75001-100000 5 7.58%
100000-150000 7 10.61%
>150000 12 18.18%
dont care /resutls please 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Re: *official 2007 red sox thread*

[ QUOTE ]
Between him and Lugo, I think he's the bigger disappointment. And for all you pedroia bandwagoners, he's been my favorite player for quite a while now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I would only agree because he's come on strong, but even when Drew was at his worst he still had a .350ish OBP.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:21 PM

Did Jerry Remy just say "threesome" and then start giggling like a schoolgirl?
Old 08-26-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Between him and Lugo, I think he's the bigger disappointment. And for all you pedroia bandwagoners, he's been my favorite player for quite a while now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Youk had the Trot "dirt dog" role well-secured. Now I'm realizing that he's going to have to battle Pedroia for it over the next 7-8 years. I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty unlikely kevin youkilis is still playing for us in 7-8 years. once he stops being so cheap (as early as next season, possibly) he becomes a lot less attractive as a corner infielder.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh, I don't know since I am listening to the wonderful White Sox announcers on MLB.tv

Although they were just celebrating the fact that the White Sox might not allow double digits today, which is pretty lol
Old 08-26-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Youk had the Trot "dirt dog" role well-secured. Now I'm realizing that he's going to have to battle Pedroia for it over the next 7-8 years. I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty unlikely kevin youkilis is still playing for us in 7-8 years. once he stops being so cheap (as early as next season, possibly) he becomes a lot less attractive as a corner infielder.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see him being trade deadline bait at some point, especially with the way he has been dropping off in the second half.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

per VORP, he's been the 10th best 1b this year. as a 3b he'd be more valuable. he's not just cheap, he's good.

he's 28, just entering his peak years. so he doesn't have 7 great years left, but a solid 3-4 I think.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it seems like he just came up-- the seasons fly by. He doesn't have a whole lot of power for a 1B, it seems like, I agree that he's much more valuable as a 3B. I could see them sticking with him, especially as it seems like they're going to let Lowell go after this season.

What I'm really wondering about is what they're going to do with the powerless outfield of Ellsbury/Coco/Drew that they have signed for the long-term after Manny leaves after the 08 season. I feel like after this past offseason, they're not going to be spending a ton of money on any free agents.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who is that and what did they do with JD Drew?

[/ QUOTE ]

i [censored] picked drew up when he had an OPS over 1.000 in july and he started sucking again right away so i dropped him. then i start vasquez b/c it's julian and the scrubs out there and [censored] jd drew hits his first HR in like 50 games off vasquez.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not honestly rooting against the Red Sox are you because you started Vazquez?

[/ QUOTE ]

no but i'd sure rather they win 2-1 instead of 7-1 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

really i don't care if he gets shelled i just didn't want JD drew to be the one to do it, i have no love for that suckbag this year
Old 08-26-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh, I don't know since I am listening to the wonderful White Sox announcers on MLB.tv

Although they were just celebrating the fact that the White Sox might not allow double digits today, which is pretty lol

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops
Old 08-26-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, yup...

And all I can say is go Detroit tomorrow, although heading into the series with a 7 game lead would still be nice.