Ana Beatriz Barros 220 57.89%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

Oldboy!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is not that they never will tell you only that they will not tell you for some time. Most legal jurisdictions do allow for detainment without a showing of cause under certain circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that if FTP decides that you are guilty, you will *never* see the evidence against you, and will only have a vague idea of what you were charged with in the first place.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:33 AM

ftp support is seriously the biggest [censored] joke ever and they should be shut down untill they employ non retarded human beings that can read, speak english and can type on a key board. untill then they should burn in hell.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello xxxxxx,

We can certainly understand your concern regarding the status of your
account; however, if you have not been involved in any wrongdoing you
have nothing to worry about.

We are still investigating the issue and appreciate the information you
have offered to date.
Please note that the length of time being taken is to ensure the correct
decision is made in a complex situation.

A final decision regarding the status of your account will be reached
within this week. Rest assured, you will be informed as soon as
possible.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Regards,

James M
Security and Fraud
Full Tilt Poker

MY RESPONSE:

You say, " if you have not been involved in any wrongdoing you
have nothing to worry about."

Was this said to assuage my fear? Seriously?

Do you understand how completely freaky it is , to have $47,000 frozen on an offshore gambling site, where you've given me no human to contact directly? To not be able to physically walk into an office, present myself, shake hands with a person in charge, , and ask to see the reason for the suspension of my account? To have no documents e mailed to me to review? To not be able to confirm nor refute whatever information that may or may not be damning to me?

I have no idea who you people are. I have no idea what your motives may be. I have no idea what /who /why /when nor what is involved. I have no way of defending myself whether I'm innocent or guilty.

What assurance do I have that I am going to get my money back? You have given me absolutely no information, asked me 2 questions and have kept me in the dark for almost 3 weeks.

What if you decide that I have been involved in "wrongdoing"? Are you prepared to tell me what that might be? Will you allow dialogue that I may refutably dispute whatever charges you might level against me? Or will you just decide, nah, not really not interested in your feelings, thoughts, evidence , in this particular case. We'll just keep your money here and please leave us alone. Perhaps this would not be the case, but trust issues with online sites are not at an all time high.

Forgive me for being an American, but in America, when someone has an account frozen by a bank or any other type of financial institution, or if they've been accused of a crime, they have the right to disclosure. They have the right to review the charges against them.

Granted , you have not leveled any accusations against me. As I stated before, I have done nothing wrong, but I'm in America and you are not. I have no idea how you conduct your business, nor what constitutes a fair and unbiased investigation in your eyes.

I have been an online poker player for a very long time. I want online poker to be the best that it can be. I would hope that if I were ever to be scammed , that you would be as diligent as you have shown yourself to be in this situation. I'm just afraid that you may decide I'm a bad guy and that will be that and you will allow me no way of proving otherwise.

I cannot imagine what you information you could possibly have that would indicate any wrong doing on my part. I try and live my life with truth and honor. I'm not the nicest chatter.. I swear and I get pissed, but I'm not a cheater.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can always go to the press about this. Online poker has been in the focus recently, and I'm sure they'd love a story on the risks of playing online that didn't involve the cheating by players, but rather the security of one's money in the sites.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can always go to the press about this. Online poker has been in the focus recently, and I'm sure they'd love a story on the risks of playing online that didn't involve the cheating by players, but rather the security of one's money in the sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
Brilliant - any more bright ideas
Old 10-31-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Brilliant - any more bright ideas

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless, you'd think that a site like FTP would be more concerned about someone in the same position as the OP going to the press and would take steps to avoid having this happen.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately it still hasn't been made clear what is the basis of this particular investigation. I can't see how at least a general comment about its focus could prejudice FT in any way. It's very unfair to keep the player concerned in the dark and the rumour mill will keep grinding until that's fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's imagine FTP handled this the 2+2 way ...

1. Thieves hack a bunch of player accounts and dump $100K in stolen chips to various confederates.

2. The money is dumped from account to account as the thieves try to clean it up so someone can withdraw it.

3. A bunch of the tainted money winds up with JoeDumDum.

4. JoeDumDum loses $15K to OP.

5. FTP steps in and suspends many accounts including JoeDumDum and OP.

6. FTP explains to OP that her account is suspended because she is suspected of receiving a stolen money chip dump from JoeDumDum.

7. OP comes to 2+2 and tells her sad story including the part about JoeDumDum.

8. After the longest month of his life, FTP eventually establishes that Joe won the money from the thieves by accident. Joe and OP are both cleared by FTP and their accounts are unfrozen.

9. Joe sues FTP for libel and not keeping his account information private. FTP loses and the whole case is covered in the mainstream press.

Oops. I really don't blame FTP for not explaining a half-completed investigation. This investigation may affect a lot of people. Things that are said cannot be unsaid.

You guys are really going to freak out if FTP exonerates OP but never explains what happened, but that could easily be the right thing to do. Just as long as there is an appropriate apology and financial compensation they shouldn't be expected to explain their suspicions.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:23 PM

they should AT LEAST be in contact via the phone on a regular basis.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I have no problem with FTP having her her account closed, the money will be taken, and she will never be given a clue as to what she has apparently done wrong, if she was guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you'd have no problem with the police arresting you and throwing you in jail, without ever telling you what the evidence is against you or giving you a chance to defend yourself, if they believed that you were guilty.

Or your bank seizing your accounts and accusing you of bank fraud, without ever telling you what the evidence is against you or giving you a chance to defend yourself, if they believed that you were guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you can't read, so i'll break it down for you. Bobo said "if they were found guilty, then..". which means i don't care if they do all those things AFTER they have found her guilty, not while they are investigating.

I dont believe that there has been any cases where FTP has seized someone's money without overwhelming evidence of the person's guilt.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ftp support is seriously the biggest [censored] joke ever and they should be shut down untill they employ non retarded human beings that can read, speak english and can type on a key board. untill then they should burn in hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes they shoudl do that to make YOU happy, and forget about all the other customers they have that make then the 2nd biggest poker site on the market!