Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Give Up Poker For True Love?
yes 293 72.35%
no 112 27.65%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: **2007 AFC South Thread**

The Colts run defense is significantly less impressive this week but they are missing both starting OLB's (Keiaho and Morris) so some dropoff had to be expected.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:41 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Vince [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2007, 03:54 PM

Run the goddamned ball colts, WTF!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:39 PM

Two weeks into the season and the weakest team in the division is the Jaguars. I never would have thought that a month ago. This is shaping up to be one heck of a season for the AFC South.

Colts(2-0): Faced a team that is most likely better than most gave them credit for. Even on an "off" day the Colts are still scary good. Back to back divison games though, and traveling to Houston might not be a walk over like it has been.

Jaguars(1-1): Somehow were losing to the Falcons but able to wake up in the 4th and put up 10 points. The defense looked lackluster in the first half, but woke up in the 2nd half. @ Denver next week is gonna tell us more of the "yeah buts."

Texans(2-0): Did they really put up 54 points in the first 2 weeks? Yeah maybe the Chiefs and Panthers aren't the greatest teams but games in the past that Houston lost. vs Colts next week is their first real test, would be funny to see the Texans in 1st in the divison 3 games in.

Titans(1-1): I'll never expect a team to win 2 weeks back to back vs divsion opponents. Especially when you have to travel week 1 then come home vs the Colts in week 2. Coming out 1-1 is a victory for the Titans. Young looked good and the RBBC might not be such a bad things for them. Have to travel to New Orleans next week for MNF.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:24 AM

Ok I took a little vacation for this weekend, so thanks for picking up the slack Needle.

[ QUOTE ]
Colts(2-0): Faced a team that is most likely better than most gave them credit for. Even on an "off" day the Colts are still scary good. Back to back divison games though, and traveling to Houston might not be a walk over like it has been.

[/ QUOTE ]

TEN was an anomoly I'd think. The Offense looked like it was sputtering, not so much the TEN's D shut them down. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think the game was really 22-20 close until the last quarter or less. Also, is TEN's field made of dust, that's one awful field.

That said, I'm a little worried about this weekend's trip to HOU (God did I just type that). I'm expecting a return to form and a 45-7 beating, but HOU has been playing very well and the chance exists for a major upset.

[ QUOTE ]
Jaguars(1-1): Somehow were losing to the Falcons but able to wake up in the 4th and put up 10 points. The defense looked lackluster in the first half, but woke up in the 2nd half. @ Denver next week is gonna tell us more of the "yeah buts."

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, JAX is looking wounded now. How they didn't crush ATL is beyond me, and that loss to TEN in week 1 still stings. Still I'm not ready to write them off just yet, and I still don't think they're going to "give" many games away, certainly not against their division rivals.

[ QUOTE ]
Texans(2-0): Did they really put up 54 points in the first 2 weeks? Yeah maybe the Chiefs and Panthers aren't the greatest teams but games in the past that Houston lost. vs Colts next week is their first real test, would be funny to see the Texans in 1st in the divison 3 games in.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% right Needle, nothing HOU's done this far matters. KC is a debacle and CAR, while noticably better than KC, is still hardly a contender. IND will be the Texans first big test and the way they've been playing thus far, they're nothing if not well prepared.

[ QUOTE ]
Titans(1-1): I'll never expect a team to win 2 weeks back to back vs divsion opponents. Especially when you have to travel week 1 then come home vs the Colts in week 2. Coming out 1-1 is a victory for the Titans. Young looked good and the RBBC might not be such a bad things for them. Have to travel to New Orleans next week for MNF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right again, the Titans started out with a tough schedule and made it through fairly well. Now they get a mixed bag with their MNF game against the Saints. On the good side the Saints aren't playing well and have shown alot of weakness, but one the flip side this could mean that NO will be at the top of their game trying to get back on the right track.

Cody
Old 09-18-2007, 01:40 AM

Week 2

IND 22 @ TEN 20

Offense=B- Nothing really stands out here except that the Offense looked out of synch. Hopefully this is just a one-off day and they get everything, timing and otherwise, back on track

Defense=C- They certainly played "Bend but don't Break" football and stopped VY when it mattered. That said this game really shouldn't have been this close. There was an excuse here however, as the Colts were without two of their starting LBs in this game, so hopefully part of the blame rests there.

Special Teams=D A missed FG and XP, not much else to say. The only saving grace here is that the field conditions were awful so maybe Adam V. isn't to blame.

Overall=C+ It's hard not to like a win, but this one wasn't particularly pretty. Hopefully they can get re-focused and carry their energy into their next game against the suddenly inspired Texans.

Cody
Old 09-18-2007, 08:32 PM

Byron L. headed to the Falcons, perhaps that Thanksgiving game between IND and ATL won't be so boring after all.

Cody
Old 09-18-2007, 10:24 PM

Jacksonville better win on Sunday. The Mets might cause me to completely snap. Why does Rutgers have a bye week this week?
Old 09-19-2007, 04:47 PM

WR Andre Johnson, who has been the largest part of the offense to date, is out for HOU this Sunday v. IND. This could spell obvious trouble for the Texans.

Cody
Old 09-19-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WR Andre Johnson, who has been the largest part of the offense to date, is out for HOU this Sunday v. IND. This could spell obvious trouble for the Texans.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO. I think even if he's borderline playable they may sit him, because they're figuring Indy wins even with a healthy A.J.

I'm upset that he was still in the game when he caught that short, meaningless pass over the middle to hurt his knee. Stupid. Just so stupid.