Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 10:05 PM

Default Re: I Screwed Up

Rory,

Your post really makes no sense. Quit using the term, "stolen money" when it doesn't apply here at all.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF El D?

If he has, why would he compromise himself by admitting it on a message board?

It's just a stupid question.

[/ QUOTE ]if u havent noticed there are alot of people here who would love nothing more than to give ZJ a BJ. EL D isn't one them.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 03-29-2006, 10:18 PM

To those yapping about EV plays and how I'm wrong in my arguement:

You're in the middle stages of a tourney. You have an average stack. You raise with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and another player pushes all-in and you are about even in chips.

You are fairly confident, given your time with this opponent, that he holds a pocket pair 9 or below. So you're a slight underdog.

You don't NEED to take this gamble at this point, you're in decent shape. You can fold and wait for a better spot.

Now, if you have five more accounts in play, you can consider taking the bad end of the coin-flip, because doubling up here will allow you to accumulate enough chips to really become a force around bubble time.

You might choose to take a gamble like this, because you won't have to wait until "next week" to play this same tournament.

You can play A LOT more coin-flips when you're running 6 accounts in a tournament rather than just one.

I'm not saying some players wouldn't take this gamble with just one account in the running, but it's a lot easier to make these decisions when you don't have to fear elimination.

It's kinda like me and another guy load up our pistols. We're both equally skilled in firearms, but I give him one bullet and I get six bullets in my gun. Who has the better chance of coming out of this confrontation on top?
Old 03-29-2006, 10:20 PM

grandgnu,

nobody cares about your posts, stop trying so hard
Old 03-29-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
grandgnu,

nobody cares about your posts, stop trying so hard

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 03-29-2006, 10:23 PM

grand,

I don't like and hardly ever play tourneys, but what you just said is obviously true. In fact if anyone disagrees with it, then they are saying that with 6 accounts in a tourney they would just allow them all to get ground down by the escalating blinds rather than taking more coin flips to try to get at least one account into serious contention. Thus the cheat is that with 6 accounts survival of any one account really isn't that important a consideration.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe pushing the TOC angle rather than the multiple accounts in one tournament angle takes things off track a bit. If we're just busting multiple acounts, lots of your well respected posters would be getting funds confiscated, even though they never actually "cheated."

[/ QUOTE ]

So what? That's not the point I'm making. He's claiming he had no idea what he was doing was unethical. Doing something you 100% for sure know is AGAINST Party's TOC is unethical. I'm calling his BS.

Making multiple accounts for rakeback and making multiple accounts for MTT's are both unethical practices. The only difference between the 2 is that one is widely regarded as cheating while the other is fine as it isn't used as an advantage against opponents. Both are unethical, and I doubt any rakeback multi accounters would debate this.

[ QUOTE ]
Ethics and legality are two separate issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right, breaking known rules for your own benefit isn't unethical.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
grand,

I don't like and hardly ever play tourneys, but what you just said is obviously true. In fact if anyone disagrees with it, then they are saying that with 6 accounts in a tourney they would just allow them all to get ground down by the escalating blinds rather than taking more coin flips to try to get at least one account into serious contention. Thus the cheat is that with 6 accounts survival of any one account really isn't that important a consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. They can afford to take neutral EV gambles to try and build a stack that has a shot, rather than wait for "better spots" to get all their chips in.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:27 PM

Don't worry about grandgnu. I've had the misfortune of knowing him prior to poker, and he was a hypocritical fool back then as well. The only thing that seems to have changed is that in poker he doesn't cheat himself while launching into nonsensical tirades about other cheaters.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:29 PM

bluff,

what the hell are you talking about?

The survival of each account, in terms of EV, is a very important consideration. Otherwise you're just flushing buy-ins down the toilet.