Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2006, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Another PM possibly relevant to others so posted here

In PT you have to point to the Empire exe file. You can't do that if the file does not exist.

Adde
Old 03-24-2006, 07:04 PM

I don't see anything wrong with your first attempt. In fact, that's how I have it setup. I have a folder on the desktop that has that FPHG and then EmpirePoker.exe. No problems whatsoever.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:46 AM

juk,

What is the feasibility of polling the memory space of party clients running under another user's account?

It would be fantastic if we could get away with running just a single copy of FPHG.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:05 PM

Bhudson, I don't think the slowdown is because of the multiple copies of FPHG per se; it's because of the work that the multiple copies are doing scanning the memory spaces of the many Party clients.

If you had one instance of FPHG reading the memory spaces of multiple clients, it would be doing the work of multiple FPHG's, and I believe you'd have nearly the same impact. You'd save some context-switching time for the CPU, but the bulk of the time 'spent' by FPHG is spent reading and examining memory, which is a time-intensive process if you need to do it over and over. It doesn't matter that much whether the reading of each Party is run by a different FPHG, or if all of them are done by one FPHG, the same amount of reading has to get done.

There is, however, room for improvement from optimizing the code that does the reading, and I'm sure that will happen in due time.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:14 PM

thanks for this.. i installed empire and make a handhistory/username folder with a fake username and am putting the files in there.. should that be fine?

EDIT: it won't work with the "force import" however i can put them in manually. i think this is because it's not .txt.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
juk,

What is the feasibility of polling the memory space of party clients running under another user's account?

It would be fantastic if we could get away with running just a single copy of FPHG.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bhudson, I don't think the slowdown is because of the multiple copies of FPHG per se; it's because of the work that the multiple copies are doing scanning the memory spaces of the many Party clients.

If you had one instance of FPHG reading the memory spaces of multiple clients, it would be doing the work of multiple FPHG's, and I believe you'd have nearly the same impact. You'd save some context-switching time for the CPU, but the bulk of the time 'spent' by FPHG is spent reading and examining memory, which is a time-intensive process if you need to do it over and over. It doesn't matter that much whether the reading of each Party is run by a different FPHG, or if all of them are done by one FPHG, the same amount of reading has to get done.

There is, however, room for improvement from optimizing the code that does the reading, and I'm sure that will happen in due time.

[/ QUOTE ]
To answer the first question, then it is probably possible to write FPHG to be able to run as a service and therefore be able to scan all instances of the Party Poker client, in different user areas, using just a single copy of FPHG (I think, but I'm not 100% sure that it will have to be written as a service, as I doubt the Windows operating system will allow one process to read another processes's memory within another user area - this would be a huge security flaw...).

But as Mogobu already pointed out, the way FPHG works is to poll the memory of the Party Poker clients and this is a serial operation (meaning that if you have two Party Poker clients opened simultaneously then there is twice as much work for FPHG to do, three clients and three times as much work to do), so there would be very little advantage in having a version of FPHG which could read across multiple user areas (other than to save time opening multiple copies of FPHG). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Helpfully after the weekend when I get more time, I am going to try to update and optimise FPHG (I have spent no time as of yet trying to optimise the code, so there is likely a lot that can be done to speed things up).

I think it can probably do with having some kind of user interface added, and I'm also going to try to make some kind of 'fake empire installation' to save all the repeated problems/questions resulting from the fake EmpirePoker.exe method of getting it to work with Poker Tracker.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2006, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for this.. i installed empire and make a handhistory/username folder with a fake username and am putting the files in there.. should that be fine?

EDIT: it won't work with the "force import" however i can put them in manually. i think this is because it's not .txt.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the problem you are having here is that you have installed it into the hand history folder.

To get Poker Tracker to work as though you were using the old .hhf files, you should run FPHG from within the same folder as EmpirePoker.exe (<u>'C:\Program Files\EmpirePoker'</u> NOT 'C:\Program Files\EmpirePoker\HandHistory').

You then simply have to point Poker tracker at the EmpirePoker.exe and use the 'lightning bolt' option to import the hand histories as .hhf files, and not as .txt files.

.hhf = observed hands
.txt = your own hands

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PS: in the next version of FPHG, I hope to add some kind of fake EmpirePoker installation to go along with FPHG (hopefully this will clear up a lot of the confusion - I am sorry about this, as I do not use Poker Tracker myself anymore and did not foresee these problems...) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2006, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Helpfully after the weekend when I get more time, I am going to try to update and optimise FPHG (I have spent no time as of yet trying to optimise the code, so there is likely a lot that can be done to speed things up).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I wasn't quite thinking...But any optimization would be most excellent and appreciated.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:28 PM

the lightning bolt is the auto-import with the timer and force import, which i was doing in the first place.

then i selected the handhistory/username folder under add folder for empire poker, and i have it set to the .exe file for empire under program file locations.

then i moved the hhf file to the empirepoker/handhistory/username folder and did force import, didn't get anything.

the program is being run from the empirepoker main folder.

the problem is the lightning bolt refers to text files specially not hand history files. that's why i had to do manual import, it's the only thing that lets me select non text files.

ive' also tried auto import party and affiliates which mentions observed hands but also doesn't do it.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the lightning bolt is the auto-import with the timer and force import, which i was doing in the first place.

then i selected the handhistory/username folder under add folder for empire poker, and i have it set to the .exe file for empire under program file locations.

then i moved the hhf file to the empirepoker/handhistory/username folder and did force import, didn't get anything.

the program is being run from the empirepoker main folder.

the problem is the lightning bolt refers to text files specially not hand history files. that's why i had to do manual import, it's the only thing that lets me select non text files.

ive' also tried auto import party and affiliates which mentions observed hands but also doesn't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't make sense -- the lightning bolt is the auto-import, but within that window there's ANOTHER window that will let you configure your import of observed hands (HHF files) -- sounds to me like you have the "do NOT import observed hands at this time" checkbox checked.