Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Serious Subject Integrity

[ QUOTE ]
This whole thing makes me sad actually.

Dammit Grim!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think a $2500 settlement and apology would be a good start.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the poker community where your word is so important I can't believe Grim would brush this off so lightly. I also can't believe he did this, Grim's someone I talk to fairly often and play with a ton; up until a few days ago I would have thought nothing of coinflipping or trading tens of thousands of dollars with him, I'm kind of shocked.

Also, I showed up at the table a second or two after this happened and saw revlis' reaction and talked to both of them a bit; he seemed surprisingly calm, I think I would probably have been pretty furious.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:13 PM

Default Not Really

[ QUOTE ]
Trust me, having the trust and respect of this community is a vaulable thing. Don't piss that away.

[/ QUOTE ]

He could simply change his 2+2 SN like you did and still benefit from all the advice these forums have to offer. No biggie.

Flight_Risk
Old 09-16-2006, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Not Really

Grim,

you should realise how important having friends/contacts/people who think well of you, is in the real world. Even if you ignore the moral side of it, I urge you to make a settlement and an apology, because there will come a day when you will regret not doing so.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dammit Grim!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the poker community where your word is so important I can't believe Grim would brush this off so lightly. I also can't believe he did this, Grim's someone I talk to fairly often and play with a ton; up until a few days ago I would have thought nothing of coinflipping or trading tens of thousands of dollars with him, I'm kind of shocked.

Also, I showed up at the table a second or two after this happened and saw revlis' reaction and talked to both of them a bit; he seemed surprisingly calm, I think I would probably have been pretty furious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, revlis had 63o. He couldn't've been too upset.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:39 PM

If revlis was known to be completely honest and trustworthy on this, it's scummy by grim. He basically cheated revlis in that case.

But the thing is, does grim really know that revlis would actually go AI first regardless of his hands? I have seen people agree to do this all the time and then the person who is supposed to open-shove folds. grim has no way of knowing whether revlis open-shoved with a random hand, or only open-shoved because he happened to have a good one, and would have folded otherwise.

all these ai blind things with strangers are so retarded because of this. so it's cheating, yeah, but hardly makes me super-excited.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-16-2006, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Not Really

Grimm, just say you felt bad so you opened 4 or 5 SNGs, that'll appease the mob.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:45 PM

yad this has been pointd out before. If you don't trust the guy to shove random hands, don't accept the deal.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If revlis was known to be completely honest and trustworthy on this, it's scummy by grim. He basically cheated revlis in that case.

But the thing is, does grim really know that revlis would actually go AI first regardless of his hands? I have seen people agree to do this all the time and then the person who is supposed to open-shove folds. grim has no way of knowing whether revlis open-shoved with a random hand, or only open-shoved because he happened to have a good one, and would have folded otherwise.

all these ai blind things with strangers are so retarded because of this. so it's cheating, yeah, but hardly makes me super-excited.

[/ QUOTE ]

rev could have done something wrong, grim actually did. that is results-oriented, but you can't assume that because he had an option to cheat that he would have.

also, to all the people offering ideas for ways grim could make the situation right, he hasn't made any indication that he cares. i think first we need him to come out and apologize and ask what he can do to make it right. not that we can't debate it in theory, but i'd like to see him actually show an indication of remorse and desire to make things right.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dammit Grim!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, revlis had 63o. He couldn't've been too upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know revlis has 6 3o? He could've had A A and was pissed Grim didn't call. In the other thread he says he had 6 3o, moved in, and Grim folded. He didn't say he SHOWED his hand afterwards. Is this a trust revlis at his word thing?

Flight_Risk
Closed Thread