Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: ******** October Omaha Low Content Thread ********

i agree.....but being culpable is sometimes inevitable as well. thats why i only play when i feel good and i dont play more than a few hours.

i believe that those few hours here and there of nothing but high quality poker is incredibly profitable.

nice graph troll. did you continue with the lag style?
Old 10-23-2007, 10:54 PM

let's be clear. I think tilt is a part of nearly every massive downswing -- it's almost impossible to take beat after beat, run into bigger hands over and over, lose every race, and still play your absolute best. however, that doesn't mean that a perfect player who never tilted would also never have massive downswings, just that he wouldn't make them worse than they already were.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:57 PM

I lost 12 BI in a day in two different sessions on two different sites. I basically lost every single time I got all my money in, and I got it in more often than not ahead. Of course during this time I got my money in behind more often than usual, but that is part of running bad as well. Getting coolered a few times doesn't make you a bad player all of a sudden. Sometimes you just can't fold the second nuts.

@Sqwisssssss....... For a pro of 4 years standing I would've thought getting to 2k from $500 would be somewhat standard. I've played Poker for 9 months (real $ since June) and have gone from a $50 free BR on two sites to over 2K. I was lucky in that I ran extremely well my first 10K hands of PLO, and have made about half my roll from bonuses. Also I have to say that what Ferguson did is a hell of a lot different to even what I have done, in that the hardest part of all that was to go from 0-50 without going busto.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

nice graph troll. did you continue with the lag style?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well not exactly but that's a different story.

The whole thing was a good process because I was previously too much of a nut peddler.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will bet you $5000 that you will have a 10 buy-in downswing during your next 100,000 hands played at the .50-1 level or higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting to look at all hands I have in Pokertracker, I would never have thought I had >10 buyin swings. I don't think I tilt, but there are stretches where I know I've played poorly and have tried out new things. The first downswing was when I read Reuben's book and started reading 2+2 and tried to be a "LAG". When someone says they are on a 10 buyin downswing, I don't ever buy that they aren't at least a little bit culpable.

It'd be nice if you could easily annotate different sections with metrics like VPIP, pre and post flop aggression, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

49K to 57K must have been awesome.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:51 PM

I [censored] HATE FULL RING askjdfhlkjasjhdlkfjahsdf

6 Max -> FR is way worse than going from FR to 6 max holy [censored] I need to play like 16 tables to stay busy
Old 10-24-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I lost 12 BI in a day in two different sessions on two different sites. I basically lost every single time I got all my money in, and I got it in more often than not ahead. Of course during this time I got my money in behind more often than usual, but that is part of running bad as well. Getting coolered a few times doesn't make you a bad player all of a sudden. Sometimes you just can't fold the second nuts.

@Sqwisssssss....... For a pro of 4 years standing I would've thought getting to 2k from $500 would be somewhat standard. I've played Poker for 9 months (real $ since June) and have gone from a $50 free BR on two sites to over 2K. I was lucky in that I ran extremely well my first 10K hands of PLO, and have made about half my roll from bonuses. Also I have to say that what Ferguson did is a hell of a lot different to even what I have done, in that the hardest part of all that was to go from 0-50 without going busto.

[/ QUOTE ]

no my friend, winning in the long run is never standard. i tip my hat to anyone who beats the game.......no matter how its done.

i pat myself on the back for acomplishing my first online goal. i congradulate you or anyone else who does the same. you are beating the game......congradulations.

i'll never consider winning "standard". its never automatic. since last month when i first deposited 500 and went to 2k, i had to battle the inner demons just like everyone else.

just like mr. fabrizio said, them downswings are lurking. i experienced an 8 buy in downswing in this online process and i know from experience.......it can easily get worse. ive experienced wayyyy wayyyyyyyyyyy worse......but i'll be ready and i'm not worried about it.

its never standard.

see you boys at the top.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
let's be clear. I think tilt is a part of nearly every massive downswing -- it's almost impossible to take beat after beat, run into bigger hands over and over, lose every race, and still play your absolute best. however, that doesn't mean that a perfect player who never tilted would also never have massive downswings, just that he wouldn't make them worse than they already were.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2007, 12:34 AM

sqwissss are you drunk lol
Old 10-24-2007, 12:55 AM

lol, no just bored.

if you think i sound drunk here, you should read the crap i wrote on the cyndi viollette thread in nvg.