Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Cheating in Online Poker

I thought people were OKAY with multiple accounts, just not playing multiple accounts in the same tournaments?

I see perfectly valid reasons for wanting new names, particularly in cash games that have regulars.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i didnt say that, shaun. i'm pretty sure everyone knows i changed sn's a lot because i would be staked numerous times and i liked being anonymous in 3/6 and 5/10 cashgames.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm speechless that you just throw this out there as though it's not only not a big deal but a perfectly reasonable explanation. You broke the rules and created multiple accounts for the express purpose of gaining an edge over opponents who followed the rules. You knew who they were, but they didn't know who you were. And you are offering this as justification? No no guys I wasn't multi-accounting, I was cheating in a completely different way!

LOL witchhunts indeed.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh, and seriously: it's hilarious that I'm the only high stakes player providing details ITT, and I also happen to be the one getting bitched at the most for not spilling a bunch of info I don't have. I really like the direction the thread is going and wish you all much success, and on that note, it's time to go get a sandwich.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You know who continues to upset me more then anyone? ActionJeff. Where is he in all this? He started it. He claims to have SPECIFIC knowledge about who has cheated. I would like to believe he is just quietly reporting everything he knows to Stars, but I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw I'm the guy Paul reported to stars. everyone knows ive had multiple accounts, i guess the knowledge just reached Paul yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I totally didn't see this one coming at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Adanthar, when I learn that people are breaking the rules relating to games at which hundreds of thousands of dollars are at stake, I actually report them for it. Very disappointing to me and many others that the same apparently cannot be expected of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah man, when I look up 'multiaccounting cheaters' on my Rolodex, I definitely think of Clayton. not that I knew he had multiple accounts (I really didn't), but Clayton is totally the guy everyone had in mind here. that ridiculous cheater that I for one am thoroughly suspicious of.

this thread is really going places now. let's all take on ActionJeff for merely alerting everyone to the problem next!
Old 07-27-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought people were OKAY with multiple accounts, just not playing multiple accounts in the same tournaments?

I see perfectly valid reasons for wanting new names, particularly in cash games that have regulars.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are reasons for it, but that doesn't make it ok. That is definitely cheating when you can play anonymously when other players are "known" at that level.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:19 PM

On Cake Poker you're allowed to change your screen name once a week.

I knew about Clayton's screen name changing but didn't report, because I knew he wasn't multi-accounting (and frankly isn't a big name mtt player...people will treat cnew the same as bluelabel or w/e...it's not like AJunglen7 is suddenly isuckatpoker55)

*shrug*
Old 07-27-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Having more then one account is expressly prohibited.

And LOL at Clayton being surprised that people are upset at someone having 8 different accounts on one site in the post-Zee/JJ era.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:22 PM

it should be noted that the anon in cash thing was as a result of being staked a few times. i just said i enjoyed it, it wasnt the reasoning for my switching.

since ive nothing to hide since stars is abt to nail me i suppose, the first acct was a stake in a family members name, but stars shut that down. this lead to january, where i used a name in cash on stars and was fairly successful until around april.

@ this point i disliked being anon and wanted to do something tournament-wise, as all the names i used on diff sites were all different. so, my staker agreed to let me create new accounts on every site, all in the same name, so i could become a pocketfives allstar.

and that leads us to now.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh, and seriously: it's hilarious that I'm the only high stakes player providing details ITT, and I also happen to be the one getting bitched at the most for not spilling a bunch of info I don't have. I really like the direction the thread is going and wish you all much success, and on that note, it's time to go get a sandwich.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You know who continues to upset me more then anyone? ActionJeff. Where is he in all this? He started it. He claims to have SPECIFIC knowledge about who has cheated. I would like to believe he is just quietly reporting everything he knows to Stars, but I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw I'm the guy Paul reported to stars. everyone knows ive had multiple accounts, i guess the knowledge just reached Paul yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I totally didn't see this one coming at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Adanthar, when I learn that people are breaking the rules relating to games at which hundreds of thousands of dollars are at stake, I actually report them for it. Very disappointing to me and many others that the same apparently cannot be expected of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah man, when I look up 'multiaccounting cheaters' on my Rolodex, I definitely think of Clayton. not that I knew he had multiple accounts (I really didn't), but Clayton is totally the guy everyone had in mind here. that ridiculous cheater that I for one am thoroughly suspicious of.

this thread is really going places now. let's all take on ActionJeff for merely alerting everyone to the problem next!

[/ QUOTE ]

Serge,
He isnt talking about Clayton. You specifically said you had knowledge of people that multi-account but because you werent 100% you wouldn't say anything you would let someone else out them. C'mon man. It isnt up to you to know 100% either way, alert the sites of the names and let them do the research. I legitimately expected more out of you as a poster and a person in that I expected your morality to really kick in here and want to assist the cleaning up of the game.
~Justin
Old 07-27-2007, 12:24 PM

UCLA has taken this to new levels of naivety, wow.

I guess I should be glad Im an unknown, I might get reported for my old play money account:/
Old 07-27-2007, 12:25 PM

justin,

his knowledge is of people that multi-accounted, that would infer using multiple accounts at the same time, something i did not do. my useages of accounts moved linearly. just felt the need to be a nit.