Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero II on XBOX360. I can\'t wait!

This game almost tilts me as much as poker.

Working on 4-starring (and maybe luckboxing a 5-star) on hard right now. Jesus, it is so hard for me to be consistent it's maddening.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just 5 starred all medium last night. there were a couple tricky ones but i got there. just beat the first tier of songs on hard today. WOW... the jump from medium to hard is incredible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, easy and medium are MUCH easier since you don't have to worry about moving your hand around (just keep a finger over each button). It took me a good few attempts before I got the hang of hard, and I play real guitar.

Can't wait for GH3!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just 5 starred all medium last night. there were a couple tricky ones but i got there. just beat the first tier of songs on hard today. WOW... the jump from medium to hard is incredible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for truth!!! I certainly have to practice songs on hard before I try to attempt them. I'm even more amazed by the videos from Getthereonetime and others on Youtube. I have no chance at passing anything on expert, let alone even getting there probably.

Just have two songs left to 5 star on medium, Carry Me Home and Psychobilly Freakout. Hate those two. Institutionalized was also hard, but last night after getting a new high of 85k and 3 stars, I tried one more time and busted out with a 168k and 5 stars. Random.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for truth!!! I certainly have to practice songs on hard before I try to attempt them. I'm even more amazed by the videos from Getthereonetime and others on Youtube. I have no chance at passing anything on expert, let alone even getting there probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think one of the best things about this game is how your skill just gradually improves as you play and play and you suddenly find yourself able to do things that you couldn't even think of doing earlier. Almost like your fret hand is just jumping around on its own and your just along for the ride.

I definitely remember thinking hard was impossible, then thinking Expert was really impossible, then thinking there was NO [censored] WAY I was going to finish the seventh tier of songs on Expert, and now I'm only stuck on Hangar 18 (plus Free Bird) and I can't believe how much better I've gotten.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:36 PM

yeah i just broke through a few songs today on hard, i'm on the 4th tier i think. by the way what happens if you turn down an encore?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i just broke through a few songs today on hard, i'm on the 4th tier i think. by the way what happens if you turn down an encore?

[/ QUOTE ]

In order to get all the XBOX accomplishment points you have to turn down an encore. I don't have XBOX, but I assume when you do, you have to beat a song in the set list again to get the encore to appear. Either that or the song shows up in the set list like you haven't beaten it yet and you can select it at any time. I wouldn't worry about turning down an encore forcing to end your career.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:20 PM

about xbox live, does the xbox have a wifi adapter like the wii or do you have to plug in a cable?
Old 10-04-2007, 01:21 PM

looks like you have to buy one? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 01:22 PM

You can buy a wi-fi adapter but I think it's in the neighborhood of $100. Otherwise, you're plugging it in.

And if you turn down an encore you'll be able to select the encore from the list (you don't have to play the previous song again).
Old 10-04-2007, 01:41 PM

also where is the code for a free month of xbox live gold