Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Where\'s Our Statement

The obvious implication is that you, Mason Malmuth, feel the need for a legal shield that may help prevent a lawsuit that could diminish your assets in some way.

Are you implying that you are unable to construct a statement of opinion without crossing some legal boundary?

Souldn't all who post here share that same fear? If so, shouldn't you post a major warning to all who participate in this forum?

You're playing with scared money.

That's cowardice.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:40 PM

Maybe the statement can include something about the poker carveout process. Or will that come and go before Mason speaks?
Old 10-17-2006, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where's the statement?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason's still trying to contact his lawyer who apparently is traveling around Europe without a phone or fax machine.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since I have made the (temporary?) decision to put off my burgeoning career as a poker player and cleaned out my accounts I find myself with a boatload of time on my hands. I wandered around for a couple of days trying to teach myself the "government approved" games but I'm not really good at scratchers and apparently I can't pick the right six numbers, so lately I've turned myself into an investigative reporter.

Naturally, I'm new at this and wasn't sure what to investgate first when I realized that Mason has mysteriously disappeared. So the search began...

First of all, I'm happy to report that Mason is fine. When I finally cornered him he made it clear that he still does not have a statement. But because it took me several days to finally get him to speak on the record I was able to capture several interesting quotes when Mason did not realize I was near.

Mason's wife: "Honey? Does this dress make me look fat?"
Mason: "Sweetie, I'm in the poker business. I'm not a dietician so therefore I'm cannot tell. It's not what I do. I thought you knew that."

Mason's kid: "Dad do you think the Yankees can beat the Tigers?"
Mason: "What? How should I know? I mean, it's not what I do. I can't tell you anything about baseball...I write about poker and I do that well. Baseball is something that I have no experience in."

(after a night at the movies and watching "Man of the Year" starring Robin Williams)
Mason's friend: "Man that was funny! Did you think it was funny?"
Mason: "Look, I write about poker, I am not a comedian nor am I a movie critic. There is no way I could determine whether or not that movie was funny. It's not what I do. What do you want from? I just can't comment on it."

(at dinner the following night)
Waiter: "And for you sir?"
Mason: "C'mon! I play and write about poker. That's what I do. I'm not a chef so how am I supposed to respond to questions like this? I hope my imaginary friend 'Lawyer' gets back soon...I'm friggin' starving...maybe! Don't quote me on that because I'm not a doctor. I might not be starving."

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only laughed at 4 things on 2p2: Jman's thread about scamming a scammer (absolute best), Snakes on a Plane, Raptor Christ, and now this. Well done. I'm sure even Mason laughed, if he's still alive.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where's the statement?

[/ QUOTE ]

they're too busy

Old 10-17-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would somebody just shoot and kill this thread already, and put it out of my misery?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this thread should never die. It should live forever..........or at least until we finally get to see that damn statement that we've been waiting months for.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO that this ABORTION of a thread is still live!

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta say this has become on of my favorite threads on this whole site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I don't know why I keep coming back checking the updates [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Imagine this thread going for several years waiting for mason's update. LOL
Old 10-17-2006, 10:59 PM

I just saw on the news that an Amber Alert has been issued for both Mason and his attorney.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:09 PM

DIE THREAD DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE
Old 10-17-2006, 11:47 PM

Time passes, my expectations rise. Hope this is a kickass statement.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Time passes, my expectations rise. Hope this is a kickass statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

That attorney must be on one HELLUVA vacation. How much does Mason pay that guy, anyway?
Closed Thread