View Poll Results: ___
Detroit 0 0%
Chicago (H) 10 100.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: LegoPoker HH Converter

[ QUOTE ]
So, I go out in my home town tonight...small town. I haven't been out much cause of a month in vegas, couple weeks at turning stone etc.

I'm engaged in lots of conversations tonight. I talked to 1212123 girls tonight. they all put me on life tilt. Most were not hot at all, or even close. The further from hot, the quicker they asked 'what do you do?' and the more judemental they were of the anwser.

The hottest girl I talked to all night was genuinely interesting in my trip to vegas (which she new some how I went to without me telling her.)

Why is the the fatter, ugly the girl the more judgemental they are? And why do they think cuase they have a university degree or something they are so special? So what? I have one too....I have a partial advanced degree, so [censored] off.

If ur better than me, it's not cause I make money playing cards. Get more creative plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chick with an attitude, no matter what she looks like, deserves to be put in her place. People with attitudes should get attitude back. The dumber ones usually can't take it and ignore you completely. The smarter ones will back down and start interacting with you in non-bitch mode.

Remember, there's only two things a single woman in a bar wants:

1) Attention from the guy who all of their friends want.
2) Attention from the guy who all of their enemies hate.

Find the women all the other women think are bitches and make them hate you (not hard). Then with a solid foothold of mutual hatred, you're free to climb all over the rest of them, and watch them scramble for you.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:08 PM

anyone who wants to swap some % or buy some % of the $530 today PM/IM me
Old 08-26-2007, 02:13 PM

I feel like a retard not know this but can someone explain this to me slowly. If you were getting 2 to 1 odds on a call and you know for sure it's a 60/40 you being the 40 how are you making money. Yes I'm a idiot at math lol.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like a retard not know this but can someone explain this to me slowly. If you were getting 2 to 1 odds on a call and you know for sure it's a 60/40 you being the 40 how are you making money. Yes I'm a idiot at math lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok so if yuo are calling 500 to win 1k, and you win 40% of the time, then 40% of the time you $1k, so .4*1k= 400, and 60% of the time you lose 500, .6*-500=-300

400-300= 100 so its +cEV
Old 08-26-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: August [censored] thread, yo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This month has been so terrible. Anyhow, a few new goals:

1) Play more on Stars. Reach Supernova by the end of the year (43k more VPPs).
2) Macbook Pro + 30" monitor. Final cost hopefully < $2500.
3) Save up for a car. Specifically a black 2002+ BMW 3-series sedan. Maybe a ZHP.
4) Travel more.
5) Get side businesses running.
6) Print this list and tape it to the wall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Stars work on mac?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe they have a mac beta in the works. However, if you get a MBP you can run Vista/XP on it in order to access stars.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2 to 1 means you are risking 1 to get two. Like you are betting $33.33 to win $66.66 or what will be a $100 pot (you get the $33 back when you win.)

Say you win that 40% of the time.

Do it 100 times and you win 40 x $66.66 and lose 60 x $33.33, which is profitable.

The confusing thing could be that if you are in this situation over and over again you will be making a profitable decision on this call, but could be losing money overall. If this hand were HU you had to put your money in badly at first to build a pot where you only had 40% equity. After that money goes in badly, you can still have a profitable call.

If a hand is 3 way, it gives you 2 to 1 immediately and if you are 40% to win it should be obvious that you should call.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok so if yuo are calling 500 to win 1k, and you win 40% of the time, then 40% of the time you $1k, so .4*1k= 400, and 60% of the time you lose 500, .6*-500=-300

400-300= 100 so its +cEV

[/ QUOTE ]

So if the blinds were 100/200 and you have 1300 chips on the button and there are 6 players left including you. Let's say utg+1 and MP limp and it's folded to you. Let's assume the limpers aren't trapping you but you don't know for sure. Let's also say you have k9s would you push or fold? So your stealing 200 + 200 + 200 + 50 which = 650 which is giving you 2 to 1 odds. So it's a good time to push? I'm trying to use the 2 to 1 odd thing in these type of situations. Good idea or not? If you had 1500 chips this would be a bad idea or no? Is this a good method of accumlating more chips in the mid game or this could be a huge leak. I started doing this more after I read collin moshan book.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: August [censored] thread, yo

[ QUOTE ]

The more posts I read of Yugo, the more I think he should have a VH1 reality show. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have huge goggles or big fuzzy hats, [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 08-26-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Any chick with an attitude, no matter what she looks like, deserves to be put in her place. People with attitudes should get attitude back. The dumber ones usually can't take it and ignore you completely. The smarter ones will back down and start interacting with you in non-bitch mode.

Remember, there's only two things a single woman in a bar wants:

1) Attention from the guy who all of their friends want.
2) Attention from the guy who all of their enemies hate.

Find the women all the other women think are bitches and make them hate you (not hard). Then with a solid foothold of mutual hatred, you're free to climb all over the rest of them, and watch them scramble for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whaaaaaaaaat?

No just get all the women to like you. This is with the caveat that it's ok to piss women off temporarily, but if they stay upset then it doesn't help you in any way. Pissing people off intentionally all the time is just being a jerk.

That being said, a lot of flirting involves teasing and comments that on paper can be fairly dickish. It's completely unnecessary to be a huge dick to anyone. I have a feeling that devin mixes up "flirting" and "testing" with women actually being jerks.

It's only attitude if you react to it as if it is.

All this being said, if a woman crosses a line and is clearly being a jerk, then you don't be a jerk back, you simply don't tolerate it. People who rule at life have boundaries and a solid reality that is healthy for themselves. If a chick keeps lashing out, then you let her know that is really lame and hope she takes care of it later if you talk again. Then you walk away to be with cool people.

Yugoslav
Old 08-26-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

400-300= 100 so its +cEV

[/ QUOTE ]

So if the blinds were 100/200 and you have 1300 chips on the button and there are 6 players left including you. Let's say utg+1 and MP limp and it's folded to you. Let's assume the limpers aren't trapping you but you don't know for sure. Let's also say you have k9s would you push or fold? So your stealing 200 + 200 + 200 + 50 which = 650 which is giving you 2 to 1 odds. So it's a good time to push? I'm trying to use the 2 to 1 odd thing in these type of situations. Good idea or not? If you had 1500 chips this would be a bad idea or no? Is this a good method of accumlating more chips in the mid game or this could be a huge leak. I started doing this more after I read collin moshan book.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very different. You could say the pot is giving you 1 to 2 (you are risking 1300 to win 650) on whether they fold or not, but then you can still win if you are called and the price for that isn't set yet.

The only time you know for sure what the final odds the pot will be laying you are when you close the action for the entire hand. This can only be done when you are calling, not raising.

You can figure the immediate odds the pot is giving you to call, in this case it's 650 to 200 (3.25 to 1), but that's not the end of the hand, there are implied odds, reverse implied odds, and whatever you call it when you just fold (losing?).

edit: If you push and it folds around to the last limper, what odds are the pot giving him?
Closed Thread