Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who pays for your education?
Parents 117 33.52%
Other relatives 10 2.87%
Student loans 52 14.90%
Financial aid 69 19.77%
You 87 24.93%
other 14 4.01%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2007, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Barry Bonds indicted

[ QUOTE ]

people tend to ignore these facts, and with good reason. if testimony is so important to the u.s. justice system, then where is niss/oski's outrage over illegally leaked testimony and the concept of privacy?

[/ QUOTE ]

riding shotgun to their love for the negro community obv
Old 11-16-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TMTTR,

What would you think if the Government spent millions of dollars, and many years of efforts to finally get enough evidence to go to trial about whether or not you jaywalked on October 21st, 1990?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is completely analogous to the Bonds/steroids issue. The similarities are almost eerie in nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

An analogous situation would be, if TMTTR jaywalked seven years ago, the cop on the scene asked him under oath if he did, and TMTTR then lied about it. DUCY?

I don't get it - you guys probably still think OJ didn't kill his ex wife, either. Just because you're an athlete doesn't mean your criminal conduct gets excused.

If Bonds had told the truth to the grand jury, he would not have been indicted today.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is their to discuss?

You think it was an appropriate use of tax dollars and time to go after one person for 4 years because of alleged steroids use.

We disagree with you.

There is no debate, agree to disagree etc etc

[/ QUOTE ]

The federal government doesn't like it when you lie to them under oath. If you're okay with perjury not being prosecutable, then you're right, there's nothing to debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet they seemingly don't care when Grand Jury Testimony is illegally leaked?

I mean seriously...
Old 11-16-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Bonds had told the truth to the grand jury, he would not have been indicted today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you're assuming that he lied. He hasn't been convicted yet.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TMTTR,

What would you think if the Government spent millions of dollars, and many years of efforts to finally get enough evidence to go to trial about whether or not you jaywalked on October 21st, 1990?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is completely analogous to the Bonds/steroids issue. The similarities are almost eerie in nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

An analogous situation would be, if TMTTR jaywalked seven years ago, the cop on the scene asked him under oath if he did, and TMTTR then lied about it. DUCY?

I don't get it - you guys probably still think OJ didn't kill his ex wife, either. Just because you're an athlete doesn't mean your criminal conduct gets excused.

[/ QUOTE ]

r u serious?
Old 11-16-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, that's pretty analogous. do you think TMTTR should go to jail for 30 years for that?

i do, but that's because he's a yankees fan
Old 11-16-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously think about this: is the cost and energy spent on the bonds indictment worth the benefit of putting him behind bars for perjury? my whole point is that it isn't even close to worthwhile.

and don't cop out of this question by comparing it to iraq, the american economy is in its worth recession in a very long time and can ill afford to waste money like this (even if it is comparatively a small amount)

[/ QUOTE ]

1. The US economy is not in a recession.

2. The U.S. Department of Justice is not responsible for maintaining the economy -- it is responsible for administration of the federal justice system, including the investigation and prosecution of those who commit perjury during federal grand juries.

3. Arugably, Bonds caused the DOJ to incur the costs when he decided to lie under oath (assuming, arguendo, guilt for purposes of this discussion).

4. How much should justice cost? At what point, do you say, beyond which expenditure, you can no longer go after an arsonist, or a murderer, or an extortionist, or a tax evader? Do you say, "hey, we've spent $100k, we can't investigate any more, the accused gets off scot free".
Old 11-16-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
as we all know, game of shadows is based on ILLEGALLY LEAKED TESTIMONY.

i dunno bout you, but i think the fact that the testimony, that legally is supposed to be kept in that room, was leaked is far worse than some of the testimony being false.

[/ QUOTE ]

people tend to ignore these facts, and with good reason. if testimony is so important to the u.s. justice system, then where is niss/oski's outrage over illegally leaked testimony and the concept of privacy?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, there was a pretty big deal made about that in the legal system, just not as much in the popular medai
Old 11-16-2007, 01:15 AM

just in case nobody has mentioned it...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.z.z..z.zzz..z.z.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 11-16-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4. How much should justice cost? At what point, do you say, beyond which expenditure, you can no longer go after an arsonist, or a murderer, or an extortionist, or a tax evader? Do you say, "hey, we've spent $100k, we can't investigate any more, the accused gets off scot free".

[/ QUOTE ]

how many times are you going to compare bonds lying about steroid use to murder, theft, terrorism, communism, etc before your brain gets squished from your head being so firmly lodged in your anal cavity?

just wondering, if you could give a rough estimate that would be plenty