Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which would win?
A duck the size of a horse 36 56.25%
100 duck sized horses 28 43.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: POG Championship - POG Mayor Game Thread

well, im a little disappointed that Zurvan didn't kill me.

kokiri for mayor

this might be my one and only post for this day
Old 09-11-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm running for mayor. if you choose to vote for me please include the name of who you would like eliminated should i be elected. my only campaign promise is that i will eliminate the consensus decision.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alex Jacob for mayor - eliminate Alex Jacob
Old 09-11-2007, 12:21 AM

My analysis is the following, we have basically three positions.
-zurvanism.
-apathy
-Centrists

Right now we have 5 zurvanists, Im not going to count bulletproof as a zurvanist, he knows he wouldnt win the game if only zurvanists were left.
On the Anti-zurvanism position we have me ,dusting and Kokiri. Im basically stuck with antizurvanism for the rest of the game which isnt the case for kokori and dusting.
On the center is everyone else.

The situation is quite simple, if a zurvanist gets elected Im probably gone.

I propose we vote nich instead because if the anti-zurvanist start getting eliminated zurvanism will get stronger and stronger. I cant really propose an anti-zurvanist because of the stigma attached to anybody voting for them,however with nich someone can vote for him without having zurvan hatespeech on his face.

Im well aware that nich might eliminate me, but I think that its better for the center if they get rid of a zurvanist this round.

Vote Nich for mayor
Old 09-11-2007, 12:24 AM

Im willing to vote for anyone that doesnt support FPSers genocide early on the game.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:26 AM

Val,

i think your analysis is pretty good. Nich is a good vote.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:57 AM

here is my analysis:

The Zurvanites only need 7 votes now for majority control, not 8. They have 6 if we include Eskimo, and Spook could easily join them.

There is pretty much no chance that any sort of anti-Zurvan faction gets going, so Zurvanites are going to get elected mayor everyday, and everyday a non-Zurvanite is going to get killed, until there are no non-Zurvanites left. This is inevitable.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:45 AM

dustin no one likes a defeatist.

there are 7 people who did not vote for Zurvan on the first day. so we aren't drawing dead.

let me re-announce my candidacy. a vote for aj is a vote for choice! remember to include who you want eliminated with your vote (or, you may abstain if you wish). i will eliminate the consensus choice.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:14 AM

Dustin, we basically need to convince the weak zurvanists that joining that alliance is not their best bet.
Also I just realised that Zurvan argument of loyalty is awful( as opposed to just useless or rhethorical like most of the others), if you are a centrist its better to join the backstabbers than an alliance when everyone is nice. If you join the backstabbers u have a shot of winning because dustin may attack me, i may attack kokiri,etc. However if you join mets and zurvan you are not going to be able to turn any of them into each other which will result in you being 6th or something.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:19 AM

Everybody, im intrested on youre thought in my game theory aproach( or the "oh noes sleazy spike vote!" aproach if u prefer)of punishing with 3 votes on the hypothetical final against the last person to seal the deal for the zurvanists.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dustin, we basically need to convince the weak zurvanists that joining that alliance is not their best bet.
Also I just realised that Zurvan argument of loyalty is awful( as opposed to just useless or rhethorical like most of the others), if you are a centrist its better to join the backstabbers than an alliance when everyone is nice. If you join the backstabbers u have a shot of winning because dustin may attack me, i may attack kokiri,etc. However if you join mets and zurvan you are not going to be able to turn any of them into each other which will result in you being 6th or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

how the idea came about that Zurvan's group is the trustworthy group and that we are going to be backstabbing each other, I have no idea.

I do agree that its a myth that everyone in their group is on equal footing. I think Bravos and Eskimo dont have nearly the same chance of making it as far as the other 4- and while Eskimo maybe will shift his vote, I don't see Bravos doing so.

Alex,

I'm not opposed to voting for you.