Old 11-05-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
i think 3betting 72o>>>3-betting 77 there

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^^^^^^^^
Old 11-05-2007, 05:34 PM

I usually call - I'm just sayin I don't always call and don't think it's always best.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually call - I'm just sayin I don't always call and don't think it's always best.

[/ QUOTE ]

You made a lot of good points in your follow-up post.

I'm starting to feel like the more I learn the more confused I get. Did anybody else go through this process while learning 6-max or am I just a moran...? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
micro- 77 is a value-call not an implied odds call

[/ QUOTE ]

For you I'm sure that's true, but I expect w/o impetus a lot of tighter players fold the best hand too often postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming I call with 77 in position rather than reraise (for what are now obvious reasons), I'm for sure calling the flop bet with 77 on a flop of 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I'm not so sure how I feel about calling the 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn if he bets again. Calling the river T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] has got to be pure spew unless I've got a very good reason to believe he'll only three-barrel a bluff or the nuts.

If I call the flop and he checks the turn, I can check behind and then call the river?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
micro- 77 is a value-call not an implied odds call

[/ QUOTE ]

For you I'm sure that's true, but I expect w/o impetus a lot of tighter players fold the best hand too often postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming I call with 77 in position rather than reraise (for what are now obvious reasons), I'm for sure calling the flop bet with 77 on a flop of 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I'm not so sure how I feel about calling the 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn if he bets again. Calling the river T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] has got to be pure spew unless I've got a very good reason to believe he'll only three-barrel a bluff or the nuts.

If I call the flop and he checks the turn, I can check behind and then call the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

slim obv how you play it post-flop depends on the player, bet-sizing cards etc. In your example id call flop and prob call turn, fold to a big river bet. If he checks turn yes id check it back and call river bet. If his range is so wide preflop there will be some rivers you can valuebet.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You made a lot of good points in your follow-up post.

I'm starting to feel like the more I learn the more confused I get. Did anybody else go through this process while learning 6-max or am I just a moran...? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm raising my hand.

I'm a total NL idiot, as Paster and FD can confirm. I dropped down and simplified my game. Now I'm back up and I get it a bit more and more is happening naturally and I don't get down on myself (as much) for stupid plays. Unfortunately, I'm almost as big a nit as ChrisV (not a dig on CV at all). I can change my game from LAGish to TAG to Nit as the situation requires.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:14 PM

If someone is never confused about cash games all they have to do is pay attention to HSNL and find a bunch of people who are making $50k/month+ all 100% sure they are right and 100% disagreeing with each other.

OTOH, with time and work it should become more clear.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:01 AM

Can I fold vs this guy?
45/5, habitual limp caller. Has limped a few times utg & I have raised & he's taken several pots off of me when I missed by calling & slowing me down.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($57.25)
Hero ($55.60)
UTG ($34.85)
MP ($67.85)
CO ($96.95)
Button ($60.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $3.50.

Flop: ($12.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $28.85 (All-In)</font>, Hero ?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I fold vs this guy?
45/5, habitual limp caller. Has limped a few times utg &amp; I have raised &amp; he's taken several pots off of me when I missed by calling &amp; slowing me down.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($57.25)
Hero ($55.60)
UTG ($34.85)
MP ($67.85)
CO ($96.95)
Button ($60.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $3.50.

Flop: ($12.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $28.85 (All-In)</font>, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I'd call here just to see his hand sometimes, but its very situational. Why did you check the flop?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:06 AM

what is HSNL?