Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

Eagles can still win 10+ this year. Toughest game is at NE, but Dallas should come back to earth, the Redskins are a defensive breakdown waiting to happen, and Giants are inconsistent. Virtually every game is winnable.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We lost by one score to 2-2 New York while missing five starters, 4 of which have gone to multiple probowls.

Yeah, that's just a terrible team right there. [ QUOTE ]

Even John Madden said that the way NY's defense was playing, it didn't matter who Philly put out there last night.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:59 PM

While I'm still not panicking, I'm disappointed with what I'm seeing from McNabb. One of the, if not the main reason he was so successful in the past was his ability to make the first guy miss and get away from pressure. Though the line was obviously terrible yesterday, I don't remember him breaking a single tackle the whole game. In fact, it looked like he ran into at least a couple of those sacks by himself. I don't know if it's still the injury or if he's simply lost a step or two, but this is a major problem. The accuracy this season is not much different than in the past imo, but his ability to make plays with his legs, either scrambling or throwing on the run, was what made him an elite quarterback.

As an aside, I never understood McNabb's reluctance to be known as a running quarterback. You're supposed to use your skills to give your team the best chance to win. Throughout his career, I've seen him pass up obvious running opportunities in favor of throwing the ball, especially early in games. I don't know why he has always felt the need to be a "pocket passer," when that clearly wasn't going to be the best use of his skill set. It's almost as if he sometimes cares more about his reputation than winning (could this be the IT that PokerFink was referring to?).

Still, it's important to remember that Westbrook is the MVP of this team, and without him, our two most important players on defense, and our LT, it's somewhat understandable that we would look this bad.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:03 PM

The Eagles offense goes with Westbrook no matter how good Buckhalter looked last night. And with that being said Brian Westbrook should be nicknamed "Fragile" because as sickenly good as he is he should be handled with care.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I'm still not panicking

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither, 9-7 is good enough for the wildcard and who knows from there. We have some easy games coming up.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm disappointed with what I'm seeing from McNabb. One of the, if not the main reason he was so successful in the past was his ability to make the first guy miss and get away from pressure. Though the line was obviously terrible yesterday, I don't remember him breaking a single tackle the whole game.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. And it's weird, because early in the season, one thing I noticed was that he could still get away from that first guy. It's been clear all season taht he no longer as the burst for big time scrambles, but atleast he was getting out of the pocket. Last night he couldn't even do that.

[ QUOTE ]
As an aside, I never understood McNabb's reluctance to be known as a running quarterback.... It's almost as if he sometimes cares more about his reputation than winning (could this be the IT that PokerFink was referring to?).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to the ability to lead and inspire a team, and let it show so that everyone can see it.

[ QUOTE ]
Still, it's important to remember that Westbrook is the MVP of this team, and without him, our two most important players on defense, and our LT, it's somewhat understandable that we would look this bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Westbrook, Lito and Dawkins wouldn't have made a lick of difference last night. What more could you want from the defense? What more could you want from the running game? We needed Tra, and we needed him bad.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:34 PM

I think the "IT" question for McNabb was answered when he started dry heaving during the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl.

I hope Tra Thomas isn't out for too long. If he is I think they will have to move Todd Herremans over and plug Jean-Guilles? at left guard.

Not really surprised about McNabb though. I expected him to stink early on and gradually get better as the season goes along. We'll have to see how he looks against the Jets in 2 weeks since last night he had no chance to even make any throws down the field.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:51 PM

Im also tired of McNabb being out of shape. He has been fat the past two years.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know why anyone thinks this team is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't understand your reverse homer bias.

We narrowly lost to 4-0 Green Bay.
We lost by one score to 2-1 Washington.
We destroyed 3-1 Detroit.
We lost by one score to 2-2 New York while missing five starters, 4 of which have gone to multiple probowls.

Yeah, that's just a terrible team right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't think they're much worse than anyone else in the NFC but man, I can't see twisting a home game vs. the Skins into anything other than a bad loss. If they beat them like they were supposed to, the 2-1 Skins are the 1-2 Skins whose only win came vs. a bad team in overtime. Last night was pretty ugly too. GB you can give them a pass on.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope Tra Thomas isn't out for too long. If he is I think they will have to move Todd Herremans over and plug Jean-Guilles? at left guard.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably a good idea. I wasn't particularly impressed with Jean-Gilles against Detroit, but I'd much rather have a weak link at LG than LT.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:39 AM

Whats wrong with Justice?