Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 06:05 AM

Default Re: Another stupid ethics question

[ QUOTE ]

If you think outing a misunderstanding between two friends on a public message board and opening your friend up to ridicule is ethical, then you are right, I AM on a higher ethical plane than you. Cts claimed obliviousness, which I accept, ( although I am not happy about it), but after seeing and partaking in the carnage, you can do nothing of the sort.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait - so you typed out all of those long responses about the specifics of the "blind give back" scenario when in reality the only thing that bothered you was that he mentioned your name? that, as you see it, is the "ethical dilema" highlighted in this thread?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You may want to work on that reading comprehension. Try starting with the first 3 responses in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you are the one with the lack of reading comprehension. Those were not personal insults. Calling somebody an idiot or a retard on the internet means next to nothing, people call each other morons in every thread on 2+2. What you did was say something completely rude and out of line about a real person, let alone a highly respected and successful player like Vanessa. Honestly if you can't tell the difference between yvesaint calling you an idiot and you telling somebody they look like a man and taking shots at their sexuality then you really ARE retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, are you [censored] stupid. Read that back to yourself a few times until you understand that a personal insult is a personal insult, whether it has to do with intelligence, sexuality, race or religion. Ever call a friend gay when hanging out with him? Ever call a random stranger gay? They are BOTH insults, but the difference is PERCEPTION and INTENTION. If I PERCIEVE an insult to be personal, then to me, it is. If you INTEND an insult to be personal, then to you, it is. There is no global understanding about what is and is not an insult, and for you to classify them as such and expect others to hold to their meaning in your eyes is laughable.

Seriously, it amazes me that some of the stupidest comments may be coming from people who are absolutely brilliant at poker.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:07 AM

This thread = wow.

Its upto cts at the end of the day if he wants to forgive your inaptitude to see why you are in the wrong in this situation, after all, it is only $60 or whatever. Accept the fact that despite you having a different 'moral code', most of the intelligent posters on this board are telling you that cts did not do any wrong and you are certainly not 'owed' any money.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PS, just shot 58 at Old course at St Andrews in 15mph+ winds! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wtf, that sounds like a samoleusesque accomplishment. What you doing in Scotland?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tiger Woods 2006, yo. Only intermediate level though. I just can;t get the swing perfect enough to go higher without shooting in the 90's, so it's really not entirely impressive.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You may want to work on that reading comprehension. Try starting with the first 3 responses in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you are the one with the lack of reading comprehension. Those were not personal insults. Calling somebody an idiot or a retard on the internet means next to nothing, people call each other morons in every thread on 2+2. What you did was say something completely rude and out of line about a real person, let alone a highly respected and successful player like Vanessa. Honestly if you can't tell the difference between yvesaint calling you an idiot and you telling somebody they look like a man and taking shots at their sexuality then you really ARE retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, are you [censored] stupid. Read that back to yourself a few times until you understand that a personal insult is a personal insult, whether it has to do with intelligence, sexuality, race or religion. Ever call a friend gay when hanging out with him? Ever call a random stranger gay? They are BOTH insults, but the difference is PERCEPTION and INTENTION. If I PERCIEVE an insult to be personal, then to me, it is. If you INTEND an insult to be personal, then to you, it is. There is no global understanding about what is and is not an insult, and for you to classify them as such and expect others to hold to their meaning in your eyes is laughable.

Seriously, it amazes me that some of the stupidest comments may be coming from people who are absolutely brilliant at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

God you are [censored] retarded. I'm done trying to get through your thick head, and I think everybody else is too. Plz mods just lock this thread already.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you think outing a misunderstanding between two friends on a public message board and opening your friend up to ridicule is ethical, then you are right, I AM on a higher ethical plane than you. Cts claimed obliviousness, which I accept, ( although I am not happy about it), but after seeing and partaking in the carnage, you can do nothing of the sort.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait - so you typed out all of those long responses about the specifics of the "blind give back" scenario when in reality the only thing that bothered you was that he mentioned your name? that, as you see it, is the "ethical dilema" highlighted in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it was the "only" thing. I said it was the "major" thing, and even alluded as much in my initial response.

Really, you should try reading it. It's pretty all-encompassing.

Also, I got a PM out of nowhere earlier today from MissOt, essentially asking why I am so dumb. I had never heard of or had any contact with this poste, so at the time, I had no clue what it was about, and but obviously it was about this thread. So even before I set a single foot in this thread, I get people harassing me. I look forward to lots more of it now.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PS, just shot 58 at Old course at St Andrews in 15mph+ winds! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wtf, that sounds like a samoleusesque accomplishment. What you doing in Scotland?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tiger Woods 2006, yo. Only intermediate level though. I just can;t get the swing perfect enough to go higher without shooting in the 90's, so it's really not entirely impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol. My bad.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i was just thinking that it's pretty astounding that you're apparently a winning poker player yet you seem so incredibly dense in general.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol. My bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I could shoot 58 ANYWHERE in 15mph winds, believe me, I wouldn't spend a single minute dealing with the band of miscreants and malcontents in this thread. I'd pay someone to pay someone to do it.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i was just thinking that it's pretty astounding that you're apparently a winning poker player yet you seem so incredibly dense in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing, isn't it?

Don't mistake stubbornness for density, though.