Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: John from Cincy Thread

Milch (regarding a scene from an earlier episode in JFC):

[ QUOTE ]
The important point that I'm trying to make is that storytelling has nothing, whatsoever, to do with logic. Logic is a limping stepchild of the true processes of the spirit. It's an illusion. It's a defective little parlor trick. Associations are the way that we perceive. Electrical connections caused by the juxtapositions of experience. That's the way we are really built, and storytelling takes into account that truth.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-16-2007, 12:17 PM

&t[ QUOTE ]
Another odd thing about this show.

Milich has this writing tick that you saw all the time on NYPD Blue. Goes like this.

"He's the guy that posted above me in this thread, kidcolin"

"He's the guy that wears the mask, El Diablo;

"He's the guy that wore a tie with a short sleeved shirt, Andy"

It's really weird to see it show up hear again. Always with the name ending the phrase.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm-a go ahead and give you props for these, Dids. 'Cause intentional or not they're brilliant.

As to JFC, it makes me put down my laptop and pay attention to every word in every scene. And I still don't know WTF anything means. I've surrendered to that and am now just going where it takes me.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:40 PM

For some reason I thought it was hilarious that Dickstein's fiancee was introduced by him randomly muttering "I'm terrified of my fiancee" right before cutting to a different scene.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:07 PM

--Stop quoting "YOU HURT MY FEELINGS MOM!" when you bash the young actor. RDM does not play his mom, and he did not call her mom.

--Unbelievably awesome to see Dayton break out the sax.

--I'm glad they showed one last shot of Trixie the Whore, or I never would've recognized her.

--Jennifer Grey was in the closing credits. Willie Garson's fiance, I'm guessing? I went back and watched, and I can't tell. If it is, let me be the first one to say, "Nobody puts Baby in the corner, Dickstein!"

--"How are you?"

"How would you be, drowning in lowlifes?"

--
[ QUOTE ]
What is the meaning of the distinction between "My Father's word" and "His word in Cass' camera"?

[/ QUOTE ]

As Charlie Utter would say, "Like I'd [censored] know?"
Old 07-16-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another odd thing about this show.

Milich has this writing tick that you saw all the time on NYPD Blue. Goes like this.

"He's the guy that posted above me in this thread, kidcolin"

"He's the guy that wears the mask, El Diablo"

"He's the guy that wore a tie with a short sleeved shirt, Andy"

It's really weird to see it show up hear again. Always with the name ending the phrase.

[/ QUOTE ]

DM talks like this in real life. No, I've never met him personally, but he uses this syntax in a Deadwood commentary track, telling a story from his NYPD Blue days, where he refers to "The guy who played the lead in the first season, the red-haired guy."

I found it note-worthy at the time, given the hard feelings created by David Caruso's departure from NYPDB, that Milch wouldn't mention Caruso by name.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:45 PM

Did anyone else notice that during JFC's sermon Butchie was sitting with Kai and standing with the Yosts at the same time?
Old 07-16-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who the hell are those 2 mafia/drug dealer guys? Weren't they waiting for Butchie to come back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Butchie means more to Steady Freddy (the main drug dealer) than just a client. At least that's what I gathered in the second episode during the "[censored] watching you surf from my porch!" spiel. Maybe it's guilt, maybe he just likes him, I dunno. So he's decided to stick around and see "this" through, whatever this is. I think he plans on helping the family. He distracted the press, he said something along the lines of "it's going to be a circus for that family out here" in the car, and he just gave up a territory to a rival drug dealer so he can stick around San Diego.

His sidekick is just a goon.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:09 PM

"His sidekick is just a goon. "

this guy was on a few episodes of NYPD blue as well. I don't remember him well but he played pretty much the same character, likeable petty criminal (I think he was a snitch on blue).

also played the Greek's guy in season 2 of the wire and some studio exec in entourage.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else notice that during JFC's sermon Butchie was sitting with Kai and standing with the Yosts at the same time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and it freaked me out, until I realized a corpse was sitting between them, so nothing should freak me out at that point.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was in at least five different places while sleeping in the van. Why should anything else be logical? I don't think anything was done unintentionally.