but the consensus among his peers and the media is that he's a prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

The consensus among his peers is that he is a prick?

Really?

You got anything to support that, or you just kinda throwing it out there and wishing it to be true?

[ QUOTE ]
Sheesh, he skipped all of those games, played in the home closer, then skipped the next three games. Sheesh, he sure was hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, so you don't believe he was hurt? Despite the team, the trainers, and the coaches saying so....ok...fair enough I guess.

*He* is a prick, because *you* don't believe he was hurt.

Makes since to me.....except that it kinda doesn't.

[ QUOTE ]

So he did speak to the fans? He did give interviews?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not speaking after the game or giving interviews makes him a prick?

If that's what makes someone a prick, then I guess you got him on that one.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did he break the rules? No. Did he cheat? Yes. The rulebook cannot possibly include everyone single thing that you should not do.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "rulebook" actually has a very clear description called teh "MLB Steroid Policy".

And Bonds has not violated that policy.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice article. Of course, even his "thirteen things to like about Barry" include some things that aren't exactly from Dale Carnegie's books (calling Costas names, pretending to hunt for an ESPN reporter he doesn't like).

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...nobody compared him to Carnegie....although I seem to remember someone equating him in some for or another to Hitler....

OH RIGHT!...that was you!

He's Barry Bonds, dude. Carnegie nor Hitler ever sniffed 762 homeruns, they are irrelevant to the discussion.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RedBean,

Is it at all unreasonable that people still believe that OJ is a murderer, much in the same way people still believe that Bonds juiced up, even though neither has been "proven" to any standard you'd like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do folks always seem to draw on Hitler or OJ comparisions?

I mean for pete's sake, guy, we're talking about a baseball player.

If you insist on comparing him to anyone relevant, a record breaking athlete in his own sport who was a legitimate client of BALCO, let's use Dan Marino.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:41 PM

The anecdotes surrounding Bonds' last appearance at AT&T, and then not playing in LA reminded me of a tidbit of trivia about Ted Williams: homered in his last a bat at home and then I don't think he even accompanied the team on it's last road trip. Something like that. Someone will know.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
RedBean,

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do folks always seem to draw on Hitler or OJ comparisions?

I mean for pete's sake, guy, we're talking about a baseball player.

If you insist on comparing him to anyone relevant, a record breaking athlete in his own sport who was a legitimate client of BALCO, let's use Dan Marino.

[/ QUOTE ]

You did not answer the question. Please to be doing so. Or, do you simply realize that just because someone hasn't been proven guilty doesn't mean they didn't do it?

You say Bonds hasn't broken the MLB steroid policy. If you came here and said he hasn't been CAUGHT, nobody would be able to disagree with you. You come on here and completely sidestep a VERY legit question that I pose and think I'm going to be like "damn, RB sure owned THAT one..." then you're wrong.

I think he took steroids and you think he didn't. However, nobody with half a brain (and I know you're at least moderately intelligent) could say there's no similarity between your defense of Bonds and the OJ situation.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The anecdotes surrounding Bonds' last appearance at AT&T, and then not playing in LA reminded me of a tidbit of trivia about Ted Williams: homered in his last a bat at home and then I don't think he even accompanied the team on it's last road trip. Something like that. Someone will know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, nice recall on that one.

Of course, it was Ted Williams, not Barry Bonds, so it doesn't matter t the people who have a problem with Bonds missing the last three games. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Red Bean > *

Victor, I'm surprised by you in this thread, because you're a sharp guy and you're missing RB's point.

It's not that Bonds isn't a dick/cheater/whatever. It's that relative to how other players are covered Bonds is treated MUCH differently. The non-Bonds stories simply serve to illustrate how people respond to these types of things when they don't involve Barry.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you nut huggers are missing my point. it doesnt matter that bonds is treated differently. hes still "most likely" a prick. and yes, thats bc the media tells me so.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You did not answer the question. Please to be doing so. Or, do you simply realize that just because someone hasn't been proven guilty doesn't mean they didn't do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

So because I neglect in derailing the thread into a discussion of OJ's guilt or innocence, then it must mean Bonds is somehow culpable despite it not being proven?

Um...I got a novel idea....how about we discuss the merits surrounding the allegations against Bonds when determining whether or not it has been proven.....rather than...you know....referring to a completely irrelevant and inflammatory double-murder trial?

Call me crazy, but it's just a thought.

[ QUOTE ]

You say Bonds hasn't broken the MLB steroid policy. If you came here and said he hasn't been CAUGHT, nobody would be able to disagree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonds has never violated the MLB Steroid Policy. Period.

That is an indisputable fact. People can continue to disagree all they want, that doesn't change that fact.

[ QUOTE ]

You come on here and completely sidestep a VERY legit question that I pose and think I'm going to be like "damn, RB sure owned THAT one..." then you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think my belief regarding OJ's guilt or innocent is a legitimate factor in whether or not Bonds took steroids?

That's a new one to me....and trust me, bro...I been doing this a loooong time.

[ QUOTE ]

However, nobody with half a brain (and I know you're at least moderately intelligent) could say there's no similarity between your defense of Bonds and the OJ situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow....

I mean, seriously.

Just...wow.