Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
San Jose minus Cheechoo is ugly for the Sharks. That's a big loss.

If only it was Tootoo who did that knee-on-knee... oh man!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Preds fan, so I'm probably biased (I also haven't seen many replays of it, FTR), but this collision didn't look intentional to me---I don't think it warranted a game misconduct. Anyone else, or am I just being a homer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheechoo dodged the check, Hartnell sort of stretched to get a piece of him and accidentally kneed the side of Cheechoo's knee. Not dirty as far as I saw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stretching out = kneeing. It's on PURPOSE. Pro's don't [censored] stretch out on accident. Try watching it again please...

[/ QUOTE ]

I only saw one angle on the VS broadcast last night of one of the other games. I frequent a hockey board (I have more posts there than here) and just about everyone who is not a Sharks fan is saying that it didn't look intentional.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that seals the deal now I guess. Colin Campbell should consult that forum instead (which is filled with retards, btw).

EDIT: I don't have the screen caps of the beginning (those aren't mine), but before getting close to Cheechoo his legs were together. That's a blatant knee to knee and I'm really sick of it. Witt (Preds last year) knee'd Thornton in the playoffs also.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Yes, it's all retards. Just like the retards posting on 2+2 about hockey. I actually just looked and quite a few Shark fans actually said it wasn't a suspendable play as well. Those retards.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that knee was not at all intentional - i figured a homer post was in order about that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, it wasn't intentional. Which explains why he went out of his way to stick his leg out?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea dude, those pictures prove it - same with the fact that a plane didn't hit the pentagon.

show me a youtube of it at full speed and i will judge - single shots mean absolutely nothing.

hartnell will not get suspended for that hit. and kneeing is stupid because it jeapordizes both players' knees.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
San Jose minus Cheechoo is ugly for the Sharks. That's a big loss.

If only it was Tootoo who did that knee-on-knee... oh man!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Preds fan, so I'm probably biased (I also haven't seen many replays of it, FTR), but this collision didn't look intentional to me---I don't think it warranted a game misconduct. Anyone else, or am I just being a homer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheechoo dodged the check, Hartnell sort of stretched to get a piece of him and accidentally kneed the side of Cheechoo's knee. Not dirty as far as I saw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stretching out = kneeing. It's on PURPOSE. Pro's don't [censored] stretch out on accident. Try watching it again please...

[/ QUOTE ]

I only saw one angle on the VS broadcast last night of one of the other games. I frequent a hockey board (I have more posts there than here) and just about everyone who is not a Sharks fan is saying that it didn't look intentional.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that seals the deal now I guess. Colin Campbell should consult that forum instead (which is filled with retards, btw).

EDIT: I don't have the screen caps of the beginning (those aren't mine), but before getting close to Cheechoo his legs were together. That's a blatant knee to knee and I'm really sick of it. Witt (Preds last year) knee'd Thornton in the playoffs also.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Yes, it's all retards. Just like the retards posting on 2+2 about hockey. I actually just looked and quite a few Shark fans actually said it wasn't a suspendable play as well. Those retards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doing retarded that dangers a player's career should be suspended. Even if he's not suspended, it was still a dirty move to lead with his knee and stick it out. Hartnell isn't a dirty player, but that doesn't exempt him from making a stupid or dirty place once in a while.

And yes, that site is FILLED with retards that do nothing but repeat the same [censored] over and over.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that knee was not at all intentional - i figured a homer post was in order about that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, it wasn't intentional. Which explains why he went out of his way to stick his leg out?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea dude, those pictures prove it - same with the fact that a plane didn't hit the pentagon.

show me a youtube of it at full speed and i will judge - single shots mean absolutely nothing.

hartnell will not get suspended for that hit. and kneeing is stupid because it jeapordizes both players' knees.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know he won't be suspeneded... the NHL doesn't suspend players often.

I can't find any clips showing from before the hit until after, but here's one that is close http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=270411027
Old 04-12-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Doing retarded that dangers a player's career should be suspended. Even if he's not suspended, it was still a dirty move to lead with his knee and stick it out. Hartnell isn't a dirty player, but that doesn't exempt him from making a stupid or dirty place once in a while.

And yes, that site is FILLED with retards that do nothing but repeat the same [censored] over and over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think somehow you figured out I'm talking about HFBoards and you are right, there are plenty of retards. But overwhelmingly those retards are seeing the same thing I did in the video. Those photos are overly dramatizing the point of impact, not showing the movement leading up to it.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:28 PM

quit [censored] quoting each other 8 times -

and also, i and an impartial observer saw it at full speed several times and it did not look intentional - both of us questioned him being given a five minute major. guaranteed there's no suspension. it's a tough break - it's the playoffs.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:13 PM

Yeah, and Simon's swing was "unintentional" also.
It doesn't matter if it's intentional or not, it's clearly a penalty Triumph.

The Still frames show he's leading with his knee, he planted his knee there.

Kneeing - is the act of a player or goalkeeper leading with his knee and in some cases extending his leg outwards to make contact with his opponent.

The major penalty can be assessed based on the SEVERITY of the incident. It doesn't have to be intentional to receive a major.

LMAO, exactly described the penalty he was assessed... how ODD! But I guess the NHL should hire you and your friend instead.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and Simon's swing was "unintentional" also.
It doesn't matter if it's intentional or not, it's clearly a penalty Triumph.

The Still frames show he's leading with his knee, he planted his knee there.

Kneeing - is the act of a player or goalkeeper leading with his knee and in some cases extending his leg outwards to make contact with his opponent.

The major penalty can be assessed based on the SEVERITY of the incident. It doesn't have to be intentional to receive a major.

LMAO, exactly described the penalty he was assessed... how ODD! But I guess the NHL should hire you instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

those rules are total [censored] - so standard for the results-oriented league. it's basically 'if he gets hurt, give the guy a 5 minute major and game misconduct so the other team won't retaliate that game, even if it wasn't intentional.'

what other league puts up with injury determining the severity of a foul? there's no way that was a 5 - but at least that guarantees the league won't erroneously suspend hartnell, although if cheechoo were out for the series, they would've considered it.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:23 PM

What don't you understand? You can't [censored] extend your knee out to hit a player in his knee... it's sooooooo [censored] dangerous for both players. Watch the clip... these guys are PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY PLAYERS, hockey being a sport that requires SKATING. They have complete control over their legs for 99% of the game... Hartnell STUCK his leg out TO MAKE CONTACT with Cheechoo. The NHL has a rule against this.

Tell me how it's unintentional, please. I'm going to take a guess that "his skate followed a groove in the ice which led to Cheechoo's knee.... it's destiny, man."
Old 04-12-2007, 11:23 PM

Pretty risky call as to whether it's intentional or not. I don't think they can suspend him for this, though... maybe if it was Tootoo, a player known for being overly aggressive, it might be different.

As for the games tonight... yawn, no OT/2OT/4OT? Booooring. Actually, I did watch the first two periods of CGY @ DET and that was just domination. No contest, which is what I said earlier in this thread. But the rest of the series remains to be seen, of course...