Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Ask TheMetetron about living in or visiting Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hey I'm having a party tonight at 1571 Ayachucho PB. Its for my old rugby team that is finishing up a tour here to Argentina. Come if you would like. Bring chicks. They can get a little strange but should be fun.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Ask TheMetetron about living in or visiting Buenos Aires, Argentin

[ QUOTE ]
Hey I'm having a party tonight at 1571 Ayachucho PB. Its for my old rugby team that is finishing up a tour here to Argentina. Come if you would like. Bring chicks. They can get a little strange but should be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me make this a better advertisement:

AYACUCHO 1571 PB IN RECOLETA.... FREE BEER AND LOOSE WOMEN!!! GET YOUR DRINK ON WITH THEMETETRON!!ZOMG!!1

How can you resist?
Old 03-03-2007, 07:56 PM

reply from TheMetetron:

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah the only thread I answer now is the one in the El Diablo forum. Anyways, this is a crappy situation. I'll see what I can answer.

1) If cost isn't an issue, go with the British or German hospitals. You will have people who speak English and the facilities will be top notch. I mean there is free public health care, but if you don't speak Spanish I don't think you will be able to navigate it.

2) If walking is a problem, just find someone to come to your place to teach you Spanish. I don't have any teachers in particular I can recommend, but check out the newspaper. Don't pay more than 20 pesos / hour for someone to come and teach you. Perhaps give them a few pesos extra for the colectivo. I just realized you said you were staying in a hostel. You could agree to meet at a nearby cafe for the lesson.

3) I'm not familiar with where you are staying, but I'm sure there are internet cafes nearby. Ask the hostel staff.

4) Have you been in BA before now or were you just stopping through and got hurt? If you can't walk, either a bus tour or a remise tour is going to be your best option.

[/ QUOTE ]

wonŽt be coming out tonight but in a few days IŽd be up for meeting up with whoeverŽs here. If I meet you IŽll get you some beers.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:15 PM

Are birth control pills readily available. Do you have to go to a doctor to get them?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are birth control pills readily available. Do you have to go to a doctor to get them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that is a really random question. I'm going to say with ~80% accuracy that you need a prescription to get them. So yes, a doctor visit is probably required. I'm about 99% sure they exist here, barring some really weird thing I don't know about.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:56 AM

The Pill is available, but not sure about prescription status. I know for sure that women can just walk into a pharmacy and have a monthly contraceptive injection without a prescription. 15pesos.

This week the papers stated that the morning after pill will now be available.

Abortion is still illegal.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3. If there is nothing much I can do without being able to walk, I'd like to set up in an internet cafe somewhere and play some online poker, maybe 6+ hours a day on the days when I'm not filled up with painkillers. Anywhere you could recommend?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to use wireless hotspots for a couple of weeks whilst waiting for the cable company to install broadband.

Here's a list of hotspots in BA. The most comfortable place I found was a cafe chain called Cafe Martinez. I used the ones on Scalabrini Ortiz (3195) and also the one on Av Libertador (3598). I highly recommend the one on Sc Ortiz.....extremely cute waitress.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This week the papers stated that the morning after pill will now be available.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? As in available without a prescription? Cause this came up like 8 months ago and it was definately available then however I don't know if that was with or without a prescription.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:03 AM

you guys should move to Puerto Rico instead.

you can use the same Party account in Puerto Rico at least according to a VIP rep. I quized on this topic about 2 months ago.

of the larger US territories you can continue to play from Guam and Puerto Rico but not the US Virgin Islands.

Also you can travel to PR without a passport unlike Canada or Bahamas ie the new travel restrictions.

PR has beautiful beaches, good surfing and fishing. Decent food and music. And they are the biggest boxing fans in the world. Also the usd is the the main currency.

all that only a couple hours plan ride from miami.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:54 AM

goodguy_1,

That's the most worthless, off-topic post I've seen in a while. Congratulations!