Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Prop bet thread

Everyone seems really really sure that a small number of guys can beat a large number of girls, even at low contact sports. I think anyone with a harem of athletic girls and some extra money would do very well with the posters in this thread.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone seems really really sure that a small number of guys can beat a large number of girls, even at low contact sports. I think anyone with a harem of athletic girls and some extra money would do very well with the posters in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

we can only hope this anyone arrives.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:12 PM

God willing LA. God willing.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To those interested in the 1v1 basketball bet...

You should contact them via facebook. Or I can.

I guess we basically just say, me and my friends want to bet a couple grand with each other that a guy we know could beat you 1v1. Would you like to participate?

Btw, i would love some action on this, but am busto. If somebody takes the girl side, i'll buy a piece of your action or something.

As soon as we have a taker on the girl side i guess we can gogogogogo on the contact. Tasha Humphrey would be my first choice, but if you know of any others, feel free to include them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, pretty sure there are a LOT of guys that didn't go to college for one reason or another playing on the streets of NY or Chicago or whereever that would really own a girl one on one; not to mention one on one is where most of those guys shine and their quickness would just baffle the female.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ship,

from my understanding, we are talking about a guy who describes himself as a good college intramural player. Obv. if we went to rucker park we cuold find some guys to dominate any girl ever, but a couple things make me think that your normal 'good intramural player' would get beaten.

I've played with some elite level girls, and it aint to be laughed at. Some of these girls are rough. I remember reading a column by an ESPN guy who played DII basketball or something, and was now like 30. He 'tried out' for a WNBA team, and got beat the hell up. Interesting article, basically he got bullied in the post a lot. I think the phsyicality can't be understated, bc the offerer described himself as 6'0 and 160, and Tasha for instance is 6'3, built big, and tough. She'd bully him around, basically, not to mention being a far better shooter than most intramural level guys.

Of course, OP could be skip-to-my-lou, but i think this is a very interesting bet, and if it goes down i'm buying a piece of the girl.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we can only hope this anyone arrives.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have the girls. pm me if you have the money.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
only $100k to walk from seattle to miami...wtf is wrong with you? I need wayyyyyyyyyyy more money to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to Mapquest the shortest route is 3,287 miles. Average human walking pace is about 3 mph so by walking 10 hrs/day it would hypothetically take about three and a half months. Of course this routes assumes walking on all roads is allowed (Its illegal to walk along some interstates, I could be wrong).

I think a more realistic plan would be to walk 6 days/week with one day of rest. You could make planned stops in towns and cities along the way but I think carry a small tent would be more efficient. Crossing two many mountain ranges would be quite physically taxing I would presume and at least some training would be needed.

140-180 days seems like a reasonable time frame. 100k would be reasonable to me, not that I have that type of money to put up for myself, but I would probably look to get sponsored some way and put together a walk-a-thon type charity fundraiser as well. Intriguing...
Old 07-29-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To those interested in the 1v1 basketball bet...

You should contact them via facebook. Or I can.

I guess we basically just say, me and my friends want to bet a couple grand with each other that a guy we know could beat you 1v1. Would you like to participate?

Btw, i would love some action on this, but am busto. If somebody takes the girl side, i'll buy a piece of your action or something.

As soon as we have a taker on the girl side i guess we can gogogogogo on the contact. Tasha Humphrey would be my first choice, but if you know of any others, feel free to include them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, pretty sure there are a LOT of guys that didn't go to college for one reason or another playing on the streets of NY or Chicago or whereever that would really own a girl one on one; not to mention one on one is where most of those guys shine and their quickness would just baffle the female.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure anyone in this thread disagrees with that (if you do, you need to give me odds!).

Thing is, I got cut from my high school basketball team, and come from the "streets" of Eagle River, AK. The vast majority of my basketball experience comes from playing people with no success beyond high school, and usually not even that.

There are likely 10,000+ players I would back instead of me in this bet. I can think of at least 8 who graduated from my local high school within the last 4 years.

If the issue is trusting me to be honest about this, I would be happy to hear suggestions about what I can do about this. There isn't any video of me playing anywhere, and anything I do now would be tainted by possibly faking skill levels (if you don't trust me anyways). The best I can think of is to link this post where I show I would be apprehensive about playing in the best city leagues in Alaska.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:07 AM

Also, I would like to put money (up to 1k) on the guys side in the 7 vs 11 guys/girls soccer game at even money. Is there anyone who will take my action?
Old 07-29-2007, 12:08 AM

look, when i was 15, my club team routinely scrimmaged a colleg (albeit div 3) girls team and it was ugly. i remember playing 9 on 11 at least. we dominated so bad it was pathetic and boring. in high school i practiced with a few of the the top girls talents who went to div 1. they werent close.

further, you are understimating how good some 17 yr olds are. there are hundreds of kids out there that can simply dribble your whole team. it would take 2-3 girls to guard one boy with good skills in possession of the ball.

with a numbers advantage its possible the girls would have the skill and tactical execution to control the ball and build up dangerous attacks. but from a 1v1 or 1v2 scenario i simply dont see girls stopping talented young men.

unfortunately, this bet will never go down bc i doubt i would ever find kids willing to fly from ohio to vancouver for nothing and i wouldnt want to compromise their amatuer status.

10-20k is not motivation enough. 100k and i might put some effort into this so if you can find some backers i will look into it.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:09 AM

I will play any women in the world tennis for up to 5 million dollars. I was ranked 832 in the world back in 2002 and now way out of shape. Match would have to be in October or November.