Pacific Poker 47 6.58%
WPX 40 5.60%
William Hill 28 3.92%
True Poker 17 2.38%
I don't play Poker online 0 0%
Voters: 714. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 06:13 AM

Default Re: Going All In Before The Flop....

I actually don't play that much online but I found this online for my party poker account..I only played in these two tournaments online. I like playing live tournaments...thats why I am traveling to Tunica. Here is the link to my results on Party Poker...doesn't really say much....

pokerdb

Check for Scooter
Old 12-29-2006, 08:01 AM

I think its a bit hard for mscaces to see what is going on because he cant see through men the masters pubic hair while he is sucking his willy.

Now i have your attention MUBSman, could you please tell me what your poker coach thinks of your ability to fold aa early on in a tourney? (not in a sattelite or bubble scenario)

Negreanus quote is also something along the lines of "i like to see more than two cards before i go all in". I can remember reading it. It was written in the context of high blinds relative to stack sizes, and being continually forced all in by a weaker player. I would bet my balls that if negreanu was in the first round of wsop, and he saw an all in , and three calls, he would look at his cards.

If he saw KK or less, he would throw them in the muck faster than you ignore all logical arguments.

If he had AA, he would call in a nanosecond. Even if there was another aa, he would be favourite to chop the other players up and double up.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

First of all, THIS made my day. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aces, we're not talking small edges though. Your example of folding AA preflop is refusing to take a HUGE edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only time I suggested folding AA. Was with 3 all ins or more and my turn to act and then again only at the beginning of a tournament like a WSOP with lots of entrants and long levels before the blinds go up. That is not a huge edge...great pot odds, but not a great edge as far as winning the hand. Again any book on tournament play will tell you that pot odds are not as important in tournament play as live play.

[/ QUOTE ]
YOU ARE WRONG. IT IS A HUGE EDGE. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE THE ABSOLUTE FAVORITE IN A HAND TO HAVE A HUGE EDGE.

If 3 people push all in, and you call with AA and are 50% to win the hand, 50% of the time you gain 30,000 chips and 50% of the time you lose 10,000. That's a 20,000 chip edge. 20,000 is HUGE.

DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE A 50% CHANCE OF ADDING 20,000 CHIPS TO YOUR STACK IN THE WSOP SOME OTHER WAY? WHAT ABOUT THE CHIPS YOU HAVE TO MAKE UP FOR THAT YOU WOULD HAVE ACCUMULATED ALONG THE WAY, OR THE EXTRA POTS A BIG STACK WOULD ENABLE YOU TO WIN? CAN YOU PASS UP THIS EDGE AND STILL GET ALL OF THOSE?

You just don't know what you're talking about, and your absolute unwillingness to consider other people's opinion when you have absolutely zero credentials is maddening.

DID YOU READ THE ARTICLE I LINKED? I BET YOU DIDN'T! HAVE YOU REFUTED ANYONE'S ARGUMENTS BESIDES SAYING "IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT THE MATH"? NOPE! HAVE YOU HAD A SINGLE RESPONSE TO ANYTHING I'VE SAID? NO WAY! JUST PICK ON THE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T AS GOOD AT MAKING THE ARGUMENT, YOU TROLL.

I quit. I've dealt with enough stubborn people this week. I've won at every level I've played and if you don't want to listen to me, it's your loss. I'm sick of people who think they have some new insight into a situation that has been widely discussed and accepted and field tested and proven, and are arrogant and obnoxious about their contrarianism.

[/ QUOTE ]

And...[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].........

Thank you Nath... thread over.

STOP BUMPING THIS ffs, it pisses me off.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:17 AM

I can't wait to read the results from Tunica in January.

I hope this thread survives until then.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't wait to read the results from Tunica in January.

I hope this thread survives until then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok my little thread it's time that I let you go out on your own, I have given you life...my monster...IT'S Alive, IT'S Alive...go my thread go...go live your life. You are free now...I won't be here to help anymore...you must go live on your own. I know how they treat you...I just hope they won't kill you when I am not here to protect you. I know you can do it, I know you will live forever!!!! And when I get back from my Journey from Tunica I will show the world that I am not just some mad scientist crazy person waiting to be locked up.....no my friend...because only a genius like me could give this thread life....I will forever be a legend on Two Plus Two. Who else could say that after just a few days on the site. I went from being a stranger to a Journeyman in a matter of days...I have come a long way......bye everyone I shall miss you all!!!! And in time you will miss me too....I have turned you all upside down...got you all fired up....How did I, the new guy do all that....you have spun off, not one, not two but three new threads realated to this one.....not only have I created life, but my thread has created life....Live thread , live thread, live forever........................................... ..................by the way I will still be on poker stars on Wednesday playing $50 sit and goes if anyone wants to join...Happy New Year Everyone and may God bless you all!!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Phill S: Yes, we'd jump all over Negraneau too, but he'd never do that because he KNOWS his skill edge isn't that big.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is nonsense. Going or calling all-in preflop is for complete n00bs. Negreanu NEVER goes all-in preflop, unless very late in a tournament. He will go all-in either on the turn or, if the flop is super-safe, he push all-in on the flurn.

Thnks to the OP for starting this very important and much-overdue thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, someone who gets it!

[/ QUOTE ]
This is either the dumbest post or the greatest leveling in the history of MTT.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok my little thread it's time that I let you go out on your own, I have given you life...my monster...IT'S Alive, IT'S Alive...go my thread go...go live your life. You are free now...I won't be here to help anymore...you must go live on your own. I know how they treat you...I just hope they won't kill you when I am not here to protect you. I know you can do it, I know you will live forever!!!! And when I get back from my Journey from Tunica I will show the world that I am not just some mad scientist crazy person waiting to be locked up.....no my friend...because only a genius like me could give this thread life....I will forever be a legend on Two Plus Two. Who else could say that after just a few days on the site. I went from being a stranger to a Journeyman in a matter of days...I have come a long way......bye everyone I shall miss you all!!!! And in time you will miss me too....I have turned you all upside down...got you all fired up....How did I, the new guy do all that....you have spun off, not one, not two but three new threads realated to this one.....not only have I created life, but my thread has created life....Live thread , live thread, live forever........................................... ..................by the way I will still be on poker stars on Wednesday playing $50 sit and goes if anyone wants to join...Happy New Year Everyone and may God bless you all!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What is infuriating about you, and why this thread stays alive, is your unbelievable stubbornness. Nath gave you the best advice of the whole forum, and you chose to ignore it completely:

[ QUOTE ]
your inability to use the enter key makes your posts unreadable.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it’s not only the direct advice that you ignore. Look at all the great examples that are completely over your head. 0evg0 used a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in his very first post. Asmitty demonstrates the proper use of a link. Superuperbob shows us the preferred method of quoting other posts. Italian FX likes to use paragraphs. Nath himself, in a tour de force, shows paragraphs interspersed with quotes, and throws in a link for good measure.

But you are so stubborn or so dense that you ignore it all. Go ahead, write your article. I’m sure CardPlayer publishes 5000 word articles of one paragraph all the time.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:46 PM

bump!!
Closed Thread